Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Keep getting more excited for this as more details emerge. If they end up making this a great show and follow up with another in IoA, I'll be a happy fan.

I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but yea, I really like everything I see so far. At least this time it looks like they're putting in the effort to do it correctly

At the park right now. Looks like some equipment may finally be going in. A lot of work going on in the building on the water closest to Transformers. The platform is HUGE. They spent a good chunk of money on that thing. It's definitely not going anywhere.

3 different "entrance ramps" now. It's gotten enormous.
So big, that the viewing area looks tiny, and way too close to everything. Obviously, it won't be as disproportionate once the water level is raise, but just an amusing difference in scale.

I wish we had some pictures from the other side - I can't make out where the far right ramp goes (on the transformers side).

@MrPipps Can you snap a pic by chance?

I created two example layouts.

Grey is currently installed platforms. Yellow are two options based on "three times larger" per Alicia. Red is the under construction seating area.
Personally I think Option 2 seems more likely, though without a gap.

Also, doesn't the seating area construction go all the way to the water? I'm pretty sure they ripped up all the pathways too

Reactions: LJGonz and Felipe
Personally I think Option 2 seems more likely, though without a gap.

Also, doesn't the seating area construction go all the way to the water? I'm pretty sure they ripped up all the pathways too

I don't see any arched pieces of flooring so I don't know how the'll keep it continuous. And the seating area is just a rough guess to get an idea of viewing area.

I created two example layouts.

Grey is currently installed platforms. Yellow are two options based on "three times larger" per Alicia. Red is the under construction seating area.
I'm guessing option 1. Angle the seating slightly south and everything lines up almost perfectly.
With option 2 it seems like it some sight lines from the seating to ends of the platform could be pretty bad.

I'm guessing option 1. Angle the seating slightly south and everything lines up almost perfectly.
With option 2 it seems like it some sight lines from the seating to ends of the platform could be pretty bad.
The seating area wraps all the way around to near the Simpsons area though, and as of now it looks like people would be looking out into an empty part of the lake if it's not option 2.

I'm surprised they are, seemingly, not going to include the viewing areas near Duff Gardens and Lombard's. Seems like a waste of prime space, especially if you want to do an upcharge dinner package...

You can still have an upcharge dinner package. Just have people have dinner, then they get a reserved spot in the amphitheater or whatever they're building.

I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but yea, I really like everything I see so far. At least this time it looks like they're putting in the effort to do it correctly
Agreed, not getting my hopes up until the final product is revealed, but I much prefer seeing additions/improvements to infrastructure for the show, as opposed to ugly barges just being tossed into the lagoon.