Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Price Increase!

I echo the thoughts here. $120 for USH is an absurd price for this park. There's really not much else to say here than that. But I guess the  raise in single-day tickets are justifying the cost to Uni... so, um, good luck!

There's really not much else to say here than that. But I guess the  raise in single-day tickets are justifying the cost to Uni... so, um, good luck!

As long as people keep paying, it doesn't really matter how we complain or how vocal we are about doing it.

You signify your stance by taking your money elsewhere if you disagree with the price or what they're doing. Simple.

I feel like everyone's going wild over this, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's only five dollars. And if you buy your tickets in advance online, it winds up being the same price anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
After Disney's price increases last weekend, it didn't take long for Universal to follow suit and certainly not unexpected. I don't think $120 for a 1-day ticket is justifiable for USH, but everyone values things differently. There's certainly more value in purchasing either a California Neighbor Pass for $129 OR the 2-day General Admission, also for $129. For only $9 more, you can get an additional day or several days (with the Neighbor Pass). I wonder if the price increase is a way to get guests to purchase one of these $129 options instead.

The one thing I can't figure out is the Inside Universal article mentioning that you can save upwards of up to $21 for an advance purchase ticket depending on the day. In looking at the Universal Tickets Store page, the best advance purchase discount I can see is $15 for adult tickets at $105 (vs. $120 for 1-day anytime). With the same $15 discount in effect for child tickets at $99 (vs. $114 for 1-day anytime). From now until the end of August, these are the lowest available prices for purchase in advance. What am I missing for getting the $21 savings? I feel like it's user error on my part to not configure my hypothetical purchase on the Universal Tickets Store page.

The one thing I can't figure out is the Inside Universal article mentioning that you can save upwards of up to $21 for an advance purchase ticket depending on the day.

That discount is only available based on your geographical data. It doesn't show up for all users.

That discount is only available based on your geographical data. It doesn't show up for all users.

Oh, that's interesting! Do you know the parameters of the geo-targeted discount? As I'm in SoCal, I'm guessing it's targeted to out-of-state guests. Just curious and trying to figure out the logic of their pricing strategy.

Oh, that's interesting! Do you know the parameters of the geo-targeted discount? As I'm in SoCal, I'm guessing it's targeted to out-of-state guests. Just curious and trying to figure out the logic of their pricing strategy.

I don't think there is any logic. When I looked at ticket prices on my phone, it only gave me the $10 & $15 discounts. But when I looked on my desktop, I got the full $21 discount. I am also in SoCal, so I can't find a reasonable explanation.

I think I am going to buy those Gold passes from Costco soon, in case they raise the prices on those.  They are currently $199.99 and have 337 days available.  

The lower pass is still $109.99 with 250 days available.

The lower pass at Costco ($109.99) is now gone and has been replaced with a pass at $129.99 and with fewer days available, 219 days.  

https://www.costco.com/Universal-Studios-Hollywood-Annual-Pass-eTicket%2c-California.product.100341668.html 

The higher pass ($199.99) is still available.

https://www.costco.com/Universal-Studios-Hollywood-Gold-Annual-Pass-eTicket%2c-California.product.100310884.html

The lower pass at Costco ($109.99) is now gone and has been replaced with a pass at $129.99 and with fewer days available, 219 days.  

https://www.costco.com/Universal-Studios-Hollywood-Annual-Pass-eTicket%2c-California.product.100341668.html 

The higher pass ($199.99) is still available.

https://www.costco.com/Universal-Studios-Hollywood-Gold-Annual-Pass-eTicket%2c-California.product.100310884.html

WOW!! That new pass is garbage (blackout day wise) compared to the old $109.99 pass!!

WOW!! That new pass is garbage (blackout day wise) compared to the old $109.99 pass!!

Yup, the only one that really makes sense from Costco now is the $199 option.  I am going to pick that one up tonight since my season pass expired today, and just in case they decide to make any changes to that one as well.  

Just a reminder, that the Costco Gold pass is going away in a few weeks.

https://www.costco.com/Universal-Studios-Hollywood-Gold-Annual-Pass-eTicket%2C-California.product.100310884.html

Given that they have to be activated by June 15th, they have to be pulled from sale BEFORE that date. And I have a strong hunch that the replacement won't be cheaper.

I just checked this and they updated the first visit date to the end of the year.  Wooo!

Features:

• Come any date on the first visit
  • 337 available days for return visits, including 83 weekend days.¹
  • Includes free General Parking before 5:00 p.m.²
  • Valid for 12 consecutive months from selected first visit date
  • Black-out dates apply for return visits
  • First visit must occur on or before 12/31/17
  • Universal City, California
  • Delivered via email

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK GOODNESS THE COSTCO GOLD PASS HAS BEEN UPDATED/EXTENDED! I'm glad it didn't get a price increase like the Costco neighbor pass. Gold is really the best option. I was one of last group of people to have the excellent All-Star Premium and transitioning to Costco Gold last December was perfect. I couldn't bring myself to spend the $600 for the Platinum pass but the Gold for $200 is worth it. Black out dates have not been a problem as long as I get my free parking. Do you think the price will hold at $200 or should we grab it while we can? I don't need to renew until December, but I'm the type of Slytherin who will snatch a good pass in March and sit on it as long as possible if needed.

THANK GOODNESS THE COSTCO GOLD PASS HAS BEEN UPDATED/EXTENDED! I'm glad it didn't get a price increase like the Costco neighbor pass. Gold is really the best option. I was one of last group of people to have the excellent All-Star Premium and transitioning to Costco Gold last December was perfect. I couldn't bring myself to spend the $600 for the Platinum pass but the Gold for $200 is worth it. Black out dates have not been a problem as long as I get my free parking. Do you think the price will hold at $200 or should we grab it while we can? I don't need to renew until December, but I'm the type of Slytherin who will snatch a good pass in March and sit on it as long as possible if needed.

I would pick them up while you can, especially since they are good until the end of the year. I see the price either staying or going up, and I don't think they would add more days to the pass either.