Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how much expansion room Universal plans on keeping for another world in the park? If they decide to dump Fantastic Beasts, I wonder if they'll just leave that section for an expansion pad if other space is limited.

I get the hate for the 2nd FB, but what if this failure shakes up the series ala Thor Ragnarok and the third movie is the best of.

I think that only happens if Warner Bros. assigns Rowling a writing partner. My initial gut reaction would be to say they should also drop the 5-film idea and make it a trilogy, but the timeline just doesn't really allow for that unless they go with a 15+ year time jump, or something; Dumbledore and Grindelwald don't have their confrontation until 1945.

I've always wondered if they'd do something where you'd use portkeys or a floo network to transport between ministries in a massive duel between various wizards. That'd be cool and offer some awesome set pieces.

Now this could be a fantastic (ahem) idea! The attraction begins at a foreign Ministry, but during the course of the attraction we Floo, Portkey, or apparate to the London Ministry. I'd roll with that, no question.

Does anyone know how much expansion room Universal plans on keeping for another world in the park? If they decide to dump Fantastic Beasts, I wonder if they'll just leave that section for an expansion pad if other space is limited.

I’d imagine there will be one, probably two expansion pads. If they go down the world route, then that’s a big addition when they want to.

I don't think we need another full Wizarding World land, but I think a standalone attraction could certainly still be worthwhile without hitting an oversaturation point.

I think that only happens if Warner Bros. assigns Rowling a writing partner. My initial gut reaction would be to say they should also drop the 5-film idea and make it a trilogy, but the timeline just doesn't really allow for that unless they go with a 15+ year time jump, or something; Dumbledore and Grindelwald don't have their confrontation until 1945.
They already moved established dates around by having McGonagall teaching at Hogwarts long before she herself said she started teaching so why not move the duel up a bit? Who cares about adhering to established continuity anyway? Fans? Pffffff. What do they know? ;)

Last edited:
It can still sell a bunch of merchandise between the 2 parks. Minions sells a bunch of merchandise, too - Do we need 3 different Despicable Me lands?

Potter will get more people through the front gate. If people are willing to go to IOA and USF and no doubt have a great time, they’ll be wanting more.

Now this could be a fantastic (ahem) idea! The attraction begins at a foreign Ministry, but during the course of the attraction we Floo, Portkey, or apparate to the London Ministry. I'd roll with that, no question.

I have legit no info on this, but I imagine it'd be doing a tour of one ministry then having Newt say he needs help tracking down Grindelwald and we go on a madcap, multi-ministry based chase till we end up back at the first ministry with either Grindelwald or information for Newt. Plus some Niffler action.

It can still sell a bunch of merchandise between the 2 parks. Minions sells a bunch of merchandise, too - Do we need 3 different Despicable Me lands?

Toy Story has four attractions based on it, Star Wars soon to be three (not including shows and such). At this point Universal has built from scratch (at UOR) three Potter attractions. I think Ministry should probably remain at USF to balance out IoA.

I've thought a "one property two parks" model is best for the three UOR parks. Nintendo in two parks, Potter in two parks, Illumination in two parks, Dreamworks in two parks. They'd all be different parks, so if a guest is a favorite of Nintendo and Potter, say, they have to go to all three parks. It'd be spread out and equal. But that's just me spitballing.

Safe to assume "Welcome to Marwen" will not be represented in the new park. Total disaster, what was Universal thinking? I am a compassionate guy so feel for the man it was based on but movie looks HORRIBLE.

Potter will get more people through the front gate. If people are willing to go to IOA and USF and no doubt have a great time, they’ll be wanting more.

Sorry, man. I love Potter but there’s also too much of a good thing. They’ll have more Potter when the Coaster opens in Hogsmeade. They can expand out Diagon eventually. They have merch everywhere around both parks and CityWalk. Tbey can have more merch at whatever Universal Store they’ll have at new Resort. You can still sell the merch without dedicating precious land to it.

Star Wars is huge merch wise but you don’t see Disney adding 3 lands among the 3 different parks.

Sorry, man. I love Potter but there’s also too much of a good thing. They’ll have more Potter when the Coaster opens in Hogsmeade. They can expand out Diagon eventually. They have merch everywhere around both parks and CityWalk. Tbey can have more merch at whatever Universal Store they’ll have at new Resort. You can still sell the merch without dedicating precious land to it.

Star Wars is huge merch wise but you don’t see Disney adding 3 lands among the 3 different parks.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want Potter in the new park but I could see why they would go down that route.

Let’s been on a lot of chat about Potter on here recently and I’m thinking that maybe a new thread should be started to discuss people’s thoughts on the IPs future in the parks.

Do we think more is coming after the coaster?

Is it currently peaking?

Should it go into the 3rd park?

Look at it this way... would a Potter fan spend more money because it's in 2 parks instead of 1? Probably.
...would a Potter fan spend even more money because it's in 3 parks instead of 2? Probably not.

It's not just about getting numbers of people into the new park, but they need to be spending more money they wouldn't have otherwise being at the current resort.

There's a lot less to the DM universe than the HP

Safe to assume "Welcome to Marwen" will not be represented in the new park. Total disaster, what was Universal thinking? I am a compassionate guy so feel for the man it was based on but movie looks HORRIBLE.

Man, you and I have wildly differing takes on this one. Only reason imI waiting for Blu Ray is so I can ugly cry in private.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, you and I have wildly differing takes on this one. Only reason imI waiting for Blu Ray is so I can ugly cry in private.

Gonna have to ask to please not make multiple posts, and use the multi-quote feature.

Also, obviously Potter Universe is grander - It was a rhetorical point....

Status
Not open for further replies.