USF Prop Shop Update Thread | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Prop Shop Update Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alright, my money is on Nintendo or Epic.
An EU preview center/tribute store would be incredible, hopefully something on the scale of what they did for IoA's opening. Would assume this would also coincide with official reveals of the lands and attractions within the park. I'm sure the merch would fly off the shelves.

Reactions: MatheusPG
This seems to be connected to whatever is replacing the Prop Shop...

I really hope the exterior remains.

ooooOOOOooooooo

This got spicy! I could see this totally just being an expanded photo center thing but those never seemed *that* popular to justify the spot. EU preview center doesn't make much sense when it would only get to half of the guests. Maybe that much rumored bar concept?

I’ve heard previously this larger space will still be used for retail. I wonder if instead of an only Epic Universe space, if this could be set up as a Coming Attractions space.

They could promote the Minions things, Epic, even sell Nintendo merch as a way to promote SNW opening next year in Hollywood, etc.

If it does promote Epic, I think it would not be a full blown Preview Center. Just a way to start selling logo merch, get people excited for the new park, and maybe only have a few pieces of concept art on the walls.

A real preview center is still probably going to happen the year before at the Tribute Store space. So, whatever this is, won’t be that.

I’ve heard previously this larger space will still be used for retail. I wonder if instead of an only Epic Universe space, if this could be set up as a Coming Attractions space.

They could promote the Minions things, Epic, even sell Nintendo merch as a way to promote SNW opening next year in Hollywood, etc.

If it does promote Epic, I think it would not be a full blown Preview Center. Just a way to start selling logo merch, get people excited for the new park, and maybe only have a few pieces of concept art on the walls.

A real preview center is still probably going to happen the year before at the Tribute Store space. So, whatever this is, won’t be that.
Having a tribute store, as well as a coming attractions store, is a smart way of selling Merch that is not necessarily always accessible to the parks lands/rides. Also good way to sell some more creative snacks/desserts possible. I hope we get some food preview for EU here, even if minimal.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95

This would be such an awful letdown from the prop shop. Well, pretty much anything will be, but this in particular.

This would be such an awful letdown from the prop shop. Well, pretty much anything will be, but this in particular.
As cool as the idea of the prop shop was it was always kinda hit or miss, more often leaning towards miss. Unless an attraction closed very recently there really wasn’t much to be found in there besides the antiques that came from somewhere other than the park. You had to be extremely lucky whenever you went for there to be anything good in stock.

As cool as the idea of the prop shop was it was always kinda hit or miss, more often leaning towards miss. Unless an attraction closed very recently there really wasn’t much to be found in there besides the antiques that came from somewhere other than the park. You had to be extremely lucky whenever you went for there to be anything good in stock.
Seemed more interesting as a browse through museum of history. I went in there often, enjoyed it immensely, but never with any intent to buy. More an 'A' level walk around attraction than a merch location to make a profit.

The prop shop was 90% filler for sale from a local antique shop that had nothing to do with the parks. 9% was the same props that sat there for months or years that no one ever bought. And 1% really cool and interesting things that were snatched up within a day anyway so you had to be lucky enough to see it before it was gone.

As a regular visitor, it was cool to come across those unique items from time to time, but most of it was a waste of space.

The prop shop was 90% filler for sale from a local antique shop that had nothing to do with the parks. 9% was the same props that sat there for months or years that no one ever bought. And 1% really cool and interesting things that were snatched up within a day anyway so you had to be lucky enough to see it before it was gone.

As a regular visitor, it was cool to come across those unique items from time to time, but most of it was a waste of space.
I think your percentages are a bit off here - I found something interesting about every other trip. But even allowing for the unpredictability - in fact because of it - it was still tied with the Tribute store as the most interesting store in either park. Yeah, you might not see anything new or different, but in every other store on property you are guaranteed not to see anything new or different among rows of Minions plush and Jurassic World shirts. The Prop Store was always worth a visit, and that’s very useful in a theme park that needs capacity.

Is there any reason this wouldn't become some kind of Universal Legacy bar and then switch over to a SNW bar later?

Ok maybe not SNW "Bar"...but whatever the thing is in Japan....Cafe I guess

I would love for them to turn the Betty Boop/Hello Kitty store into a retro Universal Pictures museum, not just about the IPs in the park. You can still move Betty/Kitty to the Hat shop down the street and then turn Williams/Photo into a movie bar or something.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95