Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 305 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The park is rumored to open in 2022, right? So, work should on KZ and LC should start late next year (if everything does open at the same time).

Honestly, they wouldn't be dumb to open it all a couple of years before the new park.

Say new park is 2023 and these opened in 2021.
One could argue that everyone would simply wait until 2023 to visit. But I think that for 2021/2022, anyone who is popping over from Disney would ensure they visit and attendance would be more crushing than it is already.

Then come round 2023, you get another complete wave with more people intent on staying longer (4-5 day long trips vs 1-3).

Or, let's say they open them in 2025- 2 years after the new park to get the wave to come then instead.

I think they all are so powerful that they could really do anything and you could argue it is a good idea.

FWIW saw Universal filed plans to "widen" Sand Lake Road just above the expansion land. Looks to be right where they had those plans for office buildings (maybe BOH operations). Nevertheless, Sand Lake Road is going to be one of the primary entrance ways, so they are getting that going.

No surprise as it involved Florida Dept of Transportation input and that can take longer to get approvals and OKs than whatever they plan on their land.

Not sure there's much more, but its something. :) Now back to HHN stuff, amirite?

Was about to post this in he UOR Expansion thread (I know, is confusing that we have two threads). This is primarily the thread for blue sky wishing

Reactions: JoeCamel
I just missed the height of the Pokémon craze by a couple years growing up (I’m 35). So knew nothing about it outside of Pikachu (didn’t even know there were pokeballs). So Pokemon go also had to interest to me, but I recognize it’s insane popularity.

Well, my oldest is now totally Pokemon obsessed, so through osmosis, I know all about it now and am aware of what Pokemon go looks like on a phone. I was shocked with how many people (adults) were playing Pokemon during my 2 weeks at disney and Universal. There wasn’t a single bus ride, boat ride or monorail ride that I didn’t see someone playing. And many lines had people catching or spinning pokestops in them.

This thing has been around and incredibly popular over 20 years. It’s going to print money and be incredibly successful. The second they decided they weren’t doing Mushroom in KZ, they should have rushed to fit Pokemon in there. Even if it comes out before SNW- it should happen ASAP. Of course, there’s no rush as the IP isn’t going anywhere- but I’d figure they’d want to make money selling merch instead of having curious George, feifel and Barney sit there selling absolutely nothing and eating minimal crowds.

Yes, yes and yes! I grew up right in the middle of Pokemon fever and even though I'm technically an adult now, I still play both the new and old games pretty religiously. There's a pretty healthy e-sports community forming around the competitive side of the game and I've been shocked by how many of my friends admit to still playing even though we're all in our mid-20s. If/hopefully when a Pokemon area opens up, I will absolutely be there day 1, I'll feel the same way about it as I assume a lot of people felt about HP. Make it happen Universal!

With UOR already going into money saving mode, I would rather use less big IPs with fantastic attractions than big IPs with mediocre attractions that get things cut after budgets get sliced bec
I mean regardless if it’s original attraction or not it’s still going to cost of good amount of money to properly execute it. I would love for Uni Creative to go wild with a bunch a cool ideas but i know they have a budget. At the end of the day some IPs are proven merch sellers so that is considered a success for Comcast/NBC.

If you was a company would you rather have a proven concept or take a chance with something that is not a guaranteed money maker ?

I mean regardless if it’s original attraction or not it’s still going to cost of good amount of money to properly execute it. I would love for Uni Creative to go wild with a bunch a cool ideas but i know they have a budget. At the end of the day some IPs are proven merch sellers so that is considered a success for Comcast/NBC.

If you was a company would you rather have a proven concept or take a chance with something that is not a guaranteed money maker ?

Fast And Furious has turned out to be a money loser so I don't think a proven IP means anything in regards to success.

Fast And Furious has turned out to be a money loser so I don't think a proven IP means anything in regards to success.
True, but I was saying more in terms of execution. Just because that ride was a failure doesn’t mean that an original is automatically successful. Look I agree with a lot of your points however I’m trying to think from the company perspective based on where trends are going.

