Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 183 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And what has changed?
Weakness of theme park attendance throughout the US, most especially WDW & even Universal Orlando to a degree. Execs. were attributing 2023 attendance weakness to an after effect of the 2021/2022 revenge covid crowds and heat. But now 2024 has probably been worse, and its getting a little late to keep blaming that revenge travel, especially when overall tourism is still strong. Parks may have all hit a wall on their pricing after all these years of ticket/food/merchandise/hotel increases well above the yearly inflation rates. Even large ticket discounts this past year only had minimal effect of stabilizing attendance. The luster may be wearing thin....And that's all happened with a fairly healthy economy. And while I don't see a recession in 2025, my 'guess' is that the economy will be weaker than it's been the last couple of years due to a lot of lagging economic indicators that have been popping up the last couple of months.......But....this is all just my 'personal opinion' and observation :) . Many may think otherwise.

Last edited:
Weakness of theme park attendance throughout the US, most especially WDW & even Universal Orlando to a degree. Execs. were attributing 2023 attendance weakness to an after effect of the 2021/2022 revenge covid crowds and heat. But now 2024 has probably been worse, and its getting a little late to keep blaming that revenge travel, especially when overall tourism is still strong. Parks may have all hit a wall on their pricing after all these years of ticket/food/merchandise/hotel increases well above the yearly inflation rates. Even large ticket discounts this past year only had minimal effect of stabilizing attendance. The luster may be wearing thin....And that's all happened with a fairly healthy economy. And while I don't see a recession in 2025, my 'guess' is that the economy will be weaker than it's been the last couple of years due to a lot of lagging economic indicators that have been popping up the last couple of months.......But....this is all just my 'personal opinion' and observation :) . Many may think otherwise.
I think its more so just there is nothing really new in Orlando that is attracting people that people think are worth the expenses for a florida vacation....

Reactions: Jake S
I think its more so just there is nothing really new in Orlando that is attracting people that people think are worth the expenses for a florida vacation....
Particularly after a couple years when Orlando punched above its weight post-(and during) COVID. I think projecting 2025 is tricky for a lot of reasons, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me think these theme parks are in a dicey situation in the medium to long term.