Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it exactly. If I was a local, fine. But not when you're paying the kind of money to travel to Orlando for 2 weeks and doing a park almost every day.
Yes. The real world. The day that Universal says you don't need to wear masks in the parks, you'll be lucky to find 100 people in the park with masks on.

Reactions: ReelJustice
Haven't I read on here that Universal is already being lax on mask enforcement? I have trouble believing they'll be forcing them by the end of next summer, let alone 2+ years from now.

That's it exactly. If I was a local, fine. But not when you're paying the kind of money to travel to Orlando for 2 weeks and doing a park almost every day.

I like the avatar tweak!

Masks will still be a liability at the parks in 2021 even if most of America is vaccinated by the end of the year solely due to international distribution. After next year's flu season, I expect the parks to drop those requirements.

I hope people start wearing masks not just during flu season. I think of the times I am walking and someone sneezes in front of me where I can't avoid the cloud. At least twice I have been ill from that. I can deal with the masks, even if not required might be good for occasional use.

Yes. The real world. The day that Universal says you don't need to wear masks in the parks, you'll be lucky to find 100 people in the park with masks on.

We will have to wait and see on that, my hope is several thousand choose to wear them. If they lose the stigma they have pre-covid I don't think that would be a bad thing.

I like the avatar tweak!

I hope people start wearing masks not just during flu season. I think of the times I am walking and someone sneezes in front of me where I can't avoid the cloud. At least twice I have been ill from that. I can deal with the masks, even if not required might be good for occasional use.

We will have to wait and see on that, my hope is several thousand choose to wear them. If they lose the stigma they have pre-covid I don't think that would be a bad thing.

Which goes back to the question of if we actually learn anything from this. A culture that values mask wearing is key if we want to keep this from happening again in our lifetimes.

(I can dream, but I suspect our country is too selfish and ignorant.)

Which goes back to the question of if we actually learn anything from this. A culture that values mask wearing is key if we want to keep this from happening again in our lifetimes.

(I can dream, but I suspect our country is too selfish and ignorant.)

I think @JungleSkip mentioned it recently but if this normalises mask wearing when people are sick, it can only be a good thing.

As for how long masks are going to be here, I could easily see it being in the parks all next year. If the transmission rates drop to virtually zero, then I can see masks going. The ironic thing being that attendance could rapidly rise resulting in greater transmission.

I don’t imagine covid will be much of an issue to the park design here. Hopefully by the time it opens, it will be a distant memory.

Queue design for less cut backs and longer path for more social distancing.

Allowing ride vehicles to have plexiglass.

Basically what the parks are doing now.
Yeah..I assume they could just do what they did before and add those things in

I'm also assuming that inventions will be made in the next few years to better detect sickness

The virus equivalent of a metal detector is probably coming down the line someday

Yeah..I assume they could just do what they did before and add those things in

I'm also assuming that inventions will be made in the next few years to better detect sickness

The virus equivalent of a metal detector is probably coming down the line someday

I mean, they could but if you could design it so that it can be easily added or removed without adding screw holes, it would be a lot better.

Temperature checks are now being shown to be a poor way of detecting. You have rapid testing now but it only works if everybody does it plus, remember the uproar with facial recognition (LOL with all the face masks), imagine how bad people would react to handing over samples of your DNA.

Temperature checks are now being shown to be a poor way of detecting. You have rapid testing now but it only works if everybody does it plus, remember the uproar with facial recognition (LOL with all the face masks), imagine how bad people would react to handing over samples of your DNA.
Yep, they're useless...Doesn't mean they wont push to have something like that installed

Status
Not open for further replies.