Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo will still be my primary reason, mostly because Donkey Kong won't be at USH.

that being said, Monsters was the most intriguing land other wise, mostly because the main attraction of Dragons being a show disappoints me quite a bit.

But if the land is cut, and it was always prophesized as the first to go if need be, I really struggle with finding a reason EU should exist. Nintendo could still fit in USF, MOM could still go there as well, and Dragons would make a good replacement for Lost Continent. (Yes I know the reason is to make more money, I was speaking more creatively)
I'm curious to see Nintendo, but UCM was still my reason to be excited for EU. Rowling's transphobic nonsense has killed most of my interest in her franchise, and I'm just not emotionally attached to the DreamWorks stuff. That really jist leaves UCM for me

Reactions: richjagr
My thought is that they need to build EU otherwise there won't be space to build a Monsters land at the scale it deserves. I have faith that Universal will follow through on Monster once they are financially stable. Almost every generation of UC has envisioned some kind of Monsters presence and I think that momentum will pull it through. Just not as fast as we hoped.

My thought is that they need to build EU otherwise there won't be space to build a Monsters land at the scale it deserves. I have faith that Universal will follow through on Monster once they are financially stable. Almost every generation of UC has envisioned some kind of Monsters presence and I think that momentum will pull it through. Just not as fast as we hoped.
I dunno. "Phase IIs" rarely if ever materialize when it comes to new theme parks. And when something takes that place it's more often than not a completely different concept than what was originally planned to occupy the space.

I really don’t think they’d cut or put off a whole land. Not sure why this conversation keeps circling back to that. As I’ve insinuated, it’s easy to cut some attractions here or there to save money—but for capacity you can’t go around axing huge sections of space.

And for what it’s worth, I think theyre really happy with the Monsters’ main ride concept, which should help keep that land alive through any changes.

I really don’t think they’d cut or put off a whole land. Not sure why this conversation keeps circling back to that. As I’ve insinuated, it’s easy to cut some attractions here or there to save money—but for capacity you can’t go around axing huge sections of space.

And for what it’s worth, I think theyre really happy with the Monsters’ main ride concept, which should help keep that land alive through any changes.

I mean I’m not surprised people are making leaps of logic to massive cuts or making assumptions on the worst.

The ghost of Beastly Kingdom looms large

It’s not that. We’ve been through a hell of a year and for many people they’d rather prepare for the worst in order not to have their heart broken. The problem is this isn’t a relationship, it’s a company who employs people. Image a group of people being pessimistic over rumors of McDonalds new menu items coming out.

HTTYD show was speculated for Beijing.

I think Toothless may be used in Beijing's promotional materials because he'll be in the nighttime fireworks show, just like he is in USF's Cinematic Celebration.

We've suggested that maybe the Chinese theater in the Hollywood section of Universal Beijing could house the HTTYD show, because it appears to be of similar shape and size inside... but there's no good evidence otherwise. Officially, I believe it's just a "multi-purpose" theater, and a lack of show announced recently in the attraction lineup may be evidence that they don't currently have any plans for a show in there. Between Waterworld, Sing, and the FX show, not sure they need another one at opening anyway.
Ah, good to know, I appreciate the clarification!! They do have their fair share of shows, assuming the brief shows outside of Hogwarts occur as well.

Also gotta think it’s far easier to cut a show from a land, rather than any nighttime shows they have planned for also. Im sure with the hub design that also gets high priority.

Hmm. So if they cut/delayed some attractions, I'd imagine DK, the Monsters show, and one of the FB rides (or the show) would be on the menu.

Hmm. So if they cut/delayed some attractions, I'd imagine DK, the Monsters show, and one of the FB rides (or the show) would be on the menu.
Not sure about DK, though I think shows are unfortunately much easier to cut due to labor costs. Perhaps an easier and less intrusive way to save on costs would be to cut hub restaurants or severely pair back their theming. So food courts and quick services stay, but full service restaurants are cut or lose their elaborate theming.

EDIT: I'd bet the hub coaster would be safe too. A mostly unthemed coaster, yes, but one that has a pretty neat layout and hook.

Hence delayed. DK isn't needed at opening, especially since there's already another family coaster in the park. It can come a few years down the line.
Again, that's never a guarantee. I don't see Nintendo signing off on that, especially when Universal has already put off their land in orlando by (at this point) 3-4 years at least.

I'm willing to bet nothing will be cut from Nintendo. Or Potter. They'll cut from the Universal owned parts of the park
You don't think the Rowling PR issue and/or the cool reception to the FB portion of the franchise might be a factor in what could get cut? Not trying to pick a fight, legit curious.

Reactions: Tristan
You don't think the Rowling PR issue and/or the cool reception to the FB portion of the franchise might be a factor in what could get cut? Not trying to pick a fight, legit curious.
No. Whether people like it or not, I don't see Rowling's bigoted views affecting the long term viability of Harry Potter. New kids every day read it and become fans, and the backlash is mostly relegated to Twitter that very few people actually use. Plus Universal parks in the US have their bread buttered by the revenue HP makes them. If anything they just won't talk about her during the press events and behind the scenes special they'll undoubtedly do for Peacock.

No. Whether people like it or not, I don't see Rowling's bigoted views affecting the long term viability of Harry Potter. New kids every day read it and become fans, and the backlash is mostly relegated to Twitter that very few people actually use. Plus Universal parks in the US have their bread buttered by the revenue HP makes them. If anything they just won't talk about her during the press events and behind the scenes special they'll undoubtedly do for Peacock.
And what about the reception of the FB franchise? Think they'll.jist pivot to the original?

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
And what about the reception of the FB franchise? Think they'll.jist pivot to the original?
I think the rumors were the land would kind of be half and half. A FB ride in the Paris Ministry, and a mode OG series ride in the British Ministry. I think that makes sense, and I doubt Uni even really wants to do any FB if it was up to them.

Before Covid happened what do you think the price tag was on this thing? Bejing has been reported to be like 4 billion so I could have seen this been a solid 6 billion or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.