Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

You smokin somethin gabe or is that legit?

It's not legit at all. Anyone who is in the wastewater business could tell you it's not feasible. Source: I'm in the wastewater business.

Considering aeration and clarifiers are an integral part of the treatment process; it would be impossible to enclose it.

A wall? Sure. Deodorizing products? Absolutely. Enclosed? 100% impossible.

It's not legit at all. Anyone who is in the wastewater business could tell you it's not feasible. Source: I'm in the wastewater business.

Considering aeration and clarifiers are an integral part of the treatment process; it would be impossible to enclose it. Again- impossible.

A wall? Sure. Deodorizing products? Absolutely. Enclosed? 100% impossible.
They're going to surround the sewage plant with ET scented candles. ;) While I was having my house built, we rented a house that was about 50 yards from the Clairton (Deer Hunter movie) sewage plant. The scent wasn't raw sewage but the chemicals had a nasty smell.

They're going to surround the sewage plant with ET scented candles. ;)
:lol:

While I was having my house built, we rented a house that was about 50 yards from the Clairton (Deer Hunter movie) sewage plant. The scent wasn't raw sewage but the chemicals had a nasty smell.
I know I posted about this in the past when they bought the land and had a nice long post or two about it. But essentially, if a plant wants to cover the smell, they can. There are some wastewater plants next door to million dollar homes and fancy business all across America and they rarely, if ever, smell. It's just a more expensive and time consuming process, but it's more than feasible. If Mr. Millionaire can get smells resolved, what do you think Mr. Corporate Billionaire can do?

Granted, there can be a "plant upset" where things go upside-down, the bugs get killed, etc and it can stink intermittently; but I wouldn't expect this thing to stink at all considering the tax base and revenue this park is going to bring in.

I was thinking... maybe that's why Fantastic Beasts is an enclosed land... it's closest to the poo!

But can't you go through toilets to get to the Ministry of Magic?

Anyway, here's a ground photo from Reddit:

3pv0we12dgj31.jpg

Epic Universe, Universal: 8/29/19 : OrlandoFun

Looks like it could be a photo from within the construction site - are those allowed to be posted here?
That's from the road and walkway next to it. There's a whole portion on Destination Parkway that doesn't have a fence blocking it.

Right now (in preparation for the possibility of the hurricane), the scrims are down on the fence around the property. You can really get a sense of how big a project it is when you see the earthworks going on without the scrims. If anyone is able they should take some pictures while the scrim is still down.