Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Hotel Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we follow Disney's numbers, we should expect around 500 Rooms per night for whatever UEU's hotel will have, as MiraCosta, Disneyland Hotel Paris (Even though the outlier is Grand Californian).

If we had the amount of hotel rooms for the In-Park hotel of USB, that could give us a potential number to go off of as a potential guess. And to be somewhat frank..I do not think the In-Park Hotel for UEU, will be the only hotel at the property in the beginning.
Where would the other hotel go ?

The hub will remain open longer than the worlds i'm assuming... Staying in the hotel gives you early access to the hub, and the lands as they open. They can also probably alternate which world opens early daily or weekly. Could even keep a world open later for hotel guests.

The hub will remain open longer than the worlds i'm assuming... Staying in the hotel gives you early access to the hub, and the lands as they open. They can also probably alternate which world opens early daily or weekly. Could even keep a world open later for hotel guests.
Yup. There’s an incredible amount of private events held in Diagon and the public would never know about them these days as they happen after park close and guests enter at Fear Factor. I can see similar things happening for private events or park guests at this park.

For example, I could see one World being used for a private event while another is open for late night hotel guest access.

If we follow Disney's numbers, we should expect around 500 Rooms per night for whatever UEU's hotel will have, as MiraCosta, Disneyland Hotel Paris (Even though the outlier is Grand Californian).

If we had the amount of hotel rooms for the In-Park hotel of USB, that could give us a potential number to go off of as a potential guess. And to be somewhat frank..I do not think the In-Park Hotel for UEU, will be the only hotel at the property in the beginning.
If 500 is accurate (seems legit), wouldn’t this be Universal’s smallest resort by far?

If 500 is accurate (seems legit), wouldn’t this be Universal’s smallest resort by far?
The current smallest resort is Aventura with 600 rooms, so at 500 rooms this would be the smallest but not by a huge amount.

I don't have any inside information, but 500-600 rooms looks reasonable based on the size of the building in the concept art.

How large and how expensive would we expect the Nintendo resort to be?

Considering the nature of the IP, I could easily see it being a Hard Rock level Premium, especially if it's their answer to Star Wars in some regards.

Honestly, it depends though on what the Nintendo IP would be featured. Whether it'd be oriented to Pokemon or Mario, it could go either way quite nicely..

I'm really curious about this, because this was the spot I thought was a most likely candidate for future garages.
Me too and thinking about it now it’s such a huge property I’m pretty sure they are developing somewhat of a master plan for it.

Last edited:
I'm really curious about this, because this was the spot I thought was a most likely candidate for future garages.
At this point my theory would be that they plan to have far less parking at the south complex than at the north (current) complex, so they will put one massive garage south of Universal Way on the east side, and hotels on the west.

I would believe that they would just build a garage above the area currently designated as a flat lot or they would just expand the flat lot.
How large and how expensive would we expect the Nintendo resort to be?
I would expect it to be a premium hotel like the hotel in the park (the one we see in the concept art) but I would expect higher prices. I expect the room theming quality and price to be very similar to the Legoland hotels. As for Windsor (the only Legoland hotel I have stayed in), the prices are around £450 ($550) and I expect I very similar price here. I think the size would not be too big, no more than 400-500 rooms.
As for the hotel, we can see in the concept art, in my eyes this will be priced very comparable to the Hard Rock or Portofino Bay.
My hope for the final third hotel would be a moderate as currently there is only one, SF, and it would be lovely to get another mid-priced location.

I would believe that they would just build a garage above the area currently designated as a flat lot or they would just expand the flat lot.
Which wouldn't allow them to utilize this land for another park. My theory is that they have a long term plan, and that their plan is to use the current land the parking lot sits on for expansion.

Which wouldn't allow them to utilize this land for another park. My theory is that they have a long term plan, and that their plan is to use the current land the parking lot sits on for expansion.
I agree with that. For visitors who are coming by car (and don't park at the north campus), Universal owns a number of other parcels as well, so if they're tight on space when they decide to build dry park 4, they may consider creating a TTC on a non-contiguous piece of land to the south campus. Its also quite likely at least a decade out, and a lot of people seem to believe self driving cars will reduce the likelihood of everyone owning a car, so who knows what the need will be at that point.

Planning to build a garage on the same spot as the entire parking lot likely won't work, as the entire time the garage is being built, there will be no place to park.

Planning to build a garage on the same spot as the entire parking lot likely won't work, as the entire time the garage is being built, there will be no place to park.
It would be phased, two garages built one at a time, and would likely overlap some space not on the parking lot site so most of the lot can stay open until first garage is ready.

It would be phased, two garages built one at a time, and would likely overlap some space not on the parking lot site so most of the lot can stay open until first garage is ready.
I would assume it's easier to build stuff (buildings/etc) on top of a parking lot than it would be to build on top of dirt, or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Just thinking about the idea that building a parking lot might not be seen as a "waste" if they end up building stuff on top of it anyway.

I would assume it's easier to build stuff (buildings/etc) on top of a parking lot than it would be to build on top of dirt, or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Just thinking about the idea that building a parking lot might not be seen as a "waste" if they end up building stuff on top of it anyway.
Plus, it's already zoned for parking, no need to go through that process again.

It's harder. You have to demo asphalt, base, and any other infrastructure. It's always ease to start with a raw site.

Status
Not open for further replies.