Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I… did not enjoy it. The rooms feel wildly unfocused and it is never made clear what you are supposed to be shooting at, so you just sort of aim at everything and hope for the best. I hope it improves with rerides, but it did not make a good first impression.

Editing to add: I think the amount of guests in a room at any given time is a big negative on the experience. Too many targeting reticules are triggering too few effects, and as a result you rarely see the “before”, which dampens the effect of the “after”.

Last edited:
The queue before getting on is amazing though.
I don't think Universal's built a queue in the last 13 years that wasn't impressive (Bourne, maybe, but it fits the attraction).

So at least we have that!
It's fine haha. In line with what you'd expect, IMO.
yeah-thats-what-i-thought-thats-right.gif

;)

Theres a POV already on YouTube from a vlogger. Not sure if that was allowed but...o_O

I think the blaster looks really cool! I do hope they space out the dots a bit more. Seemed a little crowded.

To me, looks like what I hoped it’d kinda be if it weren’t a full dark ride, Buzz Lightyears Space Rangers spin vibes. It seems fine but I think a lot more could’ve be done here. I’ll judge more obviously when I play next year

Kinda shocked by who broke the rule first.

But… this is definitely something I think I’d need to experience in person, as I don’t think it comes off on video very well, and I don’t want to judge it too harshly.

I learned my lesson. I thought web slingers seemed lame, when I finally rode it, I had an absolute blast.

I did watch that POV and if it’s the same one we’re talking about, I’m kinda shocked none of the TMs said anything. It was pretty obvious he was filming. Well, it’s out there now. I understand that watching it in my phone is not the same thing as actually being there, but here’s my takeaway from what I saw:

It looks fine. I don’t think anyone expected this to be amazing but it’s about what I expected. I still don’t think I’m down for the idea of a standup ride. Again, I haven’t experienced it so maybe when I go in October I’ll have a chance to ride if the line is short, but I think if they really got creative with the space, they could’ve made this a sit-down ride and be Universal’s take on Buzz. Looks like an okay C-ticket. But hey, it’s an upgrade to Shrek so there’s that. Actually, this looks better than Web Slingers.

Also ironic considering the only two major additions this year in Orlando have both been stand-up rides.