Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can't get over the idea that the Sacré Cœur is being built thousands of miles away in a theme park in Florida when I got to see it every day while I'm doing the dishes or taking a shower !

The view from my kitchen and bathroom windows (no zoom)
Question I just realized on this location. Is there anyway the front “realistic Paris” section of this land could be expanded beyond Harry Potter? I’m asking because this is the exact location of the final showdown in John Wick 4 and that could make for a pretty awesome action show ;)

Likewise at USF for London if they ever wanted to do something with James Bond but maybe that would get a ride considering Bourne exists at that park.

Reactions: tielo
Question I just realized on this location. Is there anyway the front “realistic Paris” section of this land could be expanded beyond Harry Potter? I’m asking because this is the exact location of the final showdown in John Wick 4 and that could make for a pretty awesome action show ;)

Likewise at USF for London if they ever wanted to do something with James Bond but maybe that would get a ride considering Bourne exists at that park.
The rights holders do not allow these areas to feature any proprieties not related to Wizarding World.

And while it looks like London, it is very much Harry Potter’s London, complete with music from the films.

The rights holders do not allow these areas to feature any proprieties not related to Wizarding World.

And while it looks like London, it is very much Harry Potter’s London, complete with music from the films.
As great as this park looks to be I’m thinking they’re pigeonholing themselves a bit. There’s two expansion pads currently, correct? Are either of them big enough to hold a fifth land of a similar size to the current 4 or would they just act as expansions to the existing ones? Is there a good amount of easily accessible backstage that could be used in the future? It seems like it wouldn’t be long (in theme park expansion building years) before a 4th park could be needed if everything has to be a big 1 IP land. Imo this is less of a problem for things like Nintendo and Monsters which come across as being a bit more broad in scope than strictly Wizarding Paris/MoM and the Isle of Berk.

I’m also strictly talking about this end of the resort without considering future work that could be done over at USF/IoA beyond Zelda replacing Lost Continent.

Also if they did expand the London theming to put James Bond over Fear Factor couldn’t it technically be as simple as just saying “now you’re in James Bond’s London” along with a music change?

Last edited:
Reactions: biggerboat16
As great as this park looks to be I’m thinking they’re pigeonholing themselves a bit. There’s two expansion pads currently, correct? Are either of them big enough to hold a fifth land of a similar size to the current 4 or would they just act as expansions to the existing ones? Is there a good amount of easily accessible backstage that could be used in the future? It seems like it wouldn’t be long (in theme park expansion building years) before a 4th park could be needed if everything has to be a big 1 IP land. Imo this is less of a problem for things like Nintendo and Monsters which come across as being a bit more broad in scope than strictly Wizarding Paris/MoM and the Isle of Berk.

I’m also strictly talking about this end of the resort without considering future work that could be done over at USF/IoA beyond Zelda replacing Lost Continent.

Also if they did expand the London theming to put James Bond over Fear Factor couldn’t it technically be as simple as just saying “now you’re in James Bond’s London” along with a music change?
Each land has an existing expansion pad (with Nintendo’s being the smallest. Then the pad next to Nintendo is about 7 acres. The one between Potter and Dragons is around 20 acres. It’s like they learned from IOA. Left space for 2 full new lands, and expansions to the four they have.

Timetables are fluctuating on certain aspects of Epic. Just glad all the rides have already started major work by the time it happened.
I’m sorry if I’m misinterpreting you, but does this suggest Helios might not open with the park? Is there a possibility we might see stores, restaurants, or scenic elements delayed? I fully understand if you can’t respond.

I’m sorry if I’m misinterpreting you, but does this suggest Helios might not open with the park? Is there a possibility we might see stores, restaurants, or scenic elements delayed? I fully understand if you can’t respond.
I will say I believe one hub dining location has been postponed, and two have seemingly changed plans, to accommodate changing timetables. And more may be confirmed later.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I will say I believe one hub dining location has been postponed, and two have seemingly changed plans, to accommodate changing timetables. And more may be confirmed later.

Taking a guess they were doing the next round of construction contracts and realized there was a shortage?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Can you say if there will still be two table service restaurants in the hub at opening?

Are we anticipating that the park will still feel "complete" at opening day, or might there be some incomplete projects that, for lack of a better word, leave some obvious "holes" when touring the park?

Are we anticipating that the park will still feel "complete" at opening day, or might there be some incomplete projects that, for lack of a better word, leave some obvious "holes" when touring the park?
By my count, Epic will open with 7 “major” quick service restaurants while Islands opened with 8. Both will open with two full service restaurants. I believe a food court, full service and quick service were cut from Epic’s hub.

Taking a guess they were doing the next round of construction contracts and realized there was a shortage?
That’s a likely explanation. But let’s just say rides are more important than non-rides right now.

Can you say if there will still be two table service restaurants in the hub at opening?
Three actually. It’s the food court that’s been delayed I believe.
It’ll feel complete for sure.

By my count, Epic will open with 7 “major” quick service restaurants while Islands opened with 8. Both will open with two full service restaurants. I believe a food court, full service and quick service were cut from Epic’s hub.
The full service that was cut, (Cassini,) is made up for by the quick service formerly rumored to be called Elysian BBQ being supposedly transformed into Oak & Star Tavern, a full service location with bar. So, we don’t lose any full services!

That’s a likely explanation. But let’s just say rides are more important than non-rides right now.

Three actually. It’s the food court that’s been delayed I believe.

It’ll feel complete for sure.

The full service that was cut, (Cassini,) is made up for by the quick service formerly rumored to be called Elysian BBQ being supposedly transformed into Oak & Star Tavern, a full service location with bar. So, we don’t lose any full services!
Not to try and sound political, but I heard that many construction workers in Florida have walked out of their jobs in protest of a new immigration law DeSantis signed called SB 1718. Could that be playing a part in the construction shortages and changing time tables at EU? But either way I am glad that Universal has their priorities in place with getting all the rides up and running.

Not to try and sound political, but I heard that many construction workers in Florida have walked out of their jobs in protest of a new immigration law DeSantis signed called SB 1718. Could that be playing a part in the construction shortages and changing time tables at EU? But either way I am glad that Universal has their priorities in place with getting all the rides up and running.
Looking into it all day, doesn’t seem like that’s the reasoning. I don’t think it’s a shortage problem.

My guess is the needs of the park may have shifted since it was initially designed, and they may want to rethink some of the hub’s offerings, specifically on the right side (for whatever reason).

Rather than have to wait for redesigns to be ready, permits and plans approved, and work to be completed, I bet they just put it off till after the park opens… so they can open the park proper as soon as possible.

That said, the food court does still appear in the most recent site plans, but it’s not yet permitted to build, so guessing it’s postponed. Cassini on the other hand, was replaced with what looks like a gazebo, which may only be temporary until they come up with something new.

Also heard from Universal Core that one reason for why Ministry of Magic was changed from a trackless ride to the SCOOP was due to budget cuts.