Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm of the mindset that Rockit will go when the time comes. Too many issues and headaches since Day 1.

Not sure why everyone’s insistent that Production Central ever had a unified theme. The theme has always been a studio backlot and soundstages, you could swap in and out any IP.
Yeah - it's always been a hodgepodge that let them bend the rules.

Not sure why everyone’s insistent that Production Central ever had a unified theme. The theme has always been a studio backlot and soundstages, you could swap in and out any IP.

You’re correct- the question is, will it still be called Production Central, but with minions in it? or will it be called Minions Land, with Rockit and Transformers finding new homes?

Reactions: Clive
You’re correct- the question is, will it still be called Production Central, but with minions in it? or will it be called Minions Land, with Rockit and Transformers finding new homes?
Probably still called Production Central, with the Minion stuff being an unofficial sub-land. Similar to Sweet Haven in Toon Lagoon, the different Lost Continent sections, Amity being grouped with San Francisco, and likely the different areas of the KidZone replacement.

I'm of the mindset that Rockit will go when the time comes. Too many issues and headaches since Day 1.

Yeah - it's always been a hodgepodge that let them bend the rules.
Would another coaster replace Rocket or could it be removed for further theme park expansion? Could a possibility for a replacement be something like the Coaster from Super Silly Fun Land from Despicable Me 1 if they went with another coaster?

Would another coaster replace Rocket or could it be removed for further theme park expansion? Could a possibility for a replacement be something like the Coaster from Super Silly Fun Land from Despicable Me 1 if they went with another coaster?
I don’t think a Despicable Me kids coaster would be an appropriate replacement for Rockit. If a coaster must go into the spot, I think Fast & Furious could make its new home here with a variation of the upcoming USH coaster and free up the Supercharged plot for something… good.

no, just being "budget-friendly"

They could’ve very easily wrote nothing up there, or put the villain-con logo up there. It was for sure intentional that they chose soundstage

Also, in regards to it being budget friendly, besides them ripping down the entire facade, what else do you expect? It’s been this way for the past 30 years

Last edited:
This might confirm that the area stays officially as Production Central
I think it's called Minion avenue or Illumination avenue or something like that

Hence the giant ILLUMINATION sign I feel like is going to come to the Transformers building

I wish they would have just called it Minion Studios or something like that and leaned into them taking over the soundstages to film their movies or whatever

They could’ve very easily wrote nothing up there, or put the villain-con logo up there. It was for sure intentional that they chose soundstage

Also, in regards to it being budget friendly, besides them ripping down the entire facade, what else do you expect? It’s been this way for the past 30 years

I wasn't expecting anything else, but I mention budget friendly since they could have approached a similar design like Fallon where they at least covered a portion of the building with new facade work.

I imagine the cost of wrapping both buildings in facades would be astronomical

Really it would take a flattening and re-imagining of the area

Buuut, this is a very very important thoroughfare for events and just general park ops as well

So I understand the decisions made here

Just hoping for some greenery at some point