Villans Unleashed | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Villans Unleashed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And what does Disney do after this weekend's backlash? Announce a $99 hard ticket dessert party addition for Mickey's Not-So-Scary.

And what does Disney do after this weekend's backlash? Announce a $99 hard ticket dessert party addition for Mickey's Not-So-Scary.

It's totally different things though. DHS simply isn't a park with enough capacity at the moment to handle this type of event (as I stated on the previous page).

It's totally different things though. DHS simply isn't a park with enough capacity at the moment to handle this type of event (as I stated on the previous page).

Yeah, I'm aware. My point was just that it seemed like such a bad time to announce this. Bad PR followed by bad PR.

Yeah, I'm aware. My point was just that it seemed like such a bad time to announce this. Bad PR followed by bad PR.
It is a bit short-sighted, I agree. But people will pay for it. It's not much different than the upcharge offerings at HHN or HOS tbh. Those don't include admission either.

It is a bit short-sighted, I agree. But people will pay for it. It's not much different than the upcharge offerings at HHN or HOS tbh. Those don't include admission either.

But those atleast get you something!!! I'm very nonjudgmental but if someone has enough money to waste $99 for cupcakes instead of donating to a charity or a salvation army then I personally have a giant problem with you. I understand harambe nights and dare I say it villains unleashed because they atleast offer something, but it's personally disgusting that people who obviously have money to spend (somehow) are going to pay for this. To those selected few without children to cater to, enjoy your cupcakes in hell. Rant over

Especially considering it's an additional $99 you have to shell out for premium seating and desserts, not actual admittance into the event.

I'm dropping $62 dollars for a couple weekends of HHN. Completely different.

It just seemed like they didn't equip their CMs with proper information at all.

I'm not surprised in the slightest about this. When I went during the Star Wars weekends, in what was the information desk at the very front of the park, the CM working the booth didn't even know the times or exact locations of some of the major events taking place that day. I was able to answer another guests question, just by reading the times guide in about 2 seconds, before the CM could find the information by calling one of their managers. CMs that work very front line should know easy information such as times and locations.

I'm not surprised in the slightest about this. When I went during the Star Wars weekends, in what was the information desk at the very front of the park, the CM working the booth didn't even know the times or exact locations of some of the major events taking place that day. I was able to answer another guests question, just by reading the times guide in about 2 seconds, before the CM could find the information by calling one of their managers. CMs that work very front line should know easy information such as times and locations.

Agreed. Both parks have this issue. I have many times asked employees about parade times or fireworks times at Uni and no one ever knew the right answer. I would normally have to find a place to get a map. But I was at Disney once and trying to find a place to eat that was still open (was late at night and hot dog place was under construction which is my go to late night snack). He pointed me to the place near Pirates and I questioned him and asked are you sure it is still open. Oh yeah those places stay open until park close. Went all the way back their with a cranky hungry child only to be told no, it closes an hour before park close. I was not happy. I did luckily leave there and found a popcorn stand. All this started because the popcorn stand at the front entrance was not accepting credit card (machine had gone down) and hot dog place was closed. All I was looking for was another popcorn stand and there was another popcorn stand in front of the castle, but the guy couldn't point me to that one for some odd reason!!! I saw it when I was walking out of the park.

So there Disney goes again, instead of updating a dilapidating park, just like Epcot, they'll keep it "alive" with hard ticketed events. Star Wars will eventually be a hard ticket to.
And for what, souvenirs, cupcakes, character meet and greets and a mediocre show. Wasn't that normally why we went to a theme park in the first place?
And with Villains, ip's Disney got for many years, and the pleas from fans to build a freaking Villains land what does Disney do? Nothing but a hard ticket event! Money could be poring in from a scary land where guest could love to hate the evil characters, spend money on special food and souvenirs after seeing a fun and original show and ride a scary ride but instead the cattle buys stupid tickets for nothing and Evil Disney counts its money. So sad.

So there Disney goes again, instead of updating a dilapidating park, just like Epcot, they'll keep it "alive" with hard ticketed events. Star Wars will eventually be a hard ticket to.
And for what, souvenirs, cupcakes, character meet and greets and a mediocre show. Wasn't that normally why we went to a theme park in the first place?
And with Villains, ip's Disney got for many years, and the pleas from fans to build a freaking Villains land what does Disney do? Nothing but a hard ticket event! Money could be poring in from a scary land where guest could love to hate the evil characters, spend money on