Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic Beasts and HTTYD allows Universal two experiences which they somewhat have exploited with Jurassic Park/World but really need to take advantage of if the goal is to remember emotion and fantastic memories. What generally is a popular experience for your children and even some adults? Petting zoos and they have rights for two things that are major things that can utilize that idea for amazing guest experiences.

Hopefully the time the park opens technology with evolve for highly durable AA that can withstand being petted and touched with AI embedded to respond to the guests. Imagine you are sitting and the baby dragon AAs respond to you sitting and come up to you wanting to interact with you. I'm talking full out interact with you so responds to your voice, your touch, your movements.

Isn't the type of thing that was rumoured for Galaxy's Edge? With the roaming droids? Would be a killer move from Universal to put similar tech into HTTYD

Still pretty unclear for entertainment. Rumors of a Super Smash Bros show being a part of Super Nintendo World. Theres a gigantic theatre thats either a part of Classic Monsters, or its its own separate concert venue. My money is on some sort of Beetlejuice show. The Broadway musical is relatively popular, Beetlejuice is pretty timeless, and they could get VERY creative with a very large space for this. I haven't seen it, but I know the theatre the Beetlejuice show is at in NYC is a large one that usually houses shows with large sets, so id expect the same for here.

I feel like some have speculated that the theater might not be set in stone, but was just used in the art to kind of show they could build a giant theater there if they wanted.

Fantastic Beasts and HTTYD allows Universal two experiences which they somewhat have exploited with Jurassic Park/World but really need to take advantage of if the goal is to remember emotion and fantastic memories. What generally is a popular experience for your children and even some adults? Petting zoos and they have rights for two things that are major things that can utilize that idea for amazing guest experiences.

Hopefully the time the park opens technology with evolve for highly durable AA that can withstand being petted and touched with AI embedded to respond to the guests. Imagine you are sitting and the baby dragon AAs respond to you sitting and come up to you wanting to interact with you. I'm talking full out interact with you so responds to your voice, your touch, your movements.

Alternatively, they could achieve basically the same effect much more easily and cheaply with puppets and puppeteers, like the baby Triceratops they have in Jurassic Park at IOA:

Still pretty unclear for entertainment. Rumors of a Super Smash Bros show being a part of Super Nintendo World. Theres a gigantic theatre thats either a part of Classic Monsters, or its its own separate concert venue. My money is on some sort of Beetlejuice show. The Broadway musical is relatively popular, Beetlejuice is pretty timeless, and they could get VERY creative with a very large space for this. I haven't seen it, but I know the theatre the Beetlejuice show is at in NYC is a large one that usually houses shows with large sets, so id expect the same for here.
The show won't have legs to be a headliner in 2023, and takes too many liberties with the source material to "really" click with Classic Monsters.

It's popular because it's recognizable and new, but if it's still open this time next year it will be a surprise.

The show won't have legs to be a headliner in 2023, and takes too many liberties with the source material to "really" click with Classic Monsters.

It's popular because it's recognizable and new, but if it's still open this time next year it will be a surprise.
Fair. I frequent broadway but haven’t seen it and don’t follow the grosses really. Sad to hear it’s now doing well

Fair. I frequent broadway but haven’t seen it and don’t follow the grosses really. Sad to hear it’s now doing well
It's doing fine (90% sales last week). But it bears all the marks of a fadish show that, because it doesn't have a performance/creative Tony to lean on (I think it only won a couple of production awards), it'll start petering out in about 6 months.

My wish list for How To Train Your Dragon world.
Walking trough a cave I enter New Berk. It the place closer to the hidden dragon world. Last time I saw it this place has seen some development and looks also a bit of old berk but now it's in a valley enclosed by mountains, trees and waterfalls. It's breathtaking.
latest

I love the architecture and how whimsical it all is like this shop where I bought my viking helmet.
HowtoTrainYourDragon2_Iuri_2.jpg

Or this windmill that sells waffles with hot cherry's and whip-cream.
nicolas-weis-mill-a.jpg

It's time to visit flight school. The whole village is into bringing new visitors closer to dragons and what better is there to fly on one?!
dragons_school_concept2.jpg

This building houses 2 entrances, one for elementary students and one for high-school students.
Kids visit this ride and because I'm a kid at hart I visit it too.
sk30-13.jpg

And it prepared me to go on this thing that looks like it is made from wood and ropes.
Attracties-op-duinrell-header.jpg

After a change of underwear I visited the restaurant or should I say the tavern. The meal is worthy for a viking and I'm ready to travel to the hidden world where the dragons live. Before I do that the waiter, a big bearded viking, tells me I should visit the museum ride.
I decide to do that first and I visit a little viking ship and get a tour trough the history of the 3 movies. I travel trough Berk and how they hated dragons, I see how it changes, I get between the fight between the dragon haters and the the village and how they ended up at New Berk.
41b5267437e9435f4ae504a3df0f7f07.png

It was a fun and detailed ride but now we need to see the hidden world.
This is a next level flying theater with screens almost all around me. As I fly on my own dragon with a big group of tourists after the character we love to see this stunning place.
1048780-sq2301s16pubf1942kfinalr-lr.jpg

Exiting the ride we get meet and greet with the cast and dragons we know and love.
como-treinar-o-seu-drag-o-2-filme-foto-stampa.jpg

I haven't started to mention everything there is to see and do in New Berk. But you need to find that out for yourself.

Since Rowling refuses to approve a Hogwarts castle hotel, I'd like to see an Ilvermorny hotel, possibly one with permanent-portkeyed extensions into Hogwarts.

