Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 225 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, they're useless...Doesn't mean they wont push to have something like that installed

We haven’t seen a new theme park in Orlando since IOA opened in 99 and things have changed a lot since then with increased security and now medical testing.

A modern park should have a modern system for getting guests safely and efficiently through the gate.

UOR’s current system is pretty good but it was bolted on and creates bottle necks. Even if they get it perfect, who knows what issues will be facing the parks in the 30s, 40s and into the next century.

We haven’t seen a new theme park in Orlando since IOA opened in 99 and things have changed a lot since then with increased security and now medical testing.

A modern park should have a modern system for getting guests safely and efficiently through the gate.

UOR’s current system is pretty good but it was bolted on and creates bottle necks. Even if they get it perfect, who knows what issues will be facing the parks in the 30s, 40s and into the next century.
The metal detectors were added hastily and, by all accounts, have become much more efficient

I assume any necessary security/health adjustments would be added as needed be it Covid-20, Bubonic Plague, Swine Flu, Furry Convention, etc

I know people are going to say oh Universal wouldn't want to use anime....but based on the response to SNW I'm reading in Japanese forums and such...Japanese companies are going to be fighting to have Universal design attractions for their IPs. They already had some of that for Universal Cool.

If SNW goes to Kidzone, its going to have be replaced.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I know people are going to say oh Universal wouldn't want to use anime....but based on the response to SNW I'm reading in Japanese forums and such...Japanese companies are going to be fighting to have Universal design attractions for their IPs. They already had some of that for Universal Cool.

If SNW goes to Kidzone, its going to have be replaced.

I think it's only a matter of time before a western studio cracks a live-action anime adaptation. So far there's been a blinkered focus on darker, "serious" properties like Akira or Ghost in the Shell, but I think if they lean into the inherent camp and humor of a lot of anime properties, they'll end up with a global hit (Alita came close).

And when that happens, Universal will have another land.

I think it's only a matter of time before a western studio cracks a live-action anime adaptation. So far there's been a blinkered focus on darker, "serious" properties like Akira or Ghost in the Shell, but I think if they lean into the inherent camp and humor of a lot of anime properties, they'll end up with a global hit (Alita came close).

And when that happens, Universal will have another land.
Pokemon counts as anime right?

Related note, I did this escape room-esque experience, and I'd 100% pay out the nose to go to a full Alita park. I'm in the minority, though.
I really liked the movie, and it seems like its a new cult classic, but I'm struggling to determine how a ride or land would work. Maybe a restaurant, but the city explicitly doesn't seem like an appealing place to be in the film.

EDIT: Open to ideas though from someone with a more intimate knowledge of the film!

Maybe a restaurant, but the city explicitly doesn't seem like an appealing place to be in the film.

People were dying to go to the cantina on Mos Eisley Black Spire Oupost which is seedy; I think you could make Bar Kansas work.

Ride would have to be Motorball related I think, unless you wanted to do a walkthrough which would be kinda cool too.

A really valid contender for a Land idea in Epic Universe, especially if they need to replace one.
Zelda!!!! They could get a massive jump on being a unique park in the WHOLE WORLD to have a Zelda feature.
Imagine having a land that looks just like THIS;454c7465f3e5ae4c76ef77a7cb7ee13b.jpg

A dark ride (housed in Hyrule Castle and behind it) based on exploring Hyrule. "Forbidden Journey" meets 'Soarin'!, Smells of Hyrule and it's many locations, Gerudo Dessert, The Lost Woods, Death Mountain, Hyrule Field.
We all know how successful Breath of the Wild was visually with THAT version of Hyrule

A nice big market place with many shops, lots of Zelda merchandise. A Temple of Time replica with the Master Sword kids can line up to pull out, and when you do, the whole room lights up and music sounds for a whole experience.

A Lost Woods expansion area with a kids play area and a Deku Tree. (Could be the "Jurassic" area of EU).

And possibly a Zora River rapids ride, or water ride, that shows your Hylia Lake.

I mean, it could be amazing.
Also just asking, did my ideas peak anybody's interest? Just curious. ☺️

• Love
Reactions: Suchomimus
I think Beijing's early proposed SpongeBob land was around the size of Super Nintendo World? Not too big compared to other lands.

But since CBS took over the IP, I doubt they'd let Comcast have him now. At least we still have a SpongeBob StorePants I guess.

I think Beijing's early proposed SpongeBob land was around the size of Super Nintendo World? Not too big compared to other lands.

But since CBS took over the IP, I doubt they'd let Comcast have him now. At least we still have a SpongeBob StorePants I guess.
I feel like anyone will do anything if the price is right.

The question is if that price is worth it for Comcast. I think Spongebob would be an amazing replacement for KidZone if Nintendo at EU still moves forward. But, let's be honest, something like a combination of Trolls, SLoP, and others from Illumination/Dreamworks would work just as well and be way cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.