Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 511 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize Scooby has appeal, that's why they have them in a variety of other parks. But that is also the rub, I want something unique for either Epic or wherever they start placing more IPs.

Kid: "Mom, let's go get pictures with Scooby Doo!"

Mom: "We have Scooby Doo at home"
1696988895087.jpeg
Already happened with Dreamworks

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I don't see either of the IPs you mentioned getting full-blown attractions, but it's worth noting that Scooby-Doo and the gang are some of the top-rated characters at both domestic Universal locations. There's a reason they literally pay to keep them around, even in only this small capacity. (They also both move merch even without dedicated attractions, which is a pretty staggering achievement unto itself.)
Scooby may not be in line for an attraction

But a haunted house……. ;)

I think the best thing about Epic is that 3/4's of the park is completely unique and original from anything else in the world. With the exception of Super Nintendo World and the one HTTYD stage show, everything else can be found no where else. Monsters Land, Potter Paris, HTTYD are exclusively Epic's. And that's exciting and a huge draw to Central Florida.

I think the best thing about Epic is that 3/4's of the park is completely unique and original from anything else in the world. With the exception of Super Nintendo World and the one HTTYD stage show, everything else can be found no where else. Monsters Land, Potter Paris, HTTYD are exclusively Epic's. And that's exciting and a huge draw to Central Florida.
Yes...and so unlike, for the better, than the new Disney and Universal China theme parks that are about 80% pure or slightly altered and renamed clones.

Warner licensed film rights only. Theme parks have to be negotiated with the LoTR owners. (Not sure who owns the film rights - it was Saul Zaentz company at the time)
In 2022 the Embracer Group bought the rights for LotR.
Source: Embracer Group enters into agreement to acquire IP rights to The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit literary works by J.R.R Tolkien - Embracer Group
The Embracer Group is know for owning and buying game studios. Their first Gollum game that released after the acquisition was a huge flop and a financial failure. The own all rights so also for theme parks and because they don't do very well financially I'm positive we'll see a theme park deal rather sooner than later. I'm sure they are weighing their options and I'm positive both Disney and Universal will try to obtain the ip.
Personally I think Universal would do a much better job as they respect the ip, something we have seen Disney fail at over and over again.

In 2022 the Embracer Group bought the rights for LotR.
Source: Embracer Group enters into agreement to acquire IP rights to The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit literary works by J.R.R Tolkien - Embracer Group
The Embracer Group is know for owning and buying game studios. Their first Gollum game that released after the acquisition was a huge flop and a financial failure. The own all rights so also for theme parks and because they don't do very well financially I'm positive we'll see a theme park deal rather sooner than later. I'm sure they are weighing their options and I'm positive both Disney and Universal will try to obtain the ip.
Personally I think Universal would do a much better job as they respect the ip, something we have seen Disney fail at over and over again.
Embracer Group is/was having problems keeping profitable, and there were layoffs and possible sales of internal assets last month (also floating the idea of selling off Gearbox). But I could see a bidding war for LOTR rights, that's a huge one.

If we had to go there, the really only unique and original thing about epic would be Dark Universal. I can't think of another land.area based off classic monsters and their lore. You can find parks either themed to dragons or dragon/viking themed rides and areas. Plenty of those attractions have been posted in this very thread when saying what we wish(ed) for. Lots of parks have parisian themed areas. I mean EPCOT is right down the road with their Paris section. The draw to the paks will be the IP's as they are stand out and without the IP's attached to the areas, their theming would not be anything unique or original.

I meant the whole land including rides, restaurants, and yes IP. And you can say EPCOT has a Paris but it doesn't have The Wizarding Worlds take on it. I don't care about Paris by itself but it is seeing it overlayed with Fantastic Beast references, the first physical representation of the Ministry of Magic, etc that has me excited.

It's hard to speak on celestial park being that we have only see one piece of art work for it to really be definitive of what it's concept is outside of thematic elements of space, which is a concept we have seen at parks. Right now, we just see gardens and water. Nothing is really new under the sun, it balls down to execution and uniqueness

It's hard to speak on celestial park being that we have only see one piece of art work for it to really be definitive of what it's concept is outside of thematic elements of space, which is a concept we have seen at parks. Right now, we just see gardens and water. Nothing is really new under the sun, it balls down to execution and uniqueness
You’ll be in for a very nice surprise then

The first insider I know that knew about the park layout, and that was even before Alicia had the info, was the very prominent Disney Insider, and sometimes Universal insider, Marni from the UK. He had seen the plans and told my close friend Mark @UK-Trigg what was in them. Marni's interpretation was basically that there were five sections (lands) of the park since, from what he had seen, the Hub had enough substance that it was as a land in itself. So that may really be the best way to look at Epic, as five separate sections, not four. Celestial Gardens is essentially as prominent as any of the four sections emanating from it. It has two major attractions, plus restaurants, fountains, perhaps a fountain show, and merch stores. And it's quite large.

The first insider I know that knew about the park layout, and that was even before Alicia had the info, was the very prominent Disney Insider, and sometimes Universal insider, Marni from the UK. He had seen the plans and told my close friend Mark @UK-Trigg what was in them. Marni's interpretation was basically that there were five sections (lands) of the park since, from what he had seen, the Hub had enough substance that it was as a land in itself. So that may really be the best way to look at Epic, as five separate sections, not four. Celestial Gardens is essentially as prominent as any of the four sections emanating from it. It has two major attractions, plus restaurants, fountains, perhaps a fountain show, and merch stores. And it's quite large.
Could have sworn Marni stopped by these forums a few times, but I couldn't @ him so I guess not. Based on his Magic posts, he seems done with the US parks.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Could have sworn Marni stopped by these forums a few times, but I couldn't @ him so I guess not. Based on his Magic posts, he seems done with the US parks.
Your memory is correct. Yes, for a period of time he popped in and posted on IU a few times. His Disney info has always been the best when he posted on Magic. He always had excellent & reliable sources. Mark @UK-Trigg knew him from the time Mark was a contributing writer for one of the UK theme park sites. On the Epic info, Mark had run into him when they were both visiting one of the UK parks and that's when Marni shared the Epic info with him.

I know we haven't seen any yet but I wonder if we are going to get any gargoyles on the top of Frankenstein Castle? That would complete the quadfecta.

Monsters-Gargoyles, Potter-Fantastic Beasts, HTTYD-Dragons, Nintendo-Pretty Much Every Mario Enemy.

I know we haven't seen any yet but I wonder if we are going to get any gargoyles on the top of Frankenstein Castle? That would complete the quadfecta.

Monsters-Gargoyles, Potter-Fantastic Beasts, HTTYD-Dragons, Nintendo-Pretty Much Every Mario Enemy.
The permit drawings seem to show what I believe to be gargoyles on the posts in the garden exterior queue for the main ride in Monsters!

I understand it's probably much too early to be sure, but what are the chances that The Invisible Man makes an appearance in the Dark Universe land? I relatively recently watched the first film to prep for the HHN32 house, and over the last two months he has jumped up into being almost my favorite of the UCM haha! He's definitely a lower tier member so lower priority, and a little harder to integrate than Dracula, Wolfman, or Creature, but man is he just plain fun to watch! It'd be a real shame to not include him in something around the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.