Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is where my POV lies.

Unfortunately, Universal put itself in a literal corner when it added Minion Mayhem back in 2012 so it's tough to do something akin to what Japan and Beijing got.
Yes, at the time it was a franchise that only deserved a single ride, then...it blew up

By then the ride was already open at USF

I think someday we will see something more proper, but we all have to keep in mind that they *are* building an entirely new theme park and three hotels down the road

Plus whatever is coming to KZ

Reactions: Brian G.
I think this attraction is a win. We go from a 100% screen attraction to an attraction that mixes practical sets with screens AND has an interactive element. Above that, when you are so tired of "all the standing".... shigh...you can sit down in an expanded Minion Cafe and stuff your face.

I wonder if this is going to be modeled after Web Slingers where you can buy multiple variants of blasters that unlock new abilities. Or is it just a simple toy that does nothing and is meant for taking home a replica of the blaster you just used on the ride.
Yes, at the time it was a franchise that only deserved a single ride, then...it blew up

By then the ride was already open at USF

I think someday we will see something more proper, but we all have to keep in mind that they *are* building an entirely new theme park and three hotels down the road

Plus whatever is coming to KZ
Where would this more proper thing go? behind MM? A DM dark ride would have so much potential.

Calling it now, this is gonna be next thing the community gets burnt out. Right now we have a Screenz thread, next we'll have a Bandz thread
Hopefully they're able to see the difference between the two

One being an optional add on for instance

My only concern is that this will make MIB feel a bit obsolete, which worries me

Unless they can find a way to also link that to your UOapp

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I mean, it's still my favorite ride at Studios

I'm just wondering from a GP perspective, I could see MIB landing on a survey soon o_O
Sorry to sound like I have been living under a rock, but what does GP stand for? And to your above post, I think the area with MIB/Simpsons will be up there on the list of areas to revamp post EU. And who knows, Maybe MIB will be replaced with something really cool. Plus you have MK in EU, which could be considered a modern day successor to MIB when the ride gets the boot.

Reactions: shiekra38
Sorry to sound like I have been living under a rock, but what does GP stand for? And to your above post, I think the area with MIB/Simpsons will be up there on the list of areas to revamp post EU. And who knows, Maybe MIB will be replaced with something really cool. Plus you have MK in EU, which could be considered a modern day successor to MIB when the ride gets the boot.
General public.