Venom | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Venom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thor, Thor 2, Doctor Strange, and GotGv2 aren't exactly considered classics. Even Ultron got hit comparatively hard.

Catch is a bad Marvel movie is still a brighter, more enjoyable experience than a good DCU film (or anything Sony puts out). They don't try to be anything more than they are.

Reactions: Coasted and Andysol
black panther was very average and at parts boring. it looked beautiful, and the cast was wonderful, and the effects were cool, but the story was pretty plain. so yeah, Marvel can do no wrong.

I’m glad you said it! I thought I was on an island there. It reminded me of Avatar in a way. Beautiful scenery, but incredibly average story-wise.
I had no idea why it got so much hype. Then again, none of these movies are masterpieces, they are what they are... superhero films. That said, Thor Ragnarok was way more fun than BP but got very little hype in comparison.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I’m glad you said it! I thought I was on an island there. It reminded me of Avatar in a way. Beautiful scenery, but incredibly average story-wise.
I had no idea why it got so much hype. Then again, none of these movies are masterpieces, they are what they are... superhero films. That said, Thor Ragnarok was way more fun than BP but got very little hype in comparison.

Little hype? I can’t go on any marvel-related site without seeing a million Ragnarok memes.

I would call black panther a delicious dessert, or bubblegum for the eyes.
Delicious yo eat, tasty, but has no vitamins or nutrients or substance lol

It specially hurts to see how much they ripped off the lion king

Eh, what hasn't? Which itself ripped off Hamlet. So really, what hasn't ripped off Hamlet? It is one of the greatest plays of all time though.

i don't mean just story bits but even some of the dialogue and some of the visuals. like the talking to the father in the sky bit or little things like that. im not just talking the Hamlet story bits, but like, actual things the lion king did

Reactions: Andysol
i don't mean just story bits but even some of the dialogue and some of the visuals. like the talking to the father in the sky bit or little things like that. im not just talking the Hamlet story bits, but like, actual things the lion king did
I don't recall Simba's long lost cousin showing up and killing Rafiki, but it's been a while.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Blimey. That’s really interesting. I guess if you make someone do media by contractual obligation...

Im hoping like hell that they add it as deleted scenes. even if they didnt do the special effects for Venom. I really wanna see what he means by this, I doubt he would be lying about those scenes being his favorite.

Also I read that some of the stuff they cut was because that stuff will go into a sequel, this movie was giving away too much apparently and they were saving some stuff for the next one, but i still wanna see the scenes he was talking about

Reactions: Coasted
Im hoping like hell that they add it as deleted scenes. even if they didnt do the special effects for Venom. I really wanna see what he means by this, I doubt he would be lying about those scenes being his favorite.

Also I read that some of the stuff they cut was because that stuff will go into a sequel, this movie was giving away too much apparently and they were saving some stuff for the next one, but i still wanna see the scenes he was talking about

From what I’ve read, most of the cut scenes were improv bits from Hardy between Brock and Venom. Little to no action scenes were cut allegedly.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I loved Venom, and I think Tom Hardy really does amazing as Eddie.

I would love to see more from this set of characters, and that I am more curious now of other films they got in the pipeline, like Morbius or Kraven (especially the latter for a few reasons).

I wonder if this may be the push that allows Marvel Studios to have Venom meet up with Holland Spidey for Venom 2 (which seems in development).

There were also rumors that MS is rather interested in Kraven and Norman, so perhaps that may correlate to something in the future.