Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 8 rides will be quite something for a single land. Makes me really excited for this new park. I think Universal has set the bar extremely high if the real park ends up looking anything like the concept art.

I'm also intrigued by these two large buildings by the entrance. @Alicia have you heard much about these? The one on the left certainly looks big enough for an attraction.
I wouldn’t get your hopes up. I would guess restaurant plus guest services and gift shop all under one roof. If there’s an attraction in there, I’d say it would be sharing space, similar to Mickey meet and greet at Main Street, but you never know!

-HTTYD Coaster
-HTTYD Mack Splash Battle
-HTTYD Gerstlauer Sky Fly

Then going by rumors:
-Monsters E-Ticket
-Monsters D-ticket
-Potter E-ticket
-Potter E-ticket
EDIT: Just saw Alicia said HTTYD will have EIGHT rides
-HTTYD ride 4
-HTTYD ride 5
-HTTYD ride 6
-HTTYD ride 7
-HTTYD ride 8

First- that's insane that HTTYD will have 8 rides. But if 6 are kiddie flats, then all the better. That'd be great for families.

One of the HTTYD rides will for sure be a simulator. That box on the far left isn't big enough for anything else. If they do a simulator + a coaster, that's the best of both worlds. The box could also be a theater.

Looking at the art I’m thinking one of the show buildings in HTYYD could be some kind of big indoor dinner show similar to that medieval dinner show they have in Orlando (Medieval Times Dinner Theater - Official Site - Knights, Jousting, Fun | Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament). I think those kinds of things will fit very will with the time period plus they’ll have dragons to be able to show off as well.

It could easily be that too. That *would* work very well and be a fantastic TS.

When all is said and done, HTTYD could be the most fun and energetic land to ever exist.

thrilling flats just aren't really found in the market

Unfortunately, most of the good 'thrilling' flats are also eyesores. Zamperla Giant Discoveries are my absolute favorite flats and a blast. But how do you put a 100' pendulum somewhere without ruining sightlines?
The Sky Fly looks ok, but I don't know if i'd call it "thrilling" as much as I'd call it "nauseating", which most thrilling flats seem to be :(

I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that the attraction in the showbuilding in the HTTYD area is going to utilize this as the ride system:

us-shg.jpg

I'm expecting it to be a stationary simulator attraction with multiple theaters. Somewhat similar to Flight of Passage.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that the family coaster in the area will be themed to a viking ship, as it dives under the lagoon, and having two flight-themed attractions would be redundant.

I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that the attraction in the showbuilding in the HTTYD area is going to utilize this as the ride system:

View attachment 10411

I'm expecting it to be a stationary simulator attraction with multiple theaters. Somewhat similar to Flight of Passage.
Looks good!
:thumbsup:
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that the family coaster in the area will be themed to a viking ship, as it dives under the lagoon, and having two flight-themed attractions would be redundant.
There's also an assumed viking ship boat ride, so that would make two boat ride vehicles.

Also, Toothless can dive/swim underwater.
latest

Last edited:

View attachment 10411

that coaster theme would be cool.

1) Analyzing the concept art and making definitive assumptions based on it is the fast road to being disappointed.

2) Why is everything a response? First it was IoA and now this.
I'm thinking Universal wants to be more diversified and try to capture some of that MK demographic (except for toddlers) that the other two parks fall short of. Nothing wrong with trying to be a bit like the most successful parks , Disney's Kingdom parks, in the world.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. I would guess restaurant plus guest services and gift shop all under one roof. If there’s an attraction in there, I’d say it would be sharing space, similar to Mickey meet and greet at Main Street, but you never know!
For that building on the left (after guest entrance)...

If (big if) the hub is used for entertainment eg CW 2.0, the building on the left is...

A Cinemark theater.

Why is everything a response? First it was IoA and now this.

Correct. I agree it isn't a "response" to MK as @Mad Dog said. But I think he's part right in that this will be their "version". And by version, I mean; they looked at the demographic they are wanting to hit and are building attractions to appeal to that demographic more.

It seems to me that they are wanting boys of every age to come to their parks. They want them whining about going to Disney instead of Universal.

