Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 418 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monsters, are we not still thinking that the ride is going to be -- basically -- Forbidden Journey without the projections?

So if there aren't projections, and there weren't any animatronics, I don't see how the ride would even work. The characters have to be represented somehow.

That implies (to me) a healthy cast of AAs and figures.

On Monsters, are we not still thinking that the ride is going to be -- basically -- Forbidden Journey without the projections?

So if there aren't projections, and there weren't any animatronics, I don't see how the ride would even work. The characters have to be represented somehow.

There's no way there aren't any projections. Probably not as much as Forbidden Journey though.

My understanding was that there still might be projections, just none of the parabolic screen sequences like the ones on forbidden journey.

My understanding was that there still might be projections, just none of the parabolic screen sequences like the ones on forbidden journey.
This. The absence of screen carousels does not mean we know for a fact there will not be screens.

It could be like Jurassic World Adventure rounded screen segments rather than domes that follow us, or even something new. We don’t know yet.

This. The absence of screen carousels does not mean we know for a fact there will not be screens.

It could be like Jurassic World Adventure rounded screen segments rather than domes that follow us, or even something new. We don’t know yet.
If the attraction has a similar screen/AA balance to JWA I think we’re in for a treat.

Reactions: Magic-Man
That's what I get for getting my hopes up again!
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SpyderDan
That's what I get for getting my hopes up again!
giphy.gif
Again, it could be 100% practical for all we know. I don’t think anyone knows yet! We’re just guessing.

Personally I’d love to see this as Universal’s version of the Haunted Mansion. Lots of opportunities for bigger show scenes than we see of FJ, more practical moments, but augmented by projections and special effects.

Personally I’d love to see this as Universal’s version of the Haunted Mansion. Lots of opportunities for bigger show scenes than we see of FJ, more practical moments, but augmented by projections and special effects.
I’m all for augmenting. Expand backgrounds, put things outside of windows, project magical/supernatural elements onto physical sets, stuff like that.

I just would prefer that Universal avoid scenes where the ride vehicle is plunked down in front simulated elements.

DK seems like an upgraded version of Hagrid’s with more detailed theming and effects. Plus a cool unique ride system that’s innovative. Which is insane to think about considering how good that attraction is.

A user from Famiboards.com (a Nintendo forum) named MondoMega datamined the official Super Nintendo World app today after Alicia posted the breakdown video. This is what they found.

• Donkey Kong: Mine-Cart Madness is the name of the coaster
  • Three minigames (Temple Team-Up, Monkey Mouth, Rambi's Congo Bongos
  • You collect bananas. There's rewards for all attractions including the coaster
  • Donkey Kong meet and greet
  • There's puzzle pieces and K.O.N.G. letters throughout the land
  • Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Rosalina are getting Powerup bands

A user from Famiboards.com (a Nintendo forum) named MondoMega datamined the official Super Nintendo World app today after Alicia posted the breakdown video. This is what they found.

• Donkey Kong: Mine-Cart Madness is the name of the coaster
  • Three minigames (Temple Team-Up, Monkey Mouth, Rambi's Congo Bongos
  • You collect bananas. There's rewards for all attractions including the coaster
  • Donkey Kong meet and greet
  • There's puzzle pieces and K.O.N.G. letters throughout the land
  • Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Rosalina are getting Powerup bands
Guess that confirms three interactive games, including one that’s a team up like I said. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.