Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And… makes you think what more they could’ve done!
Well, the site was large enough for the original version of SLOP, a larger building than the present one at USH for this version of SLOP. But USF didn't want it, supposedly.....Probably worked out well in the end, since now USF has a nicely themed restaurant mini land in addition to the attraction.

Well, the site was large enough for the original version of SLOP, a larger building than the present one at USH for this version of SLOP. But USF didn't want it, supposedly.....Probably worked out well in the end, since now USF has a nicely themed restaurant mini land in addition to the attraction.
Ya I don’t hate this, just from a far seeing the other potential it is sometimes disappointing. Minions are fun tho so whatever

Honestly, I think this addition is probably best long term for the park. I would also like a new dark ride in Studios, but an extremely accessibility friendly, all ages, high capacity shooter attraction and a sizable permanent HHN year-round space will do more for the park overall imo. Especially since if we get our wishes with further expansions around Kidzone, Simpsons, FFL, and Supercharged we could end up losing quite a few current HHN house locations over the years like the F&F tents, Sprung Tents, B79. Or at least losing them how they are used as of now.

we went on this twice during our most recent trip and thought it was Fine. the gameplay is a little repetitive and there's still a bit of lag that can make it tough to stay fully engaged. we also thought it was a bit long, which is not a complaint I expected to have. overall, it's a decent shooting gallery and a great people eater but I didn't like it quite as much as I expected to.

So the ride queue and stores have the minions soundtrack and the land had the production central one? (i’ve heard minions 2 songs in videos)

Maybe i’m wrong and the production central mix just already had minions songs mixed in there? idk
When I was there a couple weeks back I definitely heard the old production central loop playing in the land, kind of surprised they didn't change it out for all minions music.

We rode this on our recent trip. Great fun concept but lots going on that invites repeat rides.

It does suffer the same issue as the MIB ride and the Buzz Lightyear ride in MK - it's hard to tell where you're aiming while you move past the targets. The larger target icons are a huge improvement over the little laser beam on those other rides, but I still found it difficult at first.

I may have missed something in the queue videos but I couldn't at first tell which color I was. Maybe it's in the app but I don't do that poop for a ride LOL.

On the other two rides the targets are somewhat stationary in the sense that they don't suddenly appear in the field - as your vehicle turns the corner into a new room the guests are all picking out new targets and the "spread" of little laser points helps a bit to see where you're aiming. In VCMB, a new target swoops onto the screen and *all* the larger targeting icons all move at once to this new target since all guests are now pointing to it.

Still lots of fun tho.

We rode this on our recent trip. Great fun concept but lots going on that invites repeat rides.

It does suffer the same issue as the MIB ride and the Buzz Lightyear ride in MK - it's hard to tell where you're aiming while you move past the targets. The larger target icons are a huge improvement over the little laser beam on those other rides, but I still found it difficult at first.

I may have missed something in the queue videos but I couldn't at first tell which color I was. Maybe it's in the app but I don't do that poop for a ride LOL.

On the other two rides the targets are somewhat stationary in the sense that they don't suddenly appear in the field - as your vehicle turns the corner into a new room the guests are all picking out new targets and the "spread" of little laser points helps a bit to see where you're aiming. In VCMB, a new target swoops onto the screen and *all* the larger targeting icons all move at once to this new target since all guests are now pointing to it.

Still lots of fun tho.
Thanks for the review! It’s been a while, so I dunno if anything changed, but I believe your color is reflected on the gun at some point early on. Can anyone confirm?