Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 234 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol please do though.(only if you want)

Like, several of ya'll are clearly artists/creative types and there haven't been enough fan mock-ups lately. I love looking at those. I don't even care if they end up 100% off base, they are fun!

Well, writing scripts for a project you want to write and direct sometimes can get to someone. ;)

That said, I do have an idea of doing one sooner than later, but it may not be based off of an already existing thing though..

:bolt:

I'm talented, but I am not THAT talented.

That said, to turn back a bit to the Blue Sky, one thing I hope, if they do Kung Fu Panda, is a form of dark ride that is a more advanced version of that Ninjago attraction.

I'm really surprised IB hasn't attempted to do a mockup for Universal South, it seems like something they should have made a while ago. But good luck on your project!

They would probably go that route for KFP, that's pretty much the best thing you can do for the IP. But I also wouldn't be surprised if KFP didn't get a ride all together, but just cloned the show from Hollywood instead.

Then allow me to file this out,

perhaps no one can get what they want all the time? Patience, is something that can be applied nicely, and that if that means Nintendo getting more time to be the best version, similar to how Hollywood is for Hogsmeade, then so be it.

I would rather want a land that can 100% work, than one dealing with a slew of technical issues. Osaka, will be a pure guinea pig, in every sense of the word, considering it'll be the first location out of the initial three, launching in a time of high tourist traffic, and sporting technology that will be cutting edge. I would honestly argue Orlando's UC division (and even Hollywood) is doing a good job to hold off opening theirs ASAP, so they can ensure that they don't have the technical hell that Osaka will be dealing with.
I’ve dealt with that stuff before with new rides in Orlando. Comes with the territory. Still don’t see it as being worth it in any way, shape, or form. I’m so jealous that Japan has a tight deadline rather than “eh, we’ll get to it when we get to it.”

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
They would probably go that route for KFP, that's pretty much the best thing you can do for the IP. But I also wouldn't be surprised if KFP didn't get a ride all together, but just cloned the show from Hollywood instead.

Nah. If DreamWorks theater happens in Orlando, it'll just be a Shrek replacement there as well.

I'd imagine if there's a KFP area in the new park it'll get whatever the ride Beijing is getting

I’ve dealt with that stuff before with new rides in Orlando. Comes with the territory. Still don’t see it as being worth it in any way, shape, or form. I’m so jealous that Japan has a tight deadline rather than “eh, we’ll get to it when we get to it.”

Here's the thing: Orlando does have a tight deadline, but we're unaware as to what that timeline is right now. It's probably 2023, but they're aiming to get it out sooner than that.

UNIVERSAL SOUTH BLUE-SKY: JUNE 18TH EDITION

Context: In order for my scenario to come to pass, the following items have to come true:

1. The Lord of the Rings deal either doesn't come to pass, or gets put on a delayed timeline (basically, it would open after the rest of the park did, possibly years down the line)
  1. Universal acquires the Fantastic Beasts and Pokémon license's, and decides to put them into the new park (AKA, Pokémon does not into KZ)
  1. KidZone is replaced with a mixture of Trolls, Splatoon, other lesser Nintendo IP's, Illumination, other possible IP's. Pokémon/SNW do not go here. Sanrio does not go here. You get the point.
  1. Universal decides to fast-track the water park, opening it along with the theme park, CitiWalk, and hotels.
Now, on with the blue-sky.

THEME PARK NAME: Universal's Fantastic Worlds (pretty obvious why I picked that name)

Lands:

1. Universal Mountain: This land acts as both the entrance and the main hub, and houses a 250-foot tall mountain at its base. The mountain houses two rides: A multi-drop tower which shows off the different characters of the park through show scenes, and a relaxing boat-ride through the mountain, showcasing beautiful scenery. A restaurant is located at the top of the mountain, accessed through a glass elevator. Various restaurants, theaters, and shops grace the ground-level. A clone of the WaterWorld show is also found here.
  2. Super Nintendo World: You get the drill by now. Mario Kart dark-ride, Yoshi dark-ride, Donkey Kong: Mining Mayhem roller coaster (thanks to @mitsuramos for the name), various play areas, and a Bowser Jr. mini-attraction. The only thing I would add to this would be a Luigi's Mansion shooting dark-ride, but you probably know that by now.