"We didn't have enough dormitories and common rooms for all our Ilvermorny students and guests, so we created several permanent portkey entrances that connect Ilvermorny to the Hogwarts common rooms and dormitories, as well as the Great Hall." This would eliminate the need to represent the exterior of Hogwarts, hence bypassing Rowling's concerns about authenticity as well as the problem of having 2 separate Hogwarts locations.

This way, we can have our Hogwarts (Forbidden Journey) and our Hogwarts hotel. And of course, the Ilvermorny areas themselves could be quite compelling if the architecture is appropriately spoopy and there are plenty of interactive magic locations throughout. Plus butterbeer hour in the common rooms maybe? A girl can hope...

Since Rowling refuses to approve a Hogwarts castle hotel, I'd like to see an Ilvermorny hotel, possibly one with permanent-portkeyed extensions into Hogwarts.

"We didn't have enough dormitories and common rooms for all our Ilvermorny students and guests, so we created several permanent portkey entrances that connect Ilvermorny to the Hogwarts common rooms and dormitories, as well as the Great Hall." This would eliminate the need to represent the exterior of Hogwarts, hence bypassing Rowling's concerns about authenticity as well as the problem of having 2 separate Hogwarts locations.

This way, we can have our Hogwarts (Forbidden Journey) and our Hogwarts hotel. And of course, the Ilvermorny areas themselves could be quite compelling if the architecture is appropriately spoopy and there are plenty of interactive magic locations throughout. Plus butterbeer hour in the common rooms maybe? A girl can hope...

I believe I read somewhere that JK simply doesn't want a Potter themed hotel period, no matter how they try and theme it.

So however you try to dress it up, she has the final say and I don't think we'll ever see one. Probably would have happened by now if she would have allowed it.

I believe I read somewhere that JK simply doesn't want a Potter themed hotel period, no matter how they try and theme it.

So however you try to dress it up, she has the final say and I don't think we'll ever see one. Probably would have happened by now if she would have allowed it.
According to one of our key Insiders, Universal already has a blue sky concept drawn up for a boutique sized hotel. But for one reason or another (possibly Rowling's non approval), that not been advanced beyond that concept stage.

My wish list for Middle Earth.
Yes I know this isn't announced and there are a ton of reasons why this wouldn't happen. But this is my blue sky idea for Universal if it ever would happen.
We enter Middle Earth by going to a dirt wall with cobble stones on the side, you remember Gandalf ride trough it on his horse drawn cart. In front of me there is a condense version of hobbiton that presents itself has a valley with a big hill in front of me and smaller hills to the side with forests. The big hill houses a ride building but it's invisible.
Hobbiton-Movie-Set-2-600x691.jpg

The Green Dragon inn looks stunning and there is a lot to appreciate inside. The Hobbits eat 6 meals a day so there is a ton to choose from. I went for this little platter. Outside a market is going on and a party. Hobbits always have a reason to party.
60ebae56508e36151c39cc5e95e6fdaa.jpg

I visit Bilbo Baggins home and I got to meat him. He still isn't happy with all the visitors but I loves to tell the stories about his journey.
ordinary-bilbo-baggins-house-2-hobbiton-movie-set-tours-bilbo-for-bilbo-baggins-house-plans.jpg

It's time to move on and I walk trough a small forest where I find Orthanc tower of Isengard. The huge black tower is the ride building for a unique drop-tower attraction.
main-qimg-fbd2042ffa6dccd8819799f52082912e

We relive the fight between Gandalf and Saruman in this highly themed building. I have to stand up as if I'm on a lay down rollercoaster. The ride goes up and down but the vehicle with 6 people on 1 arm can make us face down and face up. It can also spin around. So one moment we are shot to the top, rotating on our backs, the other moment we are face down speeding to the ground. There is a whole story in the ride and 4 minutes later i'm ready to continue to Rivendell.
76c635dce071b1d50707c8241999c5d6.png

Rivendell is amazing. Hugged against the a ride building covered with rock work this little village has a ton to offer. Great Elven food, and an amazing dark-ride. This trackless ride takes us on a journey trough middle earth. Our fellowship is 6 people big. Gandalf tells us about a ring that needs to be retrieved. He notice there are 2 hobbits in our middle, it are 2 kids. I guess a camera scans our height and it's a fun little surprise. Then we enter the ride vehicle, our carriage gets in stunning scene's expanded by screens. During our journey we visit known locations with unexpected surprised and often we need to make a decision if we go left or right. Depending on the most choices we travel trough Khazad-dûm, the dwarven underworld or over the misty mountains. This ride has many outcomes and options so I need to do that more often to experience it all.
Again a small forest transports us to the next area but meanwhile we enjoy a meeting with the Ents
ec0b86f6aa342f628f8a38452fb68de8.jpg

Treebeard loves to tell stories and it's a fun AA show to stumble upon.
I also saw the stone trolls and when I got close I swear I could hear them speak.
Coming out of the forest I get to white city Minas Tirith. Sure it's in scale but forced perspective has helped the illusion to think it's huge.
latest

Also this city houses a huge dark-ride although 2 levels of the outer rings can be visited. They house a market, shops and restaurants and there is another big e-ticket dark ride. It's a story roller-coaster but this time we are indoors. What it's story is I won't tell you. You have to visit yourselves.
I met a ton of characters but my favorite was lady Galadriel, and what she showed me in the mirror I'm not going to tell.
7a43f8dd57f49edc27407ca93c93e129.jpg

Sure, this wasn't all there was to do. It's a world and a dense one for that matter, but that is for another visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.