Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH - Bringing in outside food/drinks

Oct 2, 2019
San Diego
Received a gift of tickets for a first time visit on October 15th to Universal Studios Hollywood for a group of 8 adults (Monks) and was wondering about bringing in food. I know that you can't bring in coolers etc. Generally speaking is it fine to bring in a sandwich and a pack of chips? On their website it mentions you can bring water, but can you bring in Gatorade or soda?

Thanks for your help!

You can bring in small soft-sided coolers. Yes, premade sandwiches and small bags of chips are fine as well as any other small, individually wrapped snacks like granola bars and small fruit like apples and bananas. Don't think you can bring soda or Gatorade, but I've brought in kids juice boxes and Capri Suns. Hope this helps.

You can bring in small soft-sided coolers. Yes, premade sandwiches and small bags of chips are fine as well as any other small, individually wrapped snacks like granola bars and small fruit like apples and bananas. Don't think you can bring soda or Gatorade, but I've brought in kids juice boxes and Capri Suns. Hope this helps.

To ask the question, how about bringing a Starbucks cup? Asking this, as I'd like to have my cup while I'm in the park, even if I have to dump the contents (even if it's just ice water).

To ask the question, how about bringing a Starbucks cup? Asking this, as I'd like to have my cup while I'm in the park, even if I have to dump the contents (even if it's just ice water).

You should be able to bring in anything you purchase from CityWalk. I've brought in a box of Voodoo Donuts, smoothie from Jamba Juice and Starbucks coffee. I've even brought in a large McDonald's iced coffee and boba milk tea that's sealed. I wasn't even trying to hide it. Security at bag check saw the items and let me through.

Thanks for the help! Heading there tomorrow. Going to try bringing in 2 sandwiches, a few granola bars, and 2 packs of small chips. Will update how it goes :)

Unfortunately going to miss out on WaterWorld as it is closing tomorrow :(

Everything went well, security didn't bother opening the backpacks as they were fine through the x-ray machine. 2 sandwiches, 3 granola bars, 2 trail mix packs, and 2 small packs of chips.

There are some restrictions on what types of food are allowed. In general, outside food and beverages are not allowed in Disneyland theme parks, except for specific medical or dietary needs. If you have special dietary requirements, you can bring food into the park as long as wrapped creamy corn salad, sealed, and labeled with your name. Please note that all items are subject to inspection by security. Alcohol, glass containers, and large coolers are not allowed. Additionally, you are not allowed to bring food or drinks into any of the dining locations or onto attractions.

Last edited:
From my experience, I've never been hassled over an outside water bottle, and some small nutrition bars. I even fill up that water bottle for free at the Coke freestyle machines. I also drink from that water bottle in the 3 broomsticks on occasion. Never had any trouble. I don’t know what the "official" policy is, but that's my rule of thumb, a water bottle and snacks.

There are some restrictions on what types of food are allowed. In general, outside food and beverages are not allowed in Disneyland theme parks, except for specific medical or dietary needs. If you have special dietary requirements, you can bring food into the park as long as it is wrapped, sealed, and labeled with your name. Please note that all items are subject to inspection by security. Alcohol, glass containers, and large coolers are not allowed. Additionally, you are not allowed to bring food or drinks into any of the dining locations or onto attractions.
Besides Special events like HHN, I've never had them care what food I bring in. Have brought sandwitches before and huge bags of candy as well.