Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 502 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder would Universal ever use Garner Holt as a supplier for their animatronics ?

I know Disney usually uses them exclusively for their projects. Also you have Sally Dark Rides based in Jacksonville.

Then there is Creature Technology from Australia which also some advanced tech that Uni would be smart to utilize.
The AAs in Kong are Creature Tech. The I-Rex in JW The Ride might be as well?

Reactions: OrlLover
Wow, sorry to leave that bomb and duck out all day.

I don’t want to try to elaborate because I have nothing to elaborate on. I don’t know anything. But the rumor is, (and if true, this is a good thing,) that there’s a lot of ambitious animatronics for a couple of the rides, and they may take awhile to get installed. That’s all.

Honestly, great news. If true.

BUT, in reference to the conversation we were having, imagine testing the rides without all the effects or AAs for awhile. That’s all. Just like testing Cosmic Rewind without final sound, it’s not like they won’t be able to get useful testing without all the AAs ready yet. Stick some big cardboard cut outs in there. The point is they’ll be there for opening day. And we would’ve never known it was down to the wire if I hadn’t alluded to anything here.

No reason to start panicking.
Right they gotta make sure it doesn't kill you before they make sure it wows you.

Reactions: DodgsonHere
I have zero panic for Epic opening. Why? I try to avoid grand openings when I can. I'm a patient person. I'll wait a few months and avoid the hassles, long line waits, breakdowns, crowds....and show up when I can be leisurely comfortable and have FUN, without the negatives.
As long as it’s sorted by HHN in 2025,
I’m good

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
I have zero panic for Epic opening. Why? I try to avoid grand openings when I can. I'm a patient person. I'll wait a few months and avoid the hassles, long line waits, breakdowns, crowds....and show up when I can be leisurely comfortable and have FUN, without the negatives.

Will probably be the best week to ride Velocicoaster and visit WDW lol

I think January or February 2026 is my time to shine for Epic. Should be “cooler” than when it opens, hopefully little bit lighter crowds, and I don’t really want any holiday theming going on. I’m saving up for a potential 2 week vacation.

I still have to figure out how much I want to see of the park before I can get out there. We know so much about it already, but this may be the only brand new park I witness with fresh eyes.

I’m waiting for mostly financial and weather reasons, but I frankly want to hear what peoples tips and tricks are to some things. What rides to hit first, restaurants, drinks, shows, there are some things as a vacationer I like to be able to plan out. Giving it a good 6 months of operations to me feels good to go at that point.

I think January or February 2026 is my time to shine for Epic. Should be “cooler” than when it opens, hopefully little bit lighter crowds, and I don’t really want any holiday theming going on. I’m saving up for a potential 2 week vacation.
So long as I'm there opening day. Only one I missed was Magic Kingdom -- been to every other one (In the case of EPCOT I was actually inside before it opened to the public on Oct 1. Pays to have friends in high places)

So long as I'm there opening day. Only one I missed was Magic Kingdom -- been to every other one (In the case of EPCOT I was actually inside before it opened to the public on Oct 1. Pays to have friends in high places)
I'm a 2 months guy. I was at MK in Dec. 71 (2 months after it opened), Epcot in Dec. 82 (2 months after it opened, I hit MGM in it's opening month in May '82 (many tech problems and not much to do. I was Disney's California Adventure 3 months after it opened.

I'm a 2 months guy. I was at MK in Dec. 71 (2 months after it opened), Epcot in Dec. 82 (2 months after it opened, I hit MGM in it's opening month in May '82 (many tech problems and not much to do. I was Disney's California Adventure 3 months after it opened.
Yeah there are glitches. Universal's opening day was a legendary bad one. EPCOT on Oct 1 was also a mess (literally every attraction broke down within 2 hours and Disney had a whole table to issue refunds). Best opening was Animal Kingdom - we were let in at 6am for Tough to be a bug. It was dark going in and daylight when we came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.