Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know its been mentioned that the park won’t open with express, but does anyone know if the queues have been designed to accommodate it? I’ve been lucky enough to get a ruby (i think ruby, not sure) pass, but I used it on Hagrid’s and it just feels like the “express” queue was an afterthought having you go through the exit.
From the animated flyover video of Super Nintendo World, you can see that at least Mine Cart Madness has an express line with a designated sign.

Reactions: amar831
I know its been mentioned that the park won’t open with express, but does anyone know if the queues have been designed to accommodate it? I’ve been lucky enough to get a ruby (i think ruby, not sure) pass, but I used it on Hagrid’s and it just feels like the “express” queue was an afterthought having you go through the exit.
Yes, all rides have Express queues in permits. (Many also have single rider queues.)

This has recently changed.

Express (which you need a 101 ticket from Hagrid's or Velicoaster for) now goes through Single Rider Line, where a TM will redirect you through stairs into the "Gloves" room merge point (same as it was when you came in through the exit). This staircase was sometimes used as the "re-ride" line in Dragon Challenge.

Single Rider still comes in down a different staircase, and ends up at the "Motorbikes on top", last, room.

This has recently changed.

Express (which you need a 101 ticket from Hagrid's or Velicoaster for) now goes through Single Rider Line, where a TM will redirect you through stairs into the "Gloves" room merge point (same as it was when you came in through the exit). This staircase was sometimes used as the "re-ride" line in Dragon Challenge.

Single Rider still comes in down a different staircase, and ends up at the "Motorbikes on top", last, room.
"Re-ride" line almost felt like a myth towards the end of dueling dragons run. Really love how they're paying homage with stardust. (Presume they'll have a fork in the road choice akin to DD/DC).

The entrance to the park looks fantastic and it's great to see the Chronos just about complete!

It's going to be interesting to find out stats like how many trees have been planted around the park and they keep bringing in more. AK is probably the only park I can think of in Orlando that might have more?

Walking towards the park is going to make EU look like an oasis coming from the far end of the parking lot. The heat shimmer off the pavement in the summer is going to really sell that effect.

Walking towards the park is going to make EU look like an oasis coming from the far end of the parking lot. The heat shimmer off the pavement in the summer is going to really sell that effect.

I didn’t think it would be possible to find a silver lining to an uncovered car park in Orlando summer heat but guess I was wrong.

When looking at the Chronos. Does there appear to be room for additional lands? For example we see the four land medallions. Can they fit a fifth in there easily like it's planned?

Out of the expansion areas the only one that would be a completely separate land would be the one between Potter and Stardust (possibly the one next to Nintendo also but I think we all concur that will be another Nintendo themed area).

Is it that they didn't build express (which I have a hard time believing) or they don't want to staff express so they route it differently?

I would assume all rides in Epic will be built for express.

Is it that they didn't build express (which I have a hard time believing) or they don't want to staff express so they route it differently?

I think gone are the days that any ride will only have one line. Whether it's normal line, single rider, and/or express. Or some combination of those. It would be like building the park in this day and age without room for security checks/screenings. Just like the fast food restaurants will all probably have dedicated mobile order areas. It's easier to make the room for such features now and not use them versus needing them in the future and not planning ahead for it. Same thing for bathrooms. I think we are quickly approaching a period where it just won't be a men's and women's bathroom decision. However form that takes (men, women, unisex, etc.)

As I said above, all rides are built for Express. It takes time to get operations running smoothly enough to have the capacity for Express without negatively affecting standby too much.

A new park with new rides is already problematic enough at first without adding slowdowns from priority queues.

As I said above, all rides are built for Express. It takes time to get operations running smoothly enough to have the capacity for Express without negatively affecting standby too much.

A new park with new rides is already problematic enough at first without adding slowdowns from priority queues.
Agreed. I was more addressing the person who said Hagrids wasn't. I assume it was but they are just not using it.

Ah gotcha. Yea it’ll get Express eventually. They keep trying new measures to help prepare for it.
When I said staffing, I meant they probably don't want to staff the line they built for it for just Ruby and GA passes, so they would use other lines that wouldn't require extra staffing.