Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I'm Universal, I'm completely changing my tune on project hype. The next few years are almost certainly going to be tough sledding in getting guests to come down and travel as-is. Theoretically 2023 (or 2024, whenever EU opens) will be when tourism will hopefully be on the upswing again. filling the next few years with constant hype would pay off big time.
I think we should all pitch in to buy a room

• Haha
Reactions: Mark laderman
They've oddly been open about Nintendo going here in 2023. I don't think any of us expected confirmation on that at this point. So maybe they're relaxing a little bit on bigger projects but are still protecting details.

Idk, the updates in Beijing are dope though. Also what is that ride layout on themeparx, is that for FJ? As a non expert its hard for me to read haha, and its 3D animated.
I did.

To me it only made sense. They already announced it’s coming to Orlando but neglected to mention which park it was going to. Once they announced the new park it would’ve been far too obvious to still try and play coy with the info. Might as well just let it out that that’s where Nintendo was going.
Very fair. I do think it’s still a bit surprising 4 years out. I know they didn’t make a big media blitz about it but idk still interesting. I guess it makes sense with the first SNW actually opening now too. Can’t imagine we hear officially about any of the other lands until late next year at the earliest

Reactions: Mike S
To me it only made sense. They already announced it’s coming to Orlando but neglected to mention which park it was going to. Once they announced the new park it would’ve been far too obvious to still try and play coy with the info. Might as well just let it out that that’s where Nintendo was going.
I said "no" because I wanted something in Kidzone

But, as a business move, it's smart to have Nintendo in EU

I said "no" because I wanted something in Kidzone

But, as a business move, it's smart to have Nintendo in EU
Dude I can’t help but imagine though how sick of a park USF would be next year if this was opening.

In my hypothetical timeline (where the world is also normal), we got Hagrid’s, Today Cafe, and Bourne in 2019, JP Coaster in 2020 along with updated Raptor Encounter and (hopefully) the Discovery Center (just make it Raptor Encounter on steroids with Photo Ops with all the different Dino’s), and SNW in 2021. It’d be ridiculous to have Diagon Alley and SNW in the same physical theme park. Just nuts.

Then SLOP at USF in 2022, and Pokémon replaces SNW at EU for opening.

What a better timeline it would have been hahaha.

Dude I can’t help but imagine though how sick of a park USF would be next year if this was opening.

In my hypothetical timeline (where the world is also normal), we got Hagrid’s, Today Cafe, and Bourne in 2019, JP Coaster in 2020 along with updated Raptor Encounter and (hopefully) the Discovery Center (just make it Raptor Encounter on steroids with Photo Ops with all the different Dino’s), and SNW in 2021. It’d be ridiculous to have Diagon Alley and SNW in the same physical theme park. Just nuts.

As most people here can attest to I agree with you.

Sometimes I wish Universal had not bought the new property as it would be cool for the concepts to make their way into the original parks:
Nintendo in Kidzone
MoM in FFL
HTTYD in TL
Monsters Land in LC or Monsters Ride replacing Mummy

Buuut, we get a new park AND new expansions to the originals, we just have a longer timeline now

Sometimes I wish Universal had not bought the new property as it would be cool for the concepts to make their way into the original parks:
Nintendo in Kidzone
MoM in FFL
HTTYD in TL
Monsters Land in LC or Monsters Ride replacing Mummy

Buuut, we get a new park AND new expansions to the originals, we just have a longer timeline now
Ya exactly, I'm thrilled where evaryitng is going cause now we get all that in EU (maybe not Ministry but I bet we do), AND, all those other things eventually replaced. It is hard to not think about SNW specifically because walls were going up and it felt very very real. SNW, as I've mentioned in the past here, almost singlehandedly solves all the problems with USF and their current lack of variety. Adding that in and Bourne would've been great for that park but, alas, we wait.

Ya exactly, I'm thrilled where evaryitng is going cause now we get all that in EU (maybe not Ministry but I bet we do), AND, all those other things eventually replaced. It is hard to not think about SNW specifically because walls were going up and it felt very very real. SNW, as I've mentioned in the past here, almost singlehandedly solves all the problems with USF and their current lack of variety. Adding that in and Bourne would've been great for that park but, alas, we wait.

Ok. So what all do we know about the Potter stuff? I feel so lost lol.

Ok. So what all do we know about the Potter stuff? I feel so lost lol.
It’s Fantastic Beasts, set in Paris, and there’s rumor of 2 major E tickets. Seems like that one of the E tickets is some sort of new coaster shooter type ride, where we’re with Newt trying to capture his escaped Beasts. But I think that’s a vague rumor so frankly, we don’t know much. Rumors of the ministry ride coming over as well that was originally going to take the Fear Factor plot, but, I don’t think either of the rides are near confirmed.

It’s Fantastic Beasts, set in Paris, and there’s rumor of 2 major E tickets. Seems like that one of the E tickets is some sort of new coaster shooter type ride, where we’re with Newt trying to capture his escaped Beasts. But I think that’s a vague rumor so frankly, we don’t know much. Rumors of the ministry ride coming over as well that was originally going to take the Fear Factor plot, but, I don’t think either of the rides are near confirmed.

Can anyone remind me what the Ministry ride was supposed to be?

If they were planning this, then I hope we can at least get it and MK when EU opens, if nothing else.
I’m in agreement! A ministry ride and Mario Kart, Caste Frankenstein ride are great sells. Missing a flying theatre attraction but hopefully the coaster and theming really deliver on HTTYD.

It seems like everybody is expecting some drastic cuts to come to EU based on nothing more than speculation.

I'm speculating Comcast either stays the course or doubles down on EU with what HP did for Islands after the Great Recession. Not to mention estimated completion times on the project square up with broader economic recovery predictions which would put the park in a great position to reap the rewards.