Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I did an article but not linking it here, but here’s my edited graphic.

View attachment 11587
I know it is site policy that you can't post your own stuff but somehow people dump JPland21 Videos on every hollywood thread. SMH

Anyway let me just leave this here :bolt:

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Here's the site plans for the two building's foundations for 902. The main site plan, had it been submitted correctly, probably looks something like this, but without the buildings being shaded in gray.

View attachment 11584
Building B1530 isn't the huge stadium, right? Looking at the concept art it looks like the biggest building in the lower area of the village. The big stage/theater/arena thing is half a circle and looks much bigger. Alicia could you please clarify?

Building B1530 isn't the huge stadium, right? Looking at the concept art it looks like the biggest building in the lower area of the village. The big stage/theater/arena thing is half a circle and looks much bigger. Alicia could you please clarify?
In her article, she notes the stadium could’ve been a generic show based building depiction, though the actual show seems to be in the square building in the plans.

I don't quite understand the map, specifically B1505. Is this section an open courtyard type area? Or a building?

I dare someone to put these plans over a real life satellite picture of the EU plot
Super low quality image overlay on google earth imagery from Dec '18:
ehI6WOIt.png

ykhKXHXt.png

Plans images are from @Alicia, obviously.

I'm hoping for a drop ride...buuut it will probably just a facade haha
Dude I was hoping a drop ride in the windmill as well haha. Agreed likely too small/would have awful capacity. Unless most of the queue is outdoors, viewing the windmill, then I can't see it. I still don't think the building would even be large enough to hold ride mechanics but we can dream haha. Would be cool to have the drop tower open up sorta like ToT and you just see the windmill going infront of your face overlooking the village.

Is that EU officially going vertical?

Actually just the opposite. These are access points for storm drainage. Everything you see in the picture will be buried underground. So as they place each precast concrete piece, they will put the sections of large black pipe in... connecting them. Then bury them back over after the work is inspected. Eventually, roads, parking...or the resort itself will be the finish grade. It's good to see actual things and systems begin to be put in place. Next things to be installed will be those green pipes (the green pipes are not for Mario...they are for poop). Afterwards electric service. Once utilities are in place, then foundations and vertical construction begin. Still waiting to see other permits for areas we haven't yet. Would assume that vertical construction won't begin before May or June.

Last edited:
Actually just the opposite. These are access points for storm drainage. Everything you see in the picture will be buried underground. So as they place each precast concrete piece, they will put the sections of large black pipe in... connecting them. Then bury them back over after the work is inspected. Eventually, roads, parking...or the resort itself will be the finish grade. It's good to see actual things and systems begin to be put in place. Next things to be installed will be those green pipes. Afterwards electric service. Once utilities are in place, then foundations and vertical construction begin. Still waiting to see other permits for areas we haven't yet. Would assume that vertical construction won't begin before May or June.
Thanks for the explanation! Very interesting.