USF Project? | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took a couple of years of Universal's goading but Disney is now fully drawn into the "Orlando Theme Park Wars".

Poke the bear long enough and eventually he will bite, this placid bear took a while though I thought he was never going to bite.

Only problem for the bear is that universal seen to bite back harder and harder.

Love it.

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
Me too, Japan or Cali and hawaii could well be in play, they are long over due.

I'm doing Cali and Vegas next month but will need to get creative for next year. I'm also planning on buying a new house next year so the timing might work in my favour before settling down and starting a family.

At least when my kids ask me why their mum and me waited so long to have them, I'll have a great story about 2017-2022 theme park wars.

Poke the bear long enough and eventually he will bite, this placid bear took a while though I thought he was never going to bite.

Only problem for the bear is that universal seen to bite back harder and harder.

Love it.

We're certainly all winners. Even with Nintendo , MoM and Forbidden Forrest, I think the argument could easily be made that Disneys future is topping Universals. They have some insanely awesome stuff coming down the pipe- and that's just what's announced.
However; that will all change once we get the 4th Park Announcment from Universal. As badass as it all is now- That's when it reaches a fever pitch. And even with the massive amount of things Disney is planning right now- it won't measure up, and the question will be asked- "how does Disney respond?"

Love it.
A decade of laying around stuffing yourself on cash leaves one a bit...bloated and out of shape. Not exactly "fighting form".
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm doing Cali and Vegas next month but will need to get creative for next year. I'm also planning on buying a new house next year so the timing might work in my favour before settling down and starting a family.

At least when my kids ask me why their mum and me waited so long to have them, I'll have a great story about 2017-2022 theme park wars.
At this rate of theme park expansions, you may have to wait until you're 50 before you start a family. :lol:

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood....Fred Rogers

At this rate of theme park expansions, you may have to wait until you're 50 before you start a family. :lol:

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood....Fred Rogers

Dad, why is my middle name Mark Woodbury and my brother's Bob Iger?

Who would have thought....IOA, opened in 1998, is now the Universal park with the most "classic" attractions. :):lol:

1999 :thumbsup:

To get this back on topic. If they take away some of the lagoon, this is a pretty sizable chunk of land.
View attachment 5097
By removing Dragon Challenge - They could effectively double the size of Hogsmeade
By removing FFL and taking that lagoon- They could effectively double the size of Diagon Alley/Kings Cross

If they do both of those, and use all the land area- it would be absolutely mind blowing.
As in- Star Wars takes a backseat mind blowing.

Realistically though, I'd bet they only use half of each area.

Reactions: Joel
By removing Dragon Challenge - They could effectively double the size of Hogsmeade
By removing FFL and taking that lagoon- They could effectively double the size of Diagon Alley/Kings Cross

If they do both of those, and use all the land area- it would be absolutely mind blowing.

DC will have more than just the coaster.

Reactions: tankart150

Realistically, I think this will be the last of Potter at the current resort. They could be doubling the amount on offer currently and as much as we could argue about longevity of the IP, the other side of the coin is how much Potter are we, the fans prepared to have before it's too much and wish they would diversify into other projects?

Upon saying that, does this mean that Universal are going to go all out and leave no piece of land untouched?

I really wish they wouldn't use FFL for more Potter. They need to move on from that now or they are going to become known just for Potter, something I already feel is happening a little here in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.