Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is an attraction that kids can actually go on as long as they can stand up and it also is wheelchair friendly. The only other rides in the park that have no height requirement are K&K and Hogwarts Express (and I don't exactly think of that as a ride as much as a mode of transport). Aside from shows like Animal Actors, Bourne, and Horror Makeup after that, there's not a lot to do for extremely young kids which many families are disappointed by when they visit. Most kids can probably do ET and Fallon as well, but that's really it in the park.

So to answer your question, yes, this was needed.
For whatever reason I thought everyone was talking about size, not height.

Your post is spot on- 100% agree.

The fact they are minimal physicals sets means Universal can overlay and add in new scenes overnight which can lead to more randomization depending on the day you arrive vs the ride being the same everyday as well as holiday overlays etc. This is also soft opening.....which means they are still working on the ride to improve things they are just letting guests be part of the testing phase. Who knows how much things will change between now and the official opening.

Curious, has there been any ride at any Universal park that has done that, specifically holiday overlays or more randomization than Kong's different voiceovers? I know fans have speculated the same thing for both HRRR and DreamWorks theater out in Hollywood and we've seen nothing other than Rock the Universe songs and then one song at HRRR being changed? I want you to be right but fool me once...

It's funny - I always wondered how they had room for an HHN house in 1 of the Shrek theaters.

Now they built a 5.5 minute long ride in that space. Maybe it's a much larger than I thought.
I though that too when I saw how the queue was laid out. But then again @Alicia said they used both the theater and backstage space as well. Though I wonder if it has the ride or the queue or both that extended into the backstage portions.

It's funny - I always wondered how they had room for an HHN house in 1 of the Shrek theaters.

Now they built a 5.5 minute long ride in that space. Maybe it's a much larger than I thought.
Sometimes spaces are bigger than they seem and sometimes they’re smaller than they seem (I’d say Stitch’s Escape is an example of smaller than they seem, which is why it’s so hard to figure out what to do with that).

If they can fit an HHN house in a sprung tent or MIB tent then one Shrek theater was nothing. Having a mostly exterior queue for this helps being able to squeeze it into the remaining space. So does not having something like a ride vehicle maintenance bay, and I’m guessing the “loading platform” is a lot smaller than a TSMM or DCA Spiderman ride.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get some "kid blasters" which aren't functional, but make noise/light up and are lighter specifically for little ones who won't necessarily understand that they're not really doing anything. That way the littlest guests can still have fun. When my nieces were here the older ones got interactive wands and did all the Potter stuff and my sister bought the youngest a wand that lit up and made sound and she was perfectly happy to play with that doing the same thing her sisters were.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get some "kid blasters" which aren't functional, but make noise/light up and are lighter specifically for little ones who won't necessarily understand that they're not really doing anything. That way the littlest guests can still have fun. When my nieces were here the older ones got interactive wands and did all the Potter stuff and my sister bought the youngest a wand that lit up and made sound and she was perfectly happy to play with that doing the same thing her sisters were.

The old, give a kid the unplugged game controller routine.

this is what the blasters sold in 'Evil Stuff' can be used for.

Curious, has there been any ride at any Universal park that has done that, specifically holiday overlays or more randomization than Kong's different voiceovers? I know fans have speculated the same thing for both HRRR and DreamWorks theater out in Hollywood and we've seen nothing other than Rock the Universe songs and then one song at HRRR being changed? I want you to be right but fool me once...
HRRR came out when NBCUniversal still owned Universal Music but since Comcast no longer get Universal Music with the purchase we are one of the few parks that doesn't swap out music (USJ version of HRRR swaps music out almost quarterly)

Reactions: tankart150
Has anybody made a video with the blaster on the car park walkway saying this ride sucks yet?
Run Away GIF

I liked Villain Con, it’s not the best but it’s fun. Only thing I wish they’d change is the space between dots. Too many people blasting the screens at once, from what I understand it’s all Wi-Fi synced so it creates really bad lag. Plus all the cursers (if that’s what you even call it) from all the other blasters are kinda confusing and you have to pay attention to where you’re at and when you’re in a room with 15 other people it’s just a lot. It’s chaotic fun, but I like it. I just hope they make a few changes. There was one point of it where everyone was just blasting the screen all at once and you couldn’t even see what was happening because it was just fiery explosions happening every second again, chaotic fun.

It sounds like the solution to multiple problems (latency/lag, crowding/fear of smacking into people during gameplay) is to put fewer people onto the conveyor belt at once. Initially seems like a simple solution until you remember that adversely impacts capacity, but the trade off might be worth it if everyone has a better experience. They’d still likely need to tweak the game to accommodate fewer players in a scene at any given moment (ie fewer hits of a villain to trigger a powerup).