Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only place I see it is a Nintendo themed hotel. Added benefit plus obviously in theme.

You know, I'm kind of surprised that they never considered Nintendo for a part of Islands, given that SMW really took off in popularity around the time IOA was conceived.

You know, I'm kind of surprised that they never considered Nintendo for a part of Islands, given that SMW really took off in popularity around the time IOA was conceived.
In the mid-90s, video games weren’t the business they are now. The entire crash of the video game industry was still fresh in the minds of the entertainment industry. Never mind the reaction to the Mario Brothers movie from 1993.

Nintendo historically has been very, very protective. But times and leaders change and I think they where ready to take this step. Regarding the talent from Nintendo who are involved in this project they go fully in. Universal Creative also learned to work with ip holders that were very critical about the use of their ip so the stars aligned on this one.

Nintendo historically has been very, very protective. But times and leaders change and I think they where ready to take this step. Regarding the talent from Nintendo who are involved in this project they go fully in. Universal Creative also learned to work with ip holders that were very critical about the use of their ip so the stars aligned on this one.

The stars also aligned for it to take forever for us to actually get it. :/

This, the fact Universal has already greenlit 4 versions of this land and Mario Kart, I feel this has potential to be bigger than Potter. Trying to not set the bar that high for myself but idk, stars are indeed aligning here it feels.

This, the fact Universal has already greenlit 4 versions of this land and Mario Kart, I feel this has potential to be bigger than Potter. Trying to not set the bar that high for myself but idk, stars are indeed aligning here it feels.

Everything about SNW looks incredible. And I've never even been into Nintendo. So I can only imagine the excitement of someone who's into it.

Last edited:
Everything about SNW looks incredible. And I've never even been into Nintendo. So I can only imagine the excitement of someone who's into it.
I grew up playing it constantly and still play it to this day. I feel calling myself a super fan isn’t giving justice to true super fans but, Nintendo has a special place in my heart.

Let's be honest, if Nintendo Land was built during IOA's inception, it would have looked like Toon Lagoon

I've owned every console and handheld consoles from the original NES to the Switch. I'm primarily a Zelda and Mario fan and have played and completely nearly all of those games across all platforms. I'm incredibly excited for SNW.

Honestly that game was MINE growing up, so I’d be more than pleased with this. I really think Zelda should go here and not LC like everyone speculates. If they ever do LOTR (sorry), bring it to IOA. USF and IOA will need something big after EU opens

I still refuse to wrap my head around Lord of The Rings not being included in ANY form. That just seems like such a huge IP with its dedicated fan base. If it was because they couldn't secure right, then that's understandable. If it was money however, I would have thrown whatever amount they asked for. They'd make it back up and then some to officially have that added in their brand spankin' new park.

But yes, Zelda, if considered, needs its breathable room to be designed rightfully so.

I still refuse to wrap my head around Lord of The Rings not being included in ANY form. That just seems like such a huge IP with its dedicated fan base. If it was because they couldn't secure right, then that's understandable. If it was money however, I would have thrown whatever amount they asked for. They'd make it back up and then some to officially have that added in their brand spankin' new park.

But yes, Zelda, if considered, needs its breathable room to be designed rightfully so.
LOTR is a rights issue for sure I believe.

But ya, Zelda to me fits Epic Universes theme better than Islands, in my opinion. LOTR fits IOA better imo.

So just trying to get an actual set of opinions from anyone here who is willing to tell me:

Aside from the planned SNW addition to the parks, does anybody think it would be feasible and better to eventually expand that said 'land' Into other Nintendo IP's?
Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Metroid,etc.

Just wondering, if they added a few more dark rides, coasters, themes rides and aesthetic that were some of those games, would it cause for a huge increase in popularity for the park? Would it achieve success like Harry Potter being added did?

So just trying to get an actual set of opinions from anyone here who is willing to tell me:

Aside from the planned SNW addition to the parks, does anybody think it would be feasible and better to eventually expand that said 'land' Into other Nintendo IP's?

Just wondering, if they added a few more dark rides, coasters, themes rides and aesthetic that were some of those games, would it cause for a huge increase in popularity for the park? Would it achieve success like Harry Potter being added did?
Zelda and Pokemon would definitely bring people in. Kirby is recognizable but not as popular, whereas Metroid, though influential and popular, has never been a big seller. Animal Crossing maybe, but still unlikely. For these more niche Nintendo franchises, I'm sure their main value might be for special meet-n-greet events, ala the 80s and 90s nights at Disneyland.

I think we also have to consider that Mario is a robust franchise with a variety of locations that could be translated to rides. It's entirely possible that a significant part of the expansion space next to EU's SNW gets utilized for things at Luigi's Mansion, Wario, Galaxy, Odyssey, or other unexplored aspects of the Mario universe.

If it were up to me, I'd have Zelda take over some of the space between How to Train your Dragon and Fantastic Beasts. Utilize the land to its fullest to create an expansive and lush landscape reminiscent of Hyrule fields of yore. Add Luigi's Mansion to SNW and put Pokemon in USF, the park that ultimately would need it most.

A C/D ticket ride with Kirby would be cool. Kirby is as relevant (probably more) to kids now as Toon Lagoon. If they do a SNW expansion that's more Mushroom Kingdom then maybe we could see things like Luigi's Mansion, Kirby, Paper Mario, Smash Bros (which may be in the original plans??), Wario, Mario Party or even a ride based on the actual Super Mario Bros game. But I doubt we'll see Metroid. It's too distinct an art style and doesn't fit with the rest. And it's not popular enough by itself. There are talks of a new Metroid game though so maybe if it's popular? But still unlikely.

Not to get political over it, but after the disgusting tweets by JK, Eddie Redmayne speaking out against it, Ezra Millers issues, and Johnny Depp is always controversial, I think theres a very strong chance we don't even get another FB movies after this 3rd one. I think they're too far in to stop, but this franchise is dead. AND I WAS A FAN!!!!

Thrilled we're getting the Ministry here. Thankfully they didn't go the FB route, if they were ever going to. If people like me, were one of the very few who cared about these, doesn't care anymore, I cannot imagine theres like any excitement whatsoever here anymore. Kinda sad.

It's possible, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.