Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think Universal has any interest in adding Looney Toons at this time. 20+ some years ago when Time Warner was actively promoting their characters it MIGHT have made sense since Looney Toons were more recognizable that the Toon Lagoon comic strip characters, but now it would be really pointless.

I LOVE Looney Toons and have been a fan for forever, but I also realize their time has past at this point since their owner has done nothing to keep them relevant beyond those crappy Space Jam movies.

Back to Minions (the topic of this thread)-- I'm looking forward to all the new stuff coming.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Disney has been doing it with Pixar and some Lucasfilm attractions, but I don't like it in any capacity.

I know that some rides have gotten the "Presented by Disney & Pixar/Lucasfilm" subheading, but I can't recall any other ride where the studio name was in the title.

Villain Con will not be a huge attraction due to the design of the walkway. Which raises the question: is there any chance/what is the likelihood this will get ported over to Universal Studios Hollywood? The area Minion Mayhem and SLOP are in were rebranded to Minion Land. Maybe this will go on French street taking out the bistro and the can expand over the parking garage if they have to. I can see this being the hypothetical 2025 addition to the park as there appears to be none now and I don't think this would take a long time to construct due to the scale.

what's interesting is that the two most notable Pixar attractions (TSMM and Buzz) don't have any kind of marking on their largest queue signs, but Indiana Jones: Temple of the Forbidden Eye and Star Tours do.

picture proof:

new-toy-story-mania-queue-3-entrance.jpgIndiana-Jones-Adventure-Ride.jpgAstroBlasters-900x1200.jpgstar-tours-reopens-disneyland-1-6367750-scaled.jpg

Oh yes, keep going with this repaint :heart:

I'm glad they painted it. I was looking at it the other day and the Sound Stage stripe contrasting against the painted purple of the same siding on the DMMM building was just ugly. Also, Orange is a perfect color as Orange and Purple actually go together rather well and that street (including the Minion Cafe) should look pretty decent when done. I still don't like that this is a retrofit and a Minion land could've been done better from ground up, but it will make the area a bit more cohesive.

I just wish they were getting rid of the sound stage theming altogether on both attractions.

Villain Con will not be a huge attraction due to the design of the walkway. Which raises the question: is there any chance/what is the likelihood this will get ported over to Universal Studios Hollywood? The area Minion Mayhem and SLOP are in were rebranded to Minion Land. Maybe this will go on French street taking out the bistro and the can expand over the parking garage if they have to. I can see this being the hypothetical 2025 addition to the park as there appears to be none now and I don't think this would take a long time to construct due to the scale.

Or the kids park.

I always say this as I walk around the theme parks featuring theUniversal Monsters (1925), Popeye (1929), Betty Boop (1930), King Kong (1933), Dr Seuss (1937), Dudley Do-Right (1959), Spider-Man and the Hulk (1962), Jason Bourne (1980), E.T. (1982), Transformers (1984), The Simpsons (1987), Jurassic Park (1990), Harry Potter (1997), and The Mummy (1999). IP popularity sure is fleeting, I think.
TIL Jason Bourne first became a thing in 1980

It actually blows my mind that there's a discussion about the popularity of Minions. Like.. the Minions are as much of a "sure thing" as they've got.

Reactions: fryoj and Mad Dog
They are really trying to establish Illumination as a "reliable" brand the way Pixar is. That kind of thing goes a long way opening kids movies-- parents like to know before they go that it will be a decent film.
Again, I like DM/ Minions, but the whole point of Illumination is to be the discount-brand CG animation house - it's not even trying to compete artistically with Dreamworks, WDA, or Pixar. The animation is much less elaborate, the stories less sophisticated - and that's fine. It can still produce well-done films that deserve theme park lands.

It's a shame that we aren't getting a custom-built Minions land, but it's also a real shame we aren't getting something big based on Puss in Boots 2. The film was critically and popularly acclaimed and vastly superior to anything else Dreamworks has made, it would be nice to see Universal acknowledge that in a big way. The constantly shifting landscapes of the film would be absolutely incredible in a dark ride.

Again, I like DM/ Minions, but the whole point of Illumination is to be the discount-brand CG animation house - it's not even trying to compete artistically with Dreamworks, WDA, or Pixar. The animation is much less elaborate, the stories less sophisticated - and that's fine. It can still produce well-done films that deserve theme park lands.

It's a shame that we aren't getting a custom-built Minions land, but it's also a real shame we aren't getting something big based on Puss in Boots 2. The film was critically and popularly acclaimed and vastly superior to anything else Dreamworks has made, it would be nice to see Universal acknowledge that in a big way. The constantly shifting landscapes of the film would be absolutely incredible in a dark ride.
I’d say they’re looking to change this with the Mario movie.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95