Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the thing about an attraction that long:

Parks don’t want you in them.

The longer you’re in a ride, the less time you’re on the street spending money

And yet, paradoxically, some (Disney) parks are perfectly content to build low capacity attractions and slap FastPass on them, resulting in multi-hour waits.

I'm not spending money if I'm struck in queues all day long, either.

Sad but true.

I’d love to see a new 10-15 minute ride built where you can just take it all in.

I mean, a walkthrough attraction like Swiss Family Robinson (but maybe built so you're not forced in a single file line the whole time) would work well too - explore at your own pace, all that good stuff. That would probably require a lot more AAs or other effects beyond screens to fill out the attraction, though. Otherwise it turns into the Tarzan Experience™ at Disneyland, which is pretty dry.

Edit: corrected to Swiss Family Robinson. The movie's 35 years older than me, cut me some slack. :lmao:

I know this being 4th park Blue Sky, I would like since people brought up the walk-thru attraction and I always thought it would be fun to do a GOONIES attraction, full with Sloth saying "Baby Baby Ruth" & Chunk doing the "Truffle Shuffle" I would even make it a dark water coaster attraction if possible. I know won't happen, but for an IP like GOONIES, it's awesome and still an awesome adventure. But I could see why never happen I am sure the Pixie Dust people the whole Pirate ship and One Eye Willy, would be a big stank eye towards Uni, saying they trying to do PotC. But there we go, let Uni do the Goonies and use the PotC Shanghai tech but more improved(which is an awesome ride I think) Just my Blue Sky. My hubby says he wish they do Universal Classic Monsters ride but as Van Helsing so you can explore all of the places, especially Dracula. Sorry for the ramble, been lurking but back and I like to read thru all I missed and most stuff I wanna post others do, So glad I found a forum where people relate.

I thought you couldn't theme a wing-coaster until I saw this coaster being built in China. Yep, I'd be fine with this. Just imagine if we had a launched flying-coaster and a B&M wing coaster in the same park.

7rgzyb2cp7121.jpg

I thought you couldn't theme a wing-coaster until I saw this coaster being built in China. Yep, I'd be fine with this. Just imagine if we had a launched flying-coaster and a B&M wing coaster in the same park.

7rgzyb2cp7121.jpg
Omg, thanks for that, now that is amazing. Would be awesome especially the rock work. Could be awesome for LOTR, or I can't think, but this would be amazing especially on a winged coaster, the close calls. Uni can we have this please. Thanks for these pics, now is this from like maybe a real park, or NLimits, coasterplanet? Also love the Alpengeist was one of my favorite rides when I went and worked at BGW.

Please no.
If they want to compete with Star Wars, they will need something big like Wizard of Oz, that has a big cultural impact. If the new park is Dreamworks, Fantastic Beasts, Nintendo they need something for older generations that are still enjoyed by kids and it still relevant through Wicked and other things. And whether you like the film or not the land would be beautiful.

If they want to compete with Star Wars, they will need something big like Wizard of Oz, that has a big cultural impact. If the new park is Dreamworks, Fantastic Beasts, Nintendo they need something for older generations that are still enjoyed by kids and it still relevant through Wicked and other things. And whether you like the film or not the land would be beautiful.
Whoa whoa whoa. I think comparing Star Wars to Wizard of Oz is a huuuuuuggggeee reach. Nintendo is the generational link and far more comparable to Star Wars.

The World of Magic. FB and Oz with a Wicked theater show, a flying monkeys B&M flyer and The Ozdust Ballroom table service.
THAT’S how you differentiate Beasts from Monsters. Thank you.

World of Dream(Works, Dolittle)
World of Play/Fun/Games (Nintendo, RPO, Hello Kitty)
World of Magic (Fantastic Beasts, Oz)
World of Monsters (Classic Monsters, Godzilla, Jurassic World)

EDIT- This incorporates all the IPs to each “world” in a logical way, can accommodate future IPs without breaking the structure, and allow original stuff.

EDIT 2 - It also gives each world its own CASTLE!

Dreams - Far Far Away
Play - Peach’s Castle
Magic - Emerald City
Monsters - Dracula’s

Last edited:

EDIT- This incorporates all the IPs to each “world” in a logical way, can accommodate future IPs without breaking the structure, and allow original stuff.

Dreams - Far Far Away
Play - Peach’s Castle
Magic - Emerald City
Monsters - Dracula’s
I really like this idea

Dreams - Far Far Away
Play - Peach’s Castle
Magic - Emerald City
Monsters - Dracula’s
A castle in each land would be a hilarious one-up to Magic Kingdom

Also, we've been discussing Oz for a long time...It seems to come up every so often when we have a mysterious project we don't know about

I'd like to see it happen

Status
Not open for further replies.