USF Project? | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw I'm a huge HHN fan and the closing of Bill and Ted is pretty epic. And to find out amidst an already tough year in advertising and marketing hurt a bit more imo.

Regardless several people have straight up made themselves look silly and ill INFORMED during this and it's been amusing to watch.

For those stating another announcement is imminent then they simply don't get it. Nothing else will be announced before or during HHN. The event is too critical and in no way will they let anything take it's thunder right now. The new POTTAH coaster announcement was a knee jerk reaction imo that probably came from way up top due to Disney's massive D23 announcement.

All in all this thread is bogus for now and I wouldn't try to build off of much of anything here as most of this is literally grasping at straws. Let's just enjoy the Haunt Season and be excellent to one another this HORRAH NIGHTZ.

Now after HHN is a totally different ballgame imo...

:thumbsup:

With the eminent closing of Dragon Challenge and it's placement inside of Hogsmeade, I think that announcement was going to happen regardless of D23.

And I don't think anyone was really expecting an announcement about FFL's future until at least after HHNs. And if they are replacing it, it wouldn't be unlike Universal to not revel what is replacing it until even later.

But signs are pointing to something being up back there. And that is going to prompt speculation.

With the eminent closing of Dragon Challenge and it's placement inside of Hogsmeade, I think that announcement was going to happen regardless of D23.

And I don't think anyone was really expecting an announcement about FFL's future until at least after HHNs. And if they are replacing it, it wouldn't be unlike Universal to not revel what is replacing it until even later.

But signs are pointing to something being up back there. And that is going to prompt speculation.

I disagree, I think they were fine with closing down dragons and simply stating a new attraction was coming in its place but I guess we will never know

I think they realized if they were going to close Dragons that everyone would know it was Potter so they might as well just say it.

Reactions: Andysol
Well, with it being inside Hogsmeade, we knew it would be Potter, so the only info given other than Dragons closing is that it is a coaster.
Not counting the fact that one of our key insiders knew about all of this DC stuff long ago, and kept telling us about it, even though so many were doubting it because of the not paying attention to the date mix up. ;):thumbsup:....Good job Dave. :)

Well, with it being inside Hogsmeade, we knew it would be Potter, so the only info given other than Dragons closing is that it is a coaster.

And if they didn't want to say a coaster, they could've just said "Something big from the Wizarding World is coming to take the place of Dragon Challenge, keep an eye out there" and that it would've probably gave the same impact.

At this point, I think it's wise to not count anyone that has had legitimate background out in this. And that, I would be very interested to see if FFL comes back up, even if for a short period of time so people can say goodbye to that.

But that, if FFL is going and it doesn't open back up after HHN; this would make sense.

I would doubt many people care for FFL, even those that are huge fans of Universal probably don't care of FFL. And that at the end of the day, it probably has a bigger risk than Bill and Ted, due to the fact that they are using live participants from the park itself; and that one lawsuit would probably bite them hard.

I don't think the Potter news was a result of the D23 announcements since they specifically said they would have some Potter news well before D23. I also don't think B&T closing means anything as far as FFL. They wouldn't have ended B&T just because of FFL closing.

I don't think the Potter news was a result of the D23 announcements since they specifically said they would have some Potter news well before D23. I also don't think B&T closing means anything as far as FFL. They wouldn't have ended B&T just because of FFL closing.

And I would agree, but that I think better discussion of why Bill and Ted is leaving after this year should be on it's proper thread.

Thread-Redirect

That said, perhaps we can keep this thread on the USF project in general and not about things like Bill and Ted?

So many rumors, so little confirmation. But, at least, we have some fun & interesting things to talk about for the next couple of years. We know things are going to happen. It's just the "what" that escapes us now. Perhaps UC is still pitching concepts and hasn't given the green light. My view is I pay attention to what Dave (Disneyhead) says. Right now he & Teebs are the most reliable Insiders on Universal and Dave's pretty good on WDW too.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
So many rumors, so little confirmation. But, at least, we have some fun & interesting things to talk about for the next couple of years. We know things are going to happen. It's just the "what" that escapes us now. Perhaps UC is still pitching concepts and hasn't given the green light. My view is I pay attention to what Dave (Disneyhead) says. Right now he & Teebs are the most reliable Insiders on Universal and Dave's pretty good on WDW too.

I would agree with that, with perhaps also good ol' @Quint to look at if he drops something. Either way, it's interesting to know that something may be down the pipeline pre-SNW.

Reactions: Quint and Mad Dog
And I would agree, but that I think better discussion of why Bill and Ted is leaving after this year should be on it's proper thread.

Thread-Redirect

That said, perhaps we can keep this thread on the USF project in general and not about things like Bill and Ted?
I think you missed my point. I was only referencing why B&T ended as an indicator to the future of FFL and that site being a potential site for a future USF attraction.

My point is I don't think we have any evidence of FFL going anywhere. I think T2 is probably more likely to go than FFL. But as @Andy said we're really just grasping at straws. There really are lots of possibilities.

I think the "smart" thing for Universal to do would be enclose (or rebuild) FFL as part of London, themed as the West End Theater. Throw an abridged version of Wicked or Shrek or license non-Universal shows (based on movies) like Groundhog Day, Bring It On, Wedding Singer, Billy Elliot, Footloose. You can even do Grinch, A Christmas Story, or Holiday Inn as holiday shows.

Or make it Wizard Duel stunt show.

I just really want an enclosed theater for big shows.

I think the "smart" thing for Universal to do would be enclose (or rebuild) FFL as part of London, themed as the West End Theater. Throw an abridged version of Wicked or Shrek or license non-Universal shows (based on movies) like Groundhog Day, Bring It On, Wedding Singer, Billy Elliot, Footloose. You can even do Grinch, A Christmas Story, or Holiday Inn as holiday shows.

Or make it Wizard Duel stunt show.

I just really want an enclosed theater for big shows.
If this were the case I'd hope they rebuild it. Those stands aren't very comfy for indoor seating.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

There are several really good people to listen too floating around. Issue is, the bread crumbs they leave are most of the time much too small for most and they simply pass right by the clues given. I actually enjoy going back to the beginning of a rumor and rereading the entire thread. Its shocking to see how many pieces come together as time goes on.

There are several really good people to listen too floating around. Issue is, the bread crumbs they leave are most of the time much too small for most and they simply pass right by the clues given. I actually enjoy going back to the beginning of a rumor and rereading the entire thread. Its shocking to see how many pieces come together as time goes on.
Yep. And as I've said before, that's why I like to keep the discussion flowing on these threads, even if it goes off topic for a bit. The more talk, the more chance someone gives out a bit of info they weren't going to give...And, on a similar vein, a good point was brought up in a PM I had with a prominent Forum poster the other day. Sometimes the Insiders will release misleading or false information to divert attention from themselves and their sources. I've been told this a few times privately. So, that always needs to be considered when sorting out what's solid info, what's conjecture, and what is intentionally false. I think this thread has a combination of all three. All in all, it adds some fun to the whole process. :)

Reactions: Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.