Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 382 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The number one thing I take away from the concept art is just the insane level of detail they are going for. If that is the measuring stick for the rest of the land then it'll be amazing.

I have no doubt the theming will be amazing. It’s how good the attractions are that’s up in the air.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

Love the amount of research and thought put into these videos Alicia!

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed if this is the main attraction for Wizarding World in EU. Seems like it would be a decent ride Smuggler's caliber secondary ride, but the main E-ticket? They should've dusted those plans off after seeing how well-received RotR was. That concept with the courtroom breaking out would've easily given Rise a run for its money.

Actually, come to think of it, this sounds more like it would make for a better preshow element that would rival the transport preshow on Rise. If you got to experience this before going on the main ride that was trackless, this would've been incredible.

Last edited:

Love the amount of research and thought put into these videos Alicia!

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed if this is the main attraction for Wizarding World in EU. Seems like it would be a decent ride Smuggler's caliber secondary ride, but the main E-ticket? They should've dusted those plans off after seeing how well-received RotR was. That concept with the courtroom breaking out would've easily given Rise a run for its money.

Actually, come to think of it, this sounds more like it would make for a better preshow element that would rival the transport preshow on Rise. If you got to experience this before going on the main ride that was trackless, this would've been incredible.

I hate to say it, but it would be a disappointing opening lineup in general.

Last edited:
This will be better than Gringotts for sure, I think we’re underestimating this ride a bit.

Universal has never missed on Potter.

That being said, other than being inside the Atrium, this land is my least anticipated overall.

Hey y’all. Please don’t take me trying to explain rumors of how the ride system may have changed during development of a new ride that won’t open for years as the end all.

The full scope of this ride is unknown at this time. The final story of this ride is unknown at this time.

Some folks ready to throw the baby out with the bath water based on early rumors and ride system descriptions. That’s like saying Rise of the Resistance won’t be any better than Empire of the Penguin because they’re both trackless. There’s still a lot we don’t know.

I don't know if they really are sketches of a live show in the Monsters’ land, but it seems to me that we have a werewolf right in the center of the action...

Definitely the outline of a werewolf, but surely just a placeholder.

It looks very little like the Wolf Man's silhouette.

Gringotts is not a disappointment.

DsPj.gif

For the GP, it's certainly a hit. And it has a world-class queue.

Definitely the outline of a werewolf, but surely just a placeholder.

It looks very little like the Wolf Man's silhouette.

DsPj.gif

For the GP, it's certainly a hit. And it has a world-class queue.
The experience of Gringotts is what makes it worth it. My sister loved the ride, and we did single rider a lot, so I oddly and more used to the ride then the whole experience lol. It works for me, frankly. The first scene is my favorite tbh, which isn’t great for any ride, but the end makes it worth it. It’s fun if you’re riding with first timers as well once Voldemort appears.

I don’t see their new park having a sub par Potter attraction, I just don’t.

The experience of Gringotts is what makes it worth it. My sister loved the ride, and we did single rider a lot, so I oddly and more used to the ride then the whole experience lol. It works for me, frankly. The first scene is my favorite tbh, which isn’t great for any ride, but the end makes it worth it. It’s fun if you’re riding with first timers as well once Voldemort appears.

I don’t see their new park having a sub par Potter attraction, I just don’t.

A ride can be "fun," but in the case of Epic I think it's fair to expect a couple rides that reach a bit beyond that, to something truly great. MK for example is a decent, fun ride, and it serves a purpose that way. But most people likely won't mention it alongside the GOATs.

Last edited:
A ride can be "fun," but in the case of Epic I think it's fair to expect a couple rides that reach a bit beyond that, to something truly great. MK for example is a decent, fun ride, and it serves a purpose that way. But most people likely won't mention it alongside the GOATs.
I think we need to wait and see.

Fair. But at the same time, then, I think people should pipe down with the "EU is going to change the game in Orlando theme parks!" talk.
I disagree, Universal is significantly expanding their resort, that’s definitely a game changer, even if you’re a casual who’s just aware it’s happening without details.

Not even being a homer, I just don’t see reasons to doubt them as a whole right now and cast full on doubt on the park and it’s significance.

I disagree, Universal is significantly expanding their resort, that’s definitely a game changer, even if you’re a casual who’s just aware it’s happening without details.

Not even being a homer, I just don’t see reasons to doubt them as a whole right now and cast full on doubt on the park and it’s significance.

Could very well be. Both their stateside additions last year were stellar, along with the headlining ride in China. But I still think it's best to not count the chickens before they hatch here.

A new theme park in Orlando after about two decades inherently is going to “change the game “ . I don’t believe anyone saying that is or was saying that because they believe the park is going to have a RoTR , Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster in every land or anything . A new park opening , and several new rides and attractions opening all at once is just you know again , very exciting.

And has been said time and time again what this park is, is not just what it will be on opening day. And it’s certainly not what it seems to be just looking at blueprints and rumored plans 3 years out .

Status
Not open for further replies.