Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 269 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly don't believe any Potter related IPs will be in the new park...its getting close to hitting peak saturation and anything more may actually turn people off. Its a lesson Disney had to learn once it realized they were relying too heavily on princesses which ostracized other demographics in which they lacked (Hints Marvel and Star Wars)
You do realize that three rides opened within the last 6 years at WDW are princess based, right (SDMT, LM and FEA)? The most popular Table Service meal opened recently is also based on a princess (BatB). They replaced a RIDE with a Princess Meet & Greet. Tokyo just recently announced that they're building a Tangled boat ride and Hong Kong, Paris and Tokyo are all building Frozen Ever After. Moana is getting a show in Hong Kong. They are not shying away from princesses at all.

They're using other properties because they've pretty much used the princesses for all they're worth in most cases. They've also under-utilized properties like Star Wars and Marvel, etc. All they are doing is trying to make full use of all of the IPs that they have.

I've read the Marvel contract a while ago, but don't remember anything precluding it in there, though I may be misremembering. I don't see why either company would mind. If they were in the same park? Sure. But they're both going to make merch and ticket money off the respective lands, so I dunno what the issue would be.
WWE supposedly didn't want to have their HOF/Restaurant in CityWalk because IMPACT! tapes in the Sound Stages like 3 days a year. And that's WWE.

Do you really think Marvel Comics, a subsidiary of Comcast's biggest competitor, wouldn't fight that from becoming reality?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan
Whatever the park ends up being. I really hope they stick with the Fantastic Worlds name. If they emphasize “world” in the marketing then they will not only sell the idea of the park as a collection of immersive lands but they will also cause images of their park to come to mind whenever anyone talks about Walt Disney World. I can almost imagine the ads now, as a couple of five year olds look towards the camera and say “You got one world, we got five” as they put on sunglasses and the CSI Miami music plays in the background...

On a seperate note, I wonder how they’ll approach the marketing of Nintendo World, seeing as that will likely be the main draw of the new park. Given Nintendo’s history with Youtube, it doesn’t seem like they would want Let’s Players or even Nintendo fan sites to cover the park’s opening but that’s a potential audience of millions of kids they could be losing out on.

To clear up the WB thing. I do not believe that any WB other than possibly Potter will be showing up. There were very serious negotiations for LotR but, from what was told to me, with 2 of WB's largest franchises in the park WB wanted more than just money. They wanted "Branding". So lots of options were discussed including a dedicated WB gate. I believe the negotiations fizzled out with Uni walking for several reasons.

But, "Fantastic Worlds" did cause a raised eyebrow because "Warner Bros. World" was the gate name mentioned.

Last edited:
I'm really getting a bad feeling about this "Worlds" thing. Would Uni be dumb enough to try a redefine "gates" as "Worlds"?
The current resort could be 4 "world's"

Wizarding World of JK Rowling
World of Movies
World of Adventure
World of Water: Volcano Bay

New resort could be

World of DreamWorks
Super Nintendo World
World of Monsters

There, 7 "gates"! Way more than DizzyWhirl! We WIN!

Reactions: SeventyOne
Heh naw I think it really is just vibing on Super Nintendo World and Wizarding World. Dreamworks World and [REDACTED] World, along with uh... some sort of futuristic portal thing or whatever Universal decides to code their "main street".

Heh naw I think it really is just vibing on Super Nintendo World and Wizarding World. Dreamworks World and [REDACTED] World, along with uh... some sort of futuristic portal thing or whatever Universal decides to code their "main street".
Probably, but after reading Uni's plan with how they want to use facial recognition tech. It makes me think they want to get rid of "gates". Then this "World" thing pops up. Here is a link to what I'm referring too.

Universal Orlando's Secret Face Recognition Program Revealed - Theme Park University

Reactions: SeventyOne
To clear up the WB thing. I do not believe that any WB other than possibly Potter will be showing up. There were very serious negotiations for LotR but, from what was told to me, with 2 of WB's largest franchises in the park WB wanted more than just money. They wanted "Branding". So lots of options were discussed including a dedicated WB gate. I believe the negotiations fizzled out with Uni walking for several reasons.

But, "Fantastic Worlds" did cause a raised eyebrow because "Warner Bros. World" was the gate name mentioned.

But wouldn't they have to work out a new deal for Potter anyway which may lead them to not use Potter....especially since WB seems to want branding and not just money.

Reactions: Disneyhead
You do realize that three rides opened within the last 6 years at WDW are princess based, right (SDMT, LM and FEA)? The most popular Table Service meal opened recently is also based on a princess (BatB). They replaced a RIDE with a Princess Meet & Greet. Tokyo just recently announced that they're building a Tangled boat ride and Hong Kong, Paris and Tokyo are all building Frozen Ever After. Moana is getting a show in Hong Kong. They are not shying away from princesses at all.

They're using other properties because they've pretty much used the princesses for all they're worth in most cases. They've also under-utilized properties like Star Wars and Marvel, etc. All they are doing is trying to make full use of all of the IPs that they have.
The Frozen rides will not be exact clones of what’s in Epcot. I’ve asked this before on the other site that nails Disney info.

Reactions: Magic-Man
On a seperate note, I wonder how they’ll approach the marketing of Nintendo World, seeing as that will likely be the main draw of the new park. Given Nintendo’s history with Youtube, it doesn’t seem like they would want Let’s Players or even Nintendo fan sites to cover the park’s opening but that’s a potential audience of millions of kids they could be losing out on.
That has more to do with gameplay. I think in this situation they would know to let people film, especially with how Universal already knows what good marketing it is.

Theory: What if Universal does build a City-type area, but it’s not a Sci-Fi City? They could just build a regular downtown area, with a mix of IP’s such as SLoP, Metroid, TMNT, Pacific Rim, and possibly BTTF, Fast and Furious, Men in Black, and Transformers? It’d work out pretty well.

Interesting bit of info, this starts to explain why they were stuffing Nintendo and some other things into the existing parks until very recently.

I'm really getting a bad feeling about this "Worlds" thing. Would Uni be dumb enough to try a redefine "gates" as "Worlds"?
The current resort could be 4 "world's"

Wizarding World of JK Rowling
World of Movies
World of Adventure
World of Water: Volcano Bay

New resort could be

World of DreamWorks
Super Nintendo World
World of Monsters

There, 7 "gates"! Way more than DizzyWhirl! We WIN!

I think you're over thinking things. For what it is the Disneyland model of park is deeply engraved in culture so breaking out of it in such a way seems deeply ill advised and a Universal Escape sized blunder.

Something I'm just tossing in out of left field but what about a more video game based world? A great fit would be something like Overwatch. They not only have an entire map themed around a theme park already that could work, but they have a ton of highly recognizable characters to do things like meet and greets and for merch. The Overwatch League finals just happened this weekend and they aired on ESPN and were viewed by millions of people worldwide. It easily covers the young adult demographic along with the adult. Could make a ride like MIB easily out of the franchise and I'm sure Blizzard would jump at the chance if approached about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.