USH - Bringing in outside food/drinks

sushtsi

Newcomer
Oct 2, 2019
San Diego
Received a gift of tickets for a first time visit on October 15th to Universal Studios Hollywood for a group of 8 adults (Monks) and was wondering about bringing in food. I know that you can't bring in coolers etc. Generally speaking is it fine to bring in a sandwich and a pack of chips? On their website it mentions you can bring water, but can you bring in Gatorade or soda?

Thanks for your help!

Stryker

Rookie
Feb 22, 2018
So Cal
You can bring in small soft-sided coolers. Yes, premade sandwiches and small bags of chips are fine as well as any other small, individually wrapped snacks like granola bars and small fruit like apples and bananas. Don't think you can bring soda or Gatorade, but I've brought in kids juice boxes and Capri Suns. Hope this helps.

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
You can bring in small soft-sided coolers. Yes, premade sandwiches and small bags of chips are fine as well as any other small, individually wrapped snacks like granola bars and small fruit like apples and bananas. Don't think you can bring soda or Gatorade, but I've brought in kids juice boxes and Capri Suns. Hope this helps.
To ask the question, how about bringing a Starbucks cup? Asking this, as I'd like to have my cup while I'm in the park, even if I have to dump the contents (even if it's just ice water).

Stryker

Rookie
Feb 22, 2018
So Cal
To ask the question, how about bringing a Starbucks cup? Asking this, as I'd like to have my cup while I'm in the park, even if I have to dump the contents (even if it's just ice water).
You should be able to bring in anything you purchase from CityWalk. I've brought in a box of Voodoo Donuts, smoothie from Jamba Juice and Starbucks coffee. I've even brought in a large McDonald's iced coffee and boba milk tea that's sealed. I wasn't even trying to hide it. Security at bag check saw the items and let me through.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

sushtsi

Newcomer
Oct 2, 2019
San Diego
Thanks for the help! Heading there tomorrow. Going to try bringing in 2 sandwiches, a few granola bars, and 2 packs of small chips. Will update how it goes :)

Unfortunately going to miss out on WaterWorld as it is closing tomorrow :(

sushtsi

Newcomer
Oct 2, 2019
San Diego
Everything went well, security didn't bother opening the backpacks as they were fine through the x-ray machine. 2 sandwiches, 3 granola bars, 2 trail mix packs, and 2 small packs of chips.

Reactions: Stryker