V the Raptor | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

V the Raptor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok, lets ignore the obvious CM, the costume still looks poor. Hate the knee joints, or lack therefore of them.

The thing looks like a toy. They may have made it more obvious on purpose, just being Disney.

Still, the fact that DAK has a velociraptor character before IoA does is sad.

everyone making fun of this yet they did it first. It really is sad that they did it before Uni did.

I don't care how funny it looks I am glad they are at least doing something. I like it, I like the concept and I like that they are trying something new.
It makes me want to go to AK and see it for myself. they just need to cover the belly because it looks weird but this is great.

It's lucky the dinosaur without anything that made lucky awesome, to have this bottlecap staring muppet vision reject basically replace him is tragically hilarious. I can't find a good thing to say about it other than it gave 2 people new jobs

Wow, this is just sad. I am hoping this test failed miserably and that we never see this again or when it does come back it looks WAY better.

Ok, I had sort of been wondering about this and just randomly watching a few of TheTimTracker's videos, I may have a bit more of an answer. In the video below, there's an eerily similar puppeted Dino figure that was shown at Playlist Live in March. Maybe Disney bought it from the creator and figured they'd see if it's something that would stick? Or maybe it's a PUSH situation where it's contracted work (since it is puppeteering you need to know how to properly work the figure)?

Anyway, here's the video. Fast forward to the 2:23 mark in the video for the figure in question.

[video=youtube;wvXrWL9PC8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvXrWL9PC8M[/video]

That looks exactly like the dino they had on KDKA TV here in Pittsburgh this morning for a Dinosaur show promo that's playing for 8 performances. They also are using full size scale Dino's operated by three people.The single person dino had roars and all.

The things isn't that hard to puppeteer. Just control it with your arms slanted above your head and use triggers. But yeah that's probably the same company that made V

Random question but have any of you heard about the live show walking with the dinosaurs? It's a show with these incredible dinosaur puppets that simulate dinosaur times. It's pretty damn cool and this puppet could've easily been one of these if Disney wanted to pay a little extra. Check it out [video=youtube_share;5q22act50Eg]http://youtu.be/5q22act50Eg[/video]

Not saying the Nemo show is bad, its great. But based on that video i think a show like that would be a much better choice for the theater in dinoland.

Oh for sure!!! Man what is nemo doing in Dinoland?!?! That's all I'll say about that show since I have friends in it. Your show is in the wrong theater

Not saying the Nemo show is bad, its great. But based on that video i think a show like that would be a much better choice for the theater in dinoland.

I'll say it, Nemo is a bad show... it is boring.

Something like that dinosaur show would be amazing.

I'll say it, Nemo is a bad show... it is boring.

Something like that dinosaur show would be amazing.
I'll describe nemo as a cute show and that's about it. Nothing really wrong or terrible about it, script is ok, songs are nice and puppets are awesome. But yeah a Dino show would totally destroy it. Animal kingdom has so many abandoned projects that just piss me off how they didn't get made. Tree of life show, industrial rollercoaster and the infamous beastly kingdom. If everything that was planned for animal kingdom came to be it would've killed MK