Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Early next year will mark when Universal started to show off concept art for EU. Perhaps they will follow it up around the same time in 2025 for an opening date.

On a side note, while there have been rumblings on this forum that maybe not all of EU will be open at launch, Jim Hill of the Disney Dish Podcast (take this with a large grain of salt considering his recent track record) claims that one of the four lands won't be open at launch.

On a side note, while there have been rumblings on this forum that maybe not all of EU will be open at launch, Jim Hill of the Disney Dish Podcast (take this with a large grain of salt considering his recent track record) claims that one of the four lands won't be open at launch.
That would be a really bad decision.

Grain of salt, etc.

I can't imagine how tough it would be to determine an opening date at this point in time with so much yet to be done and tested. And then there's always the potential for severe weather to upset the calculus.

Reactions: Nico
I can't imagine how tough it would be to determine an opening date at this point in time with so much yet to be done and tested. And then there's always the potential for severe weather to upset the calculus.
With those things factored in, my money would be on a late summer or early fall opening window for EU.

With those things factored in, my money would be on a late summer or early fall opening window for EU.
On that Universal earnings thread that got cut, I quoted Len Testa, Touring Plans owner, who said his sources indicated summer due to various delay issues, but Universal really wants to open in the spring. His opinion was that they'd have to throw a lot of money at the park if they were to do a spring date and he didn't know if they were willing to do that. ...Myself, I have no real idea, but I'd 'guess' around July. If Spring gets announced, they probably are going to throw tons of extra money at it to get it operating.

Reactions: TheUniC6
I’m sure it’ll end up being previews in spring, grand opening in summer, for better or worse. (Whether everything is ready or not.)
If a few of the eateries and other non ride things are down at opening, I don't that would be too big of a deal. But even then, my gut feeling is that some of the bigger rides like Monsters Unchained and especially The Battle of the Ministry will be plagued with technical issues at opening due to how complex they sound.

If a few of the eateries and other non ride things are down at opening, I don't that would be too big of a deal. But even then, my gut feeling is that some of the bigger rides like Monsters Unchained and especially The Battle of the Ministry will be plagued with technical issues at opening due to how complex they sound.
There's bound to be issues. Nearly all new attractions, being so high tech, have opening issues now. Epic doesn't have great capacity to begin with, so if there's problems with some of the major attractions, it's going to be some long standby line times for those early park goers. I'll be watching from a land far far away (Pennylvania). :D

Reactions: Disneyhead
There's bound to be issues. Nearly all new attractions, being so high tech, have opening issues now. Epic doesn't have great capacity to begin with, so if there's problems with some of the major attractions, it's going to be some long standby line times for those early park goers. I'll be watching from a land far far away (Pennylvania). :D
I have plans to revisit UOR at some point again in the future, (last time I went into the parks was back in 2016!) but am in no rush until Universal fully works out the kinks a EU. Depending the scale of the problems they have, I would say maybe things will be fully functional in a year to a year and 1/2 after opening.

It would be a tremendous black eye to open without any of the headlining attractions. Obviously, Universal knows this and is doing everything it can to get the park on its feet in time. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: HHN Maddux