I would love a horror land snd sci-fi AREA to be added to a 4th gate. We really dont know how many worlds or lands their will be at the new park. 4 worlds if called fantastic worlds could only just be the beginning. Look how much land Comcast acquired for the possible 3rd/4 park. It has potential to be UO's biggest park size wise over USF and IOA.

Reactions: OrlLover
I would love a horror land snd sci-fi AREA to be added to a 4th gate. We really dont know how many worlds or lands their will be at the new park. 4 worlds if called fantastic worlds could only just be the beginning. Look how much land Comcast acquired for the possible 3rd/4 park. It has potential to be UO's biggest park size wise over USF and IOA.
I absolutely agree with you. There is enough land for two dry parks and a water park with resorts to boot.

Do you think 30-40 opening day attactions/rides is overly ambitious ?

Reactions: ThrillRideLover3214
Not at all......i would love to see jawd and bttf revived in A while new way but unlikely like a lot of the members in this forum don't wanr it to happen. I just thought the success of the meg at the Box office even though its by Warner bros could make shark films relevant again. Strange but true. Theirs a scene spielberg said he wanted to be added to jaws but didn't think it would be good for just one movie.

I don't see the Invisible Man...
Screenshot_116.png

I always try and tell folks HHN has a Cllaude Rains area every year, but, I do not think anyone ever gets where I am coming from.

Reactions: MrBlonde
I don’t get why everyone says this has to go over guest pathways? They could easily put it outside the main area/courtyard.

Also, we aren’t getting a Sci-Fi area. There’s no valuable/relevant (lookin at you, BSG) IP’s to put there without Star Trek, Godzilla, or any properties owned by outside companies.

Maybe it is just that I like sci-fi, but I think it is a stage that works well for a theme park...I guess the question becomes if it still works as a franchise vehicle...are the parks only for a media companies proven successes? Can theme parks be used as testing grounds for franchise concepts?

Would someone like Spielberg have ideas or maybe use something like Close Encounters as one attraction....I do not think gremlins are aliens....I think I am the only one in the world that enjoyed cowboys verses aliens.

Anyhow, I think ideas like sci-fi, dinosaurs, wizards/magic are just themes that will appeal to families.

Maybe it is just that I like sci-fi, but I think it is a stage that works well for a theme park...I guess the question becomes if it still works as a franchise vehicle...are the parks only for a media companies proven successes? Can theme parks be used as testing grounds for franchise concepts?

Would someone like Spielberg have ideas or maybe use something like Close Encounters as one attraction....I do not think gremlins are aliens....I think I am the only one in the world that enjoyed cowboys verses aliens.

Anyhow, I think ideas like sci-fi, dinosaurs, wizards/magic are just themes that will appeal to families.
:agree:

Not at all......i would love to see jawd and bttf revived in A while new way but unlikely like a lot of the members in this forum don't wanr it to happen. I just thought the success of the meg at the Box office even though its by Warner bros could make shark films relevant again. Strange but true. Theirs a scene spielberg said he wanted to be added to jaws but didn't think it would be good for just one movie.

It's not that I don't want it to happen, as I think the IP lends itself to quite a few ideas.

That said, the time of relevancy has, IMO, passed. All of the BTTF attractions are now gone; and that I'd think that it would probably not be as big now as opposed to something else.

This is an odd suggestion, but what if we got an Aqua-Trax or water-coaster? Universal hasn’t tried their hand on either of them yet. Kinda surprising, if you ask me.

The concern with a Water Coaster/Aqua-Trax, oddly..is proximity; considering how close UOSouth is to SeaWorld Orlando's Mack implementation of the Water Coaster technology.

Not saying it can't happen, but it'd have to change up from what is seen in SWO; and I don't think that'd be a good idea honestly.

....I think I am the only one in the world that enjoyed cowboys verses aliens.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.