Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Quick one on the ‘kid must be able to stand’ rule for anyone that might have some inside info - would you be able to have your kid on while you wear a sling? Or push a stroller if you had it tagged as a wheelchair?

I know context is key, but you also use the word ride when referring to an escalator.
images

Universal Orlando has provided a bit more information on Illumination’s Villain-Con Minion Blast.

I wonder in what ways the blaster can customized and if it can be done without the app.

I really do think people are sleeping on how many problems the moving walkway is going to give guests. An outside force that moves people's legs, particularly one that changes the legs' position in relation to each other, will be very destabilizing, especially if the guests aren't used to it and are distracted. If I had to wager, I'd put some money on the claim that trying to figure out how to handle that issue is a big part of the prolonged adjustment process that pushed back the opening.

And it's not a ride.

I really do think people are sleeping on how many problems the moving walkway is going to give guests. An outside force that moves people's legs, particularly one that changes the legs' position in relation to each other, will be very destabilizing, especially if the guests aren't used to it and are distracted. If I had to wager, I'd put some money on the claim that trying to figure out how to handle that issue is a big part of the prolonged adjustment process that pushed back the opening.

And it's not a ride.
I don't think it will be too much of an issue. Aquariums have used curving moving walkways to transport thousands of guests per hour for years without issue. In an aquarium you're looking at fish, here you're looking at minions and holding a blaster, but that's essentially the difference.

it’ll definitely be an issue for some guests some of the time — particularly with the added wrinkles of shooting at moving(?) targets surrounded by other people doing the same. working at haunted mansion illustrated the regular challenges guests had with the walkway, though again, that had to do with wrinkles (it’s dark, and you’re quickly transferring).

ultimately, it’ll probably be mostly fine.

Reactions: tankart150
it’ll definitely be an issue for some guests some of the time — particularly with the added wrinkles of shooting at moving(?) targets surrounded by other people doing the same. working at haunted mansion illustrated the regular challenges guests had with the walkway, though again, that had to do with wrinkles (it’s dark, and you’re quickly transferring).

The difference here is no one is supposed to walk. Standing still should help fix most problems. And I’m pretty sure this moves slower than the moving walkway at Mansion.

I’m wondering if most people will be surprised by how slow this thing moves.

Those are linear walkways, which don’t offer the same kind of shifting center of gravity as curved ones and are also much more familiar to guests. Plus, in aquariums and most other existing applications of curved walkways, people have the option of stepping off onto solid ground, an option they won’t have here. It’ll probably be fine, but I think there’s a chance Uni made things more complex for themselves by not just using a simple dark ride system.

Put it this way; if guests can keep both feet on a single section of the belt - if the sections are large enough to accommodate a sizable dot guests are told to keep both feet on at all times - everything will be fine. But if guests are straddling belt sections or neighboring sections encroach on guests’ footing on turns - there could be a problem.

Reactions: alias8703
The difference here is no one is supposed to walk. Standing still should help fix most problems. And I’m pretty sure this moves slower than the moving walkway at Mansion.

I’m wondering if most people will be surprised by how slow this thing moves.
Any idea on capacity?

Any idea on capacity?
There will always be like a 100 to 120 people on the ride at any given moment, but without knowing the ride time or step on interval in seconds I’m not sure the capacity hourly. But someone will be stepping off to exit and another stepping on to start like every couple seconds I imagine.

Reactions: Nico