Upcharge Fastpasses Coming to Disney World | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Upcharge Fastpasses Coming to Disney World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can we all agree that ExpressPass worked but FP+ does not? Even that legacy FP worked? I think we can.

And I think that the reason for that is the number of these passes that are in circulation. EP and FP had a fairly limited number; you stay in a UO resort or you know how to use the FP system. Now, literally every single family or group that buys WDW tickets is inundated with the FP+ primer, so the vast majority of WDW park guests have made all 3 FP+ choices for every day, even if they do not know what the ride they "reserved" a time for even is.

With 80% of capacity for many rides going to FP+, the number of people who have this needs to go down to make standby a viable option again. One way to limit is monetarily (as Express Pass does); another way is to require some effort (as legacy FP did). FP+ takes away both of those barriers to entry, and now standby lines are ridiculous.

*I did not post any stats, but Josh at easwdw.com has tables on a fairly regular basis that show the difference in standby line times pre-FP+ and post-FP+ (apologies to mods if citing that site is not okay).

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
Can we all agree that ExpressPass worked but FP+ does not? Even that legacy FP worked? I think we can.

And I think that the reason for that is the number of these passes that are in circulation. EP and FP had a fairly limited number; you stay in a UO resort or you know how to use the FP system. Now, literally every single family or group that buys WDW tickets is inundated with the FP+ primer, so the vast majority of WDW park guests have made all 3 FP+ choices for every day, even if they do not know what the ride they "rseerved" a time for even is.

With 80% of capacity for many rides going to FP+, the number of people who have this needs to go down to make standby a viable option again.
I would put MAXPass in the category that works as well. They took the best parts of FP+ and adapted it to best suit Anaheim's high amount of locals. It works for tourists without having too much of an impact on the way locals navigate the parks.

Reactions: Skold

And I think that the reason for that is the number of these passes that are in circulation. EP and FP had a fairly limited number; you stay in a UO resort or you know how to use the FP system. Now, literally every single family or group that buys WDW tickets is inundated with the FP+ primer, so the vast majority of WDW park guests have made all 3 FP+ choices for every day, even if they do not know what the ride they "reserved" a time for even is.

With 80% of capacity for many rides going to FP+, the number of people who have this needs to go down to make standby a viable option again. One way to limit is monetarily (as Express Pass does); another way is to require some effort (as legacy FP did). FP+ takes away both of those barriers to entry, and now standby lines are ridiculous.

*I did not post any stats, but Josh at easwdw.com has tables on a fairly regular basis that show the difference in standby line times pre-FP+ and post-FP+ (apologies to mods if citing that site is not okay).

FWIW EasyWDW takes internally reported wait times and logs them. It is not ACTUAL wait time but Disney’s ADVERTISED. This is important as wait times are used frequently as a deterrent and as a FP+ satisfaction improver (“We just ‘saved’ an hour in line!”) It’s the only data we readily have and it’s imperfect.

Reactions: Skold and Ashhanbre
this is great and all but i can beat this system by simply having multiple friends with phones. I've seen two people use their phone to get 6 passes. 3 for 9.So this is basically is targeting people like me who go to the park alone all the time.

Reactions: Coasted