3. Sanrio: Home of Hello Kitty and other characters. Made to be a toddler-friendly area, none of the rides here would showcase any thrilling attributes. Instead, the rides will have a low height limit, if they have one at all. The rides located here would be a family-friendly boat ride (no height limit) and teacups (low height limit). Multiple play areas would be in this land as well, along with meet & greets, a restaurant, and a show stage

4. Pokémon: To the surprise of many, this would be the parks' crown jewel, and set the standard for interactive lands for years to come. In addition to the many play areas, there would be a stadium for live Pokémon battles (cinematic, not slow-paced), a Poke-Mart, multiple restaurants, a flat ride, and two dark rides: A flying simulator themed to Charizard, and an interactive ride themed to the fan-favorite Pokémon Snap. Pure gaming bliss.

5. Fantastic Beasts – Paris: By far the smallest land in the park, it only houses one ride: An indoor roller-coaster themed to the battles with Grindlewald. Also found here is a walkthrough attraction themed to Newt's Suitcase, Kowalski's Bakery, another restaurant, and a theater.

6. Transylvania: The thrill-seekers capital of the park, chockful of wonderful – and horrifying – experiences. Rides found here are as follows: A major B&M invert themed to Dracula, an extreme rapids water-ride based around the Creature from the Black Lagoon, and an indoor family-friendly thrill-ride based around Frankenstein. You can also dine in Dracula's Castle, explore the dungeons found around the area, or relax in the forest.

7. Dreamworks – Berk: Home of the How to Train Your Dragon franchise, this land houses two rides: An Intamin launch coaster themed to dragon-riding, and a water-ride themed to a Viking battle. Multiple dragon animatronics are spread around the land. Also found here is a Viking restaurant and a play area.

8. Dreamworks – Far Far Away: The biggest land in the Dreamworks spoke, this land also houses two rides: An indoor boat ride themed to Shrek's Swamp, and a Carousel. You can also explore the Castle and the Swamp, and an entrance to the Dreamworks Hotel is found here.
  9. Dreamworks – Ancient China: Based around the Kung Fu Panda franchise, this land only houses one ride: An interactive dark-ride themed to martial arts, using the tech currently found at Ninjago Legoland. Multiple Chinese restaurants are also found here.
  10. Dreamworks – Croods: The smallest land in the Dreamworks cluster, this land doesn't have any major rides. Instead, an interactive play area and a spinning flat are found here.
Other details: This park would (obviously) use a hub-spoke model. Expansion land would be found between Pokémon/Fantastic Beasts, inside SNW, Transylvania, and Dreamworks, and to the left of the main entrance. Probably should have put this before, but the lands listed go clockwise around the hub (Universal Mountain). There's no major transportation options in this park. Dreamworks Hotel would be the only hotel attached to the park.

WATER PARK NAME: Universal Paradise (name sucks, I know)

Background: Themed after Greek mythology, taking inspiration from Athens and Sparta. The backstory is that archeologists found the park while searching through the Mediterranean and decided to open it up to the public. Also shares similarities with Typhoon Lagoon. A small mountain-side is also used.

Rides:

1. Poseidon's Plunge: Set of four drop-slides, tangling through the ruins and mountain-side.

2. Tidal Twisters: Set of six body slides that go through the mountain-side

3. Cyclops Curl: Set of four water-coasters that go through the entrance of the park

4. Sea of Monsters: Set of four tube slides

5. Minotaur: A Mammoth water-coaster

6. Songs of the Sirens: Set of four family raft-rides, with varying thrill levels

7. Calypso's Chariot Race: Set of eight racing slides.

8. Hades: High-speed thrill slide that loops and twists around the mountain-side.
Other Details: This park would not use the Tapu-Tapu technology, as they would want to keep Volcano Bay as their flagship park. Sorry for the bad slide names, I'm in a rush to finish this list. And now I'm done :lol:

Reactions: E.Gadd
I would argue they could try for Late 2022, to go up against WDW as Epcot's 40th gets kicking to high gear (along with WDW's 50th still probably going strong), why not steal some thunder.
When you’re like me and couldn’t care less about what else this park will have based on discussions the variety you speak of, in my eyes, is just holding Nintendo hostage and making me wait longer.
2023 is the absolute latest that this project should open. How is that not tight?
Opening 4-5 years after the announcement is tight, like Star Wars and Nintendo Japan. This is putting it WAAAAAAAAAY off just because there’s nothing else huge for their new park.

When you’re like me and couldn’t care less about what else this park will have based on discussions the variety you speak of, in my eyes, is just holding Nintendo hostage and making me wait longer.

Then I am sorry, but that is incredibly short-sided, backwards thinking, that honestly I can't stand for.

Do we want Nintendo to be the best? Yes! But I don't go on and on and on in my excitement and hopes for it, only to be angered when it's being delayed so it can have a beneficial future on land that can be custom-made for it, instead of replacing an area that could be used for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.