I'd be interested to know which gender/parent plans the family trips to amusement parks. My initial thought is females/moms, but I'd like to see some data to back that up. If it is, then it will be a harder appeal with the "boy-centric" themes of video games, monsters and dragons. The appeal is going to have to come from the kids themselves, one would think.

Disclaimer: I'm speaking in generalizations and not trying to get into some PC flame war, so spare me any political nonsense. Yes, yours or my daughter might like video games. Your son might like princesses. That's not the point. But I'm not going to pretend that Comcast isn't tracking demographics and targeting certain groups; because they certainly are.

Correct. I agree it isn't a "response" to MK as @Mad Dog said. But I think he's part right in that this will be their "version". And by version, I mean; they looked at the demographic they are wanting to hit and are building attractions to appeal to that demographic more.

It seems to me that they are wanting boys of every age to come to their parks. They want them whining about going to Disney instead of Universal.

I'd be interested to know which gender/parent plans the family trips to amusement parks. My initial thought is females/moms, but I'd like to see some data to back that up. If it is, then it will be a harder appeal with the "boy-centric" themes of video games, monsters and dragons. The appeal is going to have to come from the kids themselves, one would think.

Disclaimer: I'm speaking in generalizations and not trying to get into some PC flame war, so spare me any political nonsense. Yes, yours or my daughter might like video games. Your son might like princesses. That's not the point. But I'm not going to pretend that Comcast isn't tracking demographics and targeting certain groups; because they certainly are.
While I overall agree, a couple of things...

1) Regarding gender differences, I'm not quite sure it matters as much as to who plans the vacation (mom or dad) as it does who the child is (boy or girl). Mom isn't likely to plan a Disney princess vacation for the boys.

2) I think Universal is also targeting millennials, with franchisees both women and men enjoy, like Potter.

While I overall agree, a couple of things...

1) Regarding gender differences, I'm not quite sure it matters as much as to who plans the vacation (mom or dad) as it does who the child is (boy or girl). Mom isn't likely to plan a Disney princess vacation for the boys.

2) I think Universal is also targeting millennials, with franchisees both women and men enjoy, like Potter.

Good point on number 1. Although Disney has a decent amount of 'boy things' that any parent can justify going there. It's also been Disney's key focus at WDW (Tron, GotG, Star Wars, etc). So they may not do Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, but they certainly will Star Wars. So if a mom wants that picture in front of the castle to show all her Facebook friends, it's going to happen; even in a park like MK that isn't as appealing to boys.

2- I specifically left out Potter in my post because of that very reason. I agree; it's unisex. Video games, as much as there is a strong push for more girls to get into them, isn't. Neither are monsters. It's definitely a boy focused park, as most of UOR is. That's pretty impossible to argue otherwise.
And I think going "all in" on that is a wise idea because they simply cannot compete with Disney on the girl centric side.

What I am going to find interesting is the marketing and how they get those families of boys in the parks. It's also going to be very interesting what that does to the focus of WDW. Because make no mistake; with this new park they are no longer a "side trip" from Disney for a day or 2. They are moving into a destination all to themselves.

Good point on number 1. Although Disney has a decent amount of 'boy things' that any parent can justify going there. It's also been Disney's key focus at WDW (Tron, GotG, Star Wars, etc). So they may not do Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, but they certainly will Star Wars. So if a mom wants that picture in front of the castle to show all her Facebook friends, it's going to happen; even in a park that isn't as appealing to boys.

2- I specifically left out Potter in my post because of that very reason. I agree; it's unisex. Video games, as much as there is a strong push for more girls to get into them, isn't. Neither are monsters. It's definitely a boy focused park, as most of UOR is.
And I think going "all in" on that is a wise idea because they simply cannot compete with Disney on the girl centric side.

What I am going to find interesting is the marketing and how they get those families of boys in the parks. It's also going to be very interesting what that does to the focus of WDW. Because make no mistake; with this new park they are no longer a "side trip" from Disney for a day or 2. They are moving into a destination all to themselves.

I have to disagree with you here, but I'm not going to get into it.

To get back on a more friendly topic, how likely is it that the dueling coaster gets cut early in development? As much as I want it to be there, it would probably be the first thing to get cut if Universal went over-budget somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.