Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My experience with spinning coasters is that they have very compact layouts. The spinning elements make the coasters feel much more intense than the track leads you to expect.
Certainly

Here is the Cobra's Curse layout from the air...it does feel like a pretty decent length, even though the spinning only takes place at the end

I'm thinking the second launch has more to it

2016_busch_gardens_tampa_cobras_curse_aerial_02_37377308_ver1.0.jpg

That doesn't look Hippogriff level kiddie coaster even not taking the spinning into account.

They should call this Monsterland Coaster "Capacity Nightmare".

I am hoping they have thought through capacity for all the attractions or they will have a Disney Studios problem on their hands (or worse) since this park appears to be opening with 11 rides.

My experience with spinning coasters is that they have very compact layouts. The spinning elements make the coasters feel much more intense than the track leads you to expect.

That's the issue and why we've been saying "is that it?!", it's not a compact layout for a spinner, it's the opposite. There's usually several turns and helixes,

To give a sense of scale and what a compact layout could fit in that same footprint here's an example of two coasters, same space

Idc if it's short or not, I'm just grateful it exists lol. It should be a fun little ride, even if it is a closer comparison to Cobra's Curse than something crazy.
I think we can already see this is definitely no cobras curse. I really think this is the coaster the park needed, a moderate thrill coaster nestled in what seems to be a corner of it's own. Doesnt seem to be intrusive into the rest of the land and it fits the narrative, it's a tourist attraction in a tourist town that is very aware of it's status and the reason people come. For comparisons sake, I see this having a similar take as velocicoaster.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
To me the coaster is looking like a slightly more thrilling Slinky Dog....but that is a good thing. If it's a spinning coaster that will differentiate it even more. These types of thrilling "family coasters" are always a huge hit. I know some don't like SD but I always come off from it with a smile...and so does everyone else.

To me the coaster is looking like a slightly more thrilling Slinky Dog....but that is a good thing. If it's a spinning coaster that will differentiate it even more. These types of thrilling "family coasters" are always a huge hit. I know some don't like SD but I always come off from it with a smile...and so does everyone else.
Slinky Dog is definitely a fun coaster, especially for people that aren't all crazy about high thrill coasters. It has a nice broad demographic, which many high thrill coasters lack....The Monster's coaster might
entice that same wide range of guests, if it's as entertaining as Slinky.

Reactions: mainejeff
My issue with Slinky is not the ride experience, which is fun. It's that it looks so transparently cheap to me. The supposed "It's meant to look like a kid built it in his backyard from a kit!" theme just feels like incidental cover to handwave away the fact that they didn't want to spend more money to properly theme it.

I really hope the Monsters coaster is operating on a higher level of theme work.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Absolutely agree. I also just don’t understand why it would be on the level of SDD when you already have two family lands with two family coasters. Unless the monsters dark ride is that thrilling, I genuinely don’t get why it shouldn’t be at least a little more thrilling. Would be perfectly fine with the thrill level of Cobras Curse with immersive theming.

From Cygnus's latest photos I noticed the textured rock work on the inside of the HTTYD "Lake" with the statues. That is going to be one giant pool. Hope they throw some fish in there (depends on whether the water is going to be treated or natural I guess). If it is treated "pool" water then that also becomes a big coin depository.

Fn55IekagAMnPtw.jpg