Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 494 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Red Coconut Club still closed? They had that HHN overlay with the classic monsters but not sure if the regular club is still in business. If not they could use that space. Especially if all the classic monster stuff is still in there.

Is the Red Coconut Club still closed? They had that HHN overlay with the classic monsters but not sure if the regular club is still in business. If not they could use that space. Especially if all the classic monster stuff is still in there.
I believe it's open on Fridays and Saturdays. they did an overlay for Mardi Gras that ran through mid-April, so it appears it's still being used.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
It would be great if the Legacy Store found a permanent location somewhere inside USF. I understand why it's in CityWalk, but it feels like it needs to be in USF.
Put the Legacy Store in the Lucy/Kitty space and give that building a purpose again. Even better, combine it there with the prop shop and you’ve got thematic coherence AND one of the most interesting retail locations in Orlando.

I am fine with retiring the Legacy Store for a year and then bringing it back post EU opening.

Like the incoming preview center, I think the Legacy Store fits best on CityWalk since it has merchandise from retired attractions at both parks (though, admittedly, primarily Studios).

Unrelated, while I like the Epic Universe name, I think that given the long history of opening day woes/bad press for theme parks, they really set themselves up for the Epic Fail headline. It was my first thought upon hearing the announced name and has remained at the forefront of my mind every time it seems even closer to happening.

I am fine with retiring the Legacy Store for a year and then bringing it back post EU opening.

Like the incoming preview center, I think the Legacy Store fits best on CityWalk since it has merchandise from retired attractions at both parks (though, admittedly, primarily Studios).

Unrelated, while I like the Epic Universe name, I think that given the long history of opening day woes/bad press for theme parks, they really set themselves up for the Epic Fail headline. It was my first thought upon hearing the announced name and has remained at the forefront of my mind every time it seems even closer to happening.
Unless they pull a Volcano Bay, I doubt that will be the headline.

At the speed they are constructing I think they will have plenty of time to test, stress test, soft open, etc. and work out all the opening day problems long before the real opening day.

It has reopened. It hosts a pride night every Thursday this month in addition to being open on the weekends.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
It would be great if the Legacy Store found a permanent location somewhere inside USF. I understand why it's in CityWalk, but it feels like it needs to be in USF.
Eh, CityWalk is perfect. That way even if you're just there to meet up with friends, you're going to Red Coconut, If you're staying on property and doing a CityWalk night, or if you're just seeing a movie, it's there to be advertised to the widest possible audience.

We live in an online bubble and think everyone knows that a new park is coming. While a lot of people in Orlando know because of simply seeing the construction, I still come across some that have no idea every once in awhile and I know people especially who live in the Tampa and Miami areas who pay Orlando no attention. They had no idea a third park was coming until I told them recently.

CityWalk is perfect for this type of thing.

Eh, CityWalk is perfect. That way even if you're just there to meet up with friends, you're going to Red Coconut, If you're staying on property and doing a CityWalk night, or if you're just seeing a movie, it's there to be advertised to the widest possible audience.

We live in an online bubble and think everyone knows that a new park is coming. While a lot of people in Orlando know because of simply seeing the construction, I still come across some that have no idea every once in awhile and I know people especially who live in the Tampa and Miami areas who pay Orlando no attention. They had no idea a third park was coming until I told them recently.

I was referring to the Legacy Store being moved to USF, the EU preview center makes sense at CityWalk.

Yes. During the 10 vacation nights at WDW in April, and lots of conversations with other guests, very few knew Epic is being built.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I know people love the Spongebob store but it would be really cool to see the Legacy Store next to ET.
If I had to choose between SpongeBob or Legacy, I'd choose the former in a tenth of a heartbeat, especially since Film Vault already has a bunch of BTTF, ET, GB, & JAWS stuff anyway.

But again, the merchandise is not primarily what we're trying to preserve from the Legacy Store. It's the museum-esque elements.
Fair point, but there are plenty of other, significantly less profitable spaces for this stuff to go, whereas StorePants closing would be the death knell for SpongeBob at Universal.

Jumping back to thread topic rq, Epic Preview Center makes sense in CityWalk, and especially in the spot of the Legacy store considering that it gets decent foot traffic. It will be interesting to see how it looks when it opens, though I imagine it will be VERY different from the IOA Preview Center by its very design.

Reactions: MagdolHauntsMe
Status
Not open for further replies.