Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I imagine the cost of wrapping both buildings in facades would be astronomical

Really it would take a flattening and re-imagining of the area

Buuut, this is a very very important thoroughfare for events and just general park ops as well

So I understand the decisions made here

Just hoping for some greenery at some point
Yeah, full facades would, I just wish the buildings were painted away from the ugly "Soundstage beige".

Even just painting them blue like the Minions Cafe backdrop would be much more pleasing, but maybe that would interfere with the mood during HHN.
I obviously don't speak for everyone, but I don't think I would even notice during HHN lol.

Especially considering there will be a massive blue wall with "ILLUMINATION" across the top of it within direct view of the music plaza queue haha

I wanted this to be SLoP as much for the facades as it being more of a ride in general.

KidZone and F&F aside, the entrance has always been my issue with USF. I think Hollywood should always have been the entrance land. It's basically main street, fits the theme and ends in the grand reveal of the lake and access to the general park loop like so many other park designs.

I'm still glad there's someone new to look at and experience. My biggest question right now is whether that queue is air conditioned. Pretty sure it isn't, but I'm still crossing my fingers.

KidZone and F&F aside, the entrance has always been my issue with USF. I think Hollywood should always have been the entrance land. It's basically main street, fits the theme and ends in the grand reveal of the lake and access to the general park loop like so many other park designs.
I’m pretty sure I’ve read somewhere that the designers intentions were always for guests to turn right and have Hollywood be the first land they walk through. It doesn’t work in practice for newbies due to the natural inclination to keep going straight, but it’s what I always do when I visit the park.

Just realizing-- it's pretty amazing they have been able to do work to something in the middle of the park with few (or maybe no) disruptions to the area around it. Thinking back to Transformers and Velocicoaster construction, there were times when construction vehicles were going through the park while it was open to bring materials and equipment in and out with guests being held on the pathways, but I haven't seen anything like that with this. And I assume they had to remove the old ride system and bring the new one in, but I guess most or all was done when the park was closed.

Reactions: shiekra38
Just realizing-- it's pretty amazing they have been able to do work to something in the middle of the park with few (or maybe no) disruptions to the area around it. Thinking back to Transformers and Velocicoaster construction, there were times when construction vehicles were going through the park while it was open to bring materials and equipment in and out with guests being held on the pathways, but I haven't seen anything like that with this. And I assume they had to remove the old ride system and bring the new one in, but I guess most or all was done when the park was closed.

What I assume helped is a much larger backstage area for staging and the scope of the attraction is much smaller.

Flashbacks to them driving loading trucks through the park during Transformers construction and people thinking it was a parade

Reactions: Darko and Tyr12

I’m not crazy about the new Vs so far. I’ll reserve judgement for final install, but right now they read like when you add something to a project last minute cause it’s “missing something.” So far, they aren’t really adding anything.

I’m not crazy about the new Vs so far. I’ll reserve judgement for final install, but right now they read like when you add something to a project last minute cause it’s “missing something.” So far, they aren’t really adding anything.

Really diggin the color scheme for Villain-Con. Just wish, like @TheCodeMan95 brought up, the actual show building be given a makeover with that color scheme.

I seriously had zero interest in this attraction in the early stages but as time has gone on, I’m actually looking forward to it and giving it a try (er, shot I suppose). I’m sure either way, it will be better than MM and F&F. I really don’t care for MM honestly. Like at all. Thought it was just… ehhh. This should at least be fun. And obviously just about anything would be better than F&F so. Not much of a hill to climb to be better than that I know but still.

Seems like most people on this forum are buying into the attraction since more info has come out. The early negativism seems to be mostly positive now.
This always happens with new attractions, regardless of the content.

And F&F continues to get an excessively bad rap. It’s a fun dumb ride for a fun dumb IP, and the new improv elements in the pre-show have actually turned them into a strong point. I’ve been surprised by how positive guest reactions have been the last several times I’ve ridden it (though I’m sure overall scores are still low). Honestly, I’d rather have this version then a bare steel coaster with the IP name slapped on it.

This always happens with new attractions, regardless of the content.

And F&F continues to get an excessively bad rap. It’s a fun dumb ride for a fun dumb IP, and the new improv elements in the pre-show have actually turned them into a strong point. I’ve been surprised by how positive guest reactions have been the last several times I’ve ridden it (though I’m sure overall scores are still low). Honestly, I’d rather have this version then a bare steel coaster with the IP name slapped on it.
Supercharged is a severely flawed attraction, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine lmao. It's still one of my least favorite attractions at USF, but I still enjoy it.

I'm getting off-topic so rant over lol

Reactions: Ken96