Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let's not forget the awesome preshow that Screamscape described for the main ride.

As one of my friends said, they're coming for Hondo's neck with that.
Since it sounds like the concept of the land has changed quite a bit from what Screamscape described a few months back I wonder if that also changed up the story of the ride a bit as well.

Did it change? Or are two outlets reporting the same information using different language?
Wasn’t Screamscape’s initial description of the land along the lines of “Frankenstein’s village turned into a tourist trap by the villagers to capitalize on the legend’s notoriety” with the dark ride being Frankenstein’s ancestor creating the “ultimate tourist attraction”? That seems a good bit different then a village that’s not the Frankenstein village that used to be terrorized by all of the monsters where the villagers are rooted in extreme generation trauma.

Wasn’t Screamscape’s initial description of the land along the lines of “Frankenstein’s village turned into a tourist trap by the villagers to capitalize on the legend’s notoriety” with the dark ride being Frankenstein’s ancestor creating the “ultimate tourist attraction”? That seems a good bit different then a village that’s not the Frankenstein village that used to be terrorized by all of the monsters where the villagers are rooted in extreme generation trauma.

Yeah I really liked Screamscape's description, hope that stays the same.

Their last updates said it was not Frankenstein Village.

EDIT: And what I said wasn’t different from what they’ve said about the land, just the tone wasn’t the same.

E83AE13C-7A78-41D5-A3DE-EB29A14B6DF0.jpeg

What more of a story do you want? The land has been home of several monsters throughout it's history. That legend has traveled around the world and people come for that very reason, some to see if they can see an actual monster, some to debunk the claims. As of late, the village has been ridden of all monsters. . . but has it really. The villagers are not oblivious as to why we are there but at the same time this is normal living for them.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Their last updates said it was not Frankenstein Village.

EDIT: And what I said wasn’t different from what they’ve said about the land, just the tone wasn’t the same.

View attachment 18037
So was Screamscape wrong about it being Frankenstein’s village from the start or was that changed later on so it could encompass all of the monsters into the land’s story.

Everyone thought it was Dracula’s Castle until we thought it was Frankenstein Manor. Assuming the village was Frankenstein Village to go along with the manor seems obvious, but the more we learn the more it seems it’s not the case, and never was. It sounds like the land is it’s own thing.

Everyone thought it was Dracula’s Castle until we thought it was Frankenstein Manor. Assuming the village was Frankenstein Village to go along with the manor seems obvious, but the more we learn the more it seems it’s not the case, and never was. It sounds like the land is it’s own thing.
So in that case the initial story for the ride that Screamscape scooped was at least slightly changed or incorrect from the start since it was running on the assumption that it was set in Frankenstein’s manor and village yes?

So in that case the initial story for the ride that Screamscape scooped was at least slightly changed or incorrect from the start since it was running on the assumption that it was set in Frankenstein’s manor and village yes?
What if.. Frankenstein Manor was actually in a different village in this world?

If the monsters lived here, so can the Dr.

EDIT: Also, saying they scooped it is a bit much, considering we all discussed that rumor here in 2019 before the park was even announced. I believe we even guessed it would be Dr Frankenstein’s granddaughter on this forum. The whole story concept they reported isn’t remotely new. Only the ride name they reported was.

What if.. Frankenstein Manor was actually in a different village in this world?

If the monsters lived here, so can the Dr.

EDIT: Also, saying they scooped it is a bit much, considering we all discussed that rumor here in 2019 before the park was even announced. I believe we even guessed it would be Dr Frankenstein’s granddaughter on this forum. The whole story concept they reported isn’t remotely new. Only the ride name they reported was.
I only used scoop cause I couldn’t think of a better word on the spot haha.

Reactions: Alicia
Felt the urge to look it up. Here’s the source of the rumor, traced back to Oct 2019. And then we spitballed from there.

People are assuming we're visiting the castle *in the past.* Sons are so overplayed though.

How many theme park attractions pass the Bechdel Test?
The Dr. Frankenstein you’re thinking of won’t be creating new stuff.
As I said...

I mean, the movie takes place in 1931. I'm fairly certain Dr. Frankenstein would be dead by now, and his son wouldn't be up for a high-speed thrill ride/chase through the castle and grounds.

From these few messages, we started to think of what Legacy meant and it went from there, again, all in 2019.

@Legacy rereading the prior comments, if you’re claiming it’ll be set in modern day and reference that test... do you expect a character in the ride to be, like, Doctor Frankenstein’s granddaughter or something along those lines?
Questions:
It is the city expected to be Frankenstein’s village or a general village plagued by a variety of monsters in the past?
Is the mist of the story gonna be lets say granddaughter who’s also a doctor Frankenstein or whoever bringing us back in time or reawakening all the monsters or what?

Frankenstein's great great granddaughter, twice removed, from their second cousins on the Drak in laws side of the family, and descended from a long line of Mummy's.;):lol:

Okay but is it Frankie’s or Frankie’s daughter/granddaughter hahaha. Either way, Frankenstein’s village sounds perfect for me.
This was around the time we switched from thinking it was Dracula’s Castle to Frankenstein Manor, so we were all spitballing.

I also made a joke on a podcast around this time, saying that it looked like there was an old sign at the entrance to the land in the concept art and site plan, I wonder if it says “Welcome to Frankenstein Village: Home of the Monster.”

So, sometimes I wonder if these *tourist trap* rumors are just from a game of telephone from speculation and jokes. It’s why I tried to stick to things I’ve actually seen or heard in my recent story, and not stuff from a rumor aggregator site. (Which may be true, or could be a collection of things we discussed several years ago on this forum, I’m not sure which.)

Another fantastic TPS video that gives a pretty comprehensive view of the Monsters land

Great work as always @Alicia. One worry I still have is the list of the monsters that will appear in the ride. The Bride of Frankenstein is noticeably absent from the list in the video, and the “possibly” before Dracula is concerning. How could they not include both of them in a ride where the whole selling point is having all the monsters together?

Reactions: alias8703
Great work as always @Alicia. One worry I still have is the list of the monsters that will appear in the ride. The Bride of Frankenstein is noticeably absent from the list in the video, and the “possibly” before Dracula is concerning. How could they not include both of them in a ride where the whole selling point is having all the monsters together?
Just reporting the ones I know for sure so far, but it’s not an exhaustive list. (Plus, Invisible Man could’ve been there and I wouldn’t even know it!)