Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 382 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think the Jason Bourne show will be announced like next month or in December for USF if it is even replacing T2:3D unless it could be a James Bond attraction. I just think with a new JP coaster coming to IOA I just think the transformation to Jurassic World is more likely at IOA I could be wrong. About the third gate announcement I would just think their should be some more name possibilities next year if not something official.

You would think the Jason Bourne show will be announced like next month or in December for USF if it is even replacing T2:3D unless it could be a James Bond attraction. I just think with a new JP coaster coming to IOA I just think the transformation to Jurassic World is more likely at IOA I could be wrong. About the third gate announcement I would just think their should be some more name possibilities next year if not something official.
I imagine January/February

Reactions: DisneyDoof
How to Train Your Dragon coming to a theme park confirmed by Chris DeFaria (President Dreamworks Animation) in a speech in China...which theme park wasn't confirmed though.

If they could create something equivalent to Flight of Passage, that would be amazing!

Edit to add: Or, a flying roller coaster. Canada's Wonderland has one (old Tomb Raider ride) and it was pretty fun.

If they could create something equivalent to Flight of Passage, that would be amazing!

Edit to add: Or, a flying roller coaster. Canada's Wonderland has one (old Tomb Raider ride) and it was pretty fun.

The old Tomb Raider coaster (now called "Time Warp" since Paramount sold the park to Cedar Fair) at Wonderland hasn't aged well. While cool when it came out, riding it now is a pretty lacking experience....

If it were up to me, this is how I would break it down

Luxury:
Artainment-Hotel essentially is an art gallery with visual elements and designed by the best artists in the world. Special feature: Spa Resort and holds a night club (I.e Paradise City resort) $300+a night

East Asian- Elements of China, Japan, Korea throughout the resort. Special feature: Japanese Garden and tea ceremony daily, Kpop alley, Red lantern Parade daily. $230+ A night

Egyptian/African Kingdoms- based off Universal original planned Nile Egyptian resort and legends of African kingdoms. Special feature: African dance ceremony, mini indoor waterpark (available to Universal hotel guests only) Tomb Maze. $259+ a night

Moderate:
Animation- hotel where everything from the walls to the floor is animated with life and characters through projection mapping and other effects. 175+ a night

Silver Screen: Old Universal plans for classic Hollywood Resort. $145+ a night

Library: walk into the worlds of books with a huge library within the hotel. Halls and room design are based off famous novels. Very Eurocentric almost fairy tale/Victorian. $155+ a night

Nintendo: A gamers paradise with floors and rooms inspired by different Nintendo games. Enjoy the speciality Kyoto Lounge where adults and drink and play Nintendo game while kids can enjoy an immersive Nintendo playarea. $189 a night

Value: $69 to $125 + a night
DreamWorks
Greece
Jurassic World
Holidays

If it were up to me, this is how I would break it down

Luxury:
Artainment-Hotel essentially is an art gallery with visual elements and designed by the best artists in the world. Special feature: Spa Resort and holds a night club (I.e Paradise City resort) $300+a night

East Asian- Elements of China, Japan, Korea throughout the resort. Special feature: Japanese Garden and tea ceremony daily, Kpop alley, Red lantern Parade daily. $230+ A night

Egyptian/African Kingdoms- based off Universal original planned Nile Egyptian resort and legends of African kingdoms. Special feature: African dance ceremony, mini indoor waterpark (available to Universal hotel guests only) Tomb Maze. $259+ a night

Moderate:
Animation- hotel where everything from the walls to the floor is animated with life and characters through projection mapping and other effects. 175+ a night

Silver Screen: Old Universal plans for classic Hollywood Resort. $145+ a night

Library: walk into the worlds of books with a huge library within the hotel. Halls and room design are based off famous novels. Very Eurocentric almost fairy tale/Victorian. $155+ a night

Nintendo: A gamers paradise with floors and rooms inspired by different Nintendo games. Enjoy the speciality Kyoto Lounge where adults and drink and play Nintendo game while kids can enjoy an immersive Nintendo playarea. $189 a night

Value: $69 to $125 + a night
DreamWorks
Greece
Jurassic World
Holidays

Trademarks exist for a Nintendo and Dreamworks hotel. The dreamworks hotel is also a developed concept already.

I’d put them as a near lock for a value or moderate depending on how you view the hotel ratings at Universal vs Disney.

For a premium hotel, I hope they go down the highly themes route and avoid a rehash of an ultra modern hotel like Aventura or a Vegas feel resort.

Edit: To throw something out there, if Universal decide to go down the Vegas route and build a hotel like The Cosmopolitan (By far my favourite Vegas resort) what about making it adult only?

Last edited:
I would love to see a classic Florida resort.

breakerstoday.jpg

20120102-ss-hotel-lobbies-breakers-palm-beach.jpg

tzoo.hd.12076.1029.194156.BreakersPalmBeach.jpg

Trademarks exist for a Nintendo and Dreamworks hotel. The dreamworks hotel is also a developed concept already.

I’d put them as a near lock for a value or moderate depending on how you view the hotel ratings at Universal vs Disney.

For a premium hotel, I hope they go down the highly themes route and avoid a rehash of an ultra modern hotel like Aventura or a Vegas feel resort.

Edit: To throw something out there, if Universal decide to go down the Vegas route and build a hotel like The Cosmopolitan (By far my favourite Vegas resort) what about making it adult only?

Also mentioning, I remember we talked a bit of the thought of Universal collabing with Cirque on a Resort-complex of some kind.

For a Value hotel, DWA works perfectly. And to be honest, have it act similar to that new Hotel being built at TDS, have it inter-connected while also having an identity that works for DreamWorks on a generic basis.

The Rosen is right there though, and I’d consider that a pretty traditional resort style.
The Rosen Shingle Creek is an embarrassingly cheap knock off of something like The Breakers or The Don Cesar.

This is The Rosen Shingle Creek.

becc6097_z.jpg

This is The Don Cesar.

loews-don-cesar-hotel.jpg

Freshly waxed Italian marble has a certain panache.

Gotta love look of the Flagler hotel (now Flagler College) in St. Augustine...

This or a Key West style resort would have a great Florida feel.

That's actually The Breakers in Palm Beach. Which is another Henery Flagler resort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.