Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That is exactly what Disney was thinking when they blocked out most APs at Disneyland for Star Wars Land... and APs waited the 3 months. They regretted that move.
Disneyland is also a park that's always full of passholders, and it's small. They had to keep things from getting out of hand.

Universal doesn't seem to have a problem changing their mind when needed. It's better to be a little cautious and limit pass holders at first than to have the park over capacity and delivering bad guest experience because a lot of passholders are hanging out because it's new. Passholders are an important part of Universal's clientele, but they make more money of the day guests, and even more off the resort hotel guests. They take precedence.

I'd imagine they will block out the lower 2-3 passes while making it "exclusive" for the higher tiers for the first month or so. I don't think they're worried about people ignoring IOA/USF, they're worried about similar reviews to Hagrid/Volcano Bay's first few weeks of operations when they were not ready to handle massive crowds.
Far more likely there's a new high tier AP (whenever they decide to allow APs into their new playground). Outside of previews, no one getting in "for free" on an existing pass.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Anyone who REALLY wants to go will buy a ticket if they don't get it on their pass. That's why I think that if they don't sell passes, they'll offer passholder discounts on tickets. They know we'll all do whatever it takes to get there.
I actually wouldn't. Neither would any of my friends who are locals. We just don't get day passes to anything. When Disney didn't have APs we all just didn't go. Again, I can't imagine APs not being part of soft openings.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I think Disney has a tendency to take too long to react when changes can be made to adapt to actual situations on the ground. No reason they couldn’t have updated blockout dates when they saw they weren’t needed.
Disney was stubborn about it, but I'd argue if they blocked out everyone for the summer and told people they could only visit via a 1-day ticket or the most expensive AP... only to then remove all of those blackouts a month after, it wouldn't be a good look either for those that took Disney's word and paid for a day.

Disneyland is also a park that's always full of passholders, and it's small. They had to keep things from getting out of hand.

Universal doesn't seem to have a problem changing their mind when needed. It's better to be a little cautious and limit pass holders at first than to have the park over capacity and delivering bad guest experience because a lot of passholders are hanging out because it's new. Passholders are an important part of Universal's clientele, but they make more money of the day guests, and even more off the resort hotel guests. They take precedence.
I just think Universal needs to avoid complicating the ticketing structure by making Epic an only 1-Day thing, separate from APs and multi-day tickets. If they're worried about APs clogging up the place, place a reservation system for the first few months or just be clear that they don't intend on selling APs with Epic for a few months.

Far more likely there's a new high tier AP (whenever they decide to allow APs into their new playground). Outside of previews, no one getting in "for free" on an existing pass.
I don't expect free access to existing 2-day passes, but I just want to avoid paying for a 1-day ticket in summer and then finding out a week later Universal drops annual passes with Epic included lol

The AP preview for VelociCoaster went smoothly... give APs who upgrade to an AP with Epic a 2-3 week preview and then block them for a few weeks post-public opening. I just can't wrap my head around, essentially, ignoring locals/APs for the first few weeks of operations.

I think I'm missing something. How can you block and piss off AP holders when they don't exist yet for Epic Universe? Maybe they just don't sell annual passes that include EU until 6 months after opening?
Believe it or not, some pass holders have been holders for decades. If they're told you can upgrade but can't go it sort of removes any incentive to upgrade. And of course they will make it a 3-paark passport and the 2-park will be discontinued, just like when IOA opened. The locals are the best advertising they have here.

The rumor is they will not sell APs that include Epic Universe at first.

When the time comes for Epic Universe AP previews before the park grand opens I’m sure anyone with the appropriate 2 or 3-park passes would be able to experience a preview. Those are the passes you can buy now.

They would not be not blocking AP passes. They would just not sell them for Epic Universe to start, again, according to a rumor.

If you’d want to visit beyond the AP previews but before you can upgrade/purchase an AP that includes Epic Universe, you’d probably have to purchase a day ticket. That’s the rumor.
The only issue I see with that (and it's a big one) is that anyone who wants to renew during that period would be blocked from including Epic for a year unless Universal wants to do something convoluted (Do you add on Epic for just the remains period? Restart the 1 year count from the add on?). I can't see Universal risk losing months of AP business while people either don't renew and wait or worse, decide to AP another park for the year.

The only issue I see with that (and it's a big one) is that anyone who wants to renew during that period would be blocked from including Epic for a year unless Universal wants to do something convoluted (Do you add on Epic for just the remains period? Restart the 1 year count from the add on?). I can't see Universal risk losing months of AP business while people either don't renew and wait or worse, decide to AP another park for the year.
APs can be upgraded to higher tiers or from 2 to 3 park passes currently at any time during your term. You just pay the difference in cost.

But this is the construction thread, sorry for continuing it @Brian G.

Reactions: Jake S
bafkreiatkzaxrswysqhx4n7gxvx26a4inahbecxdsyyt2zrampqq6vmnse@jpeg

Theming has been added to the top of the Potter entrance as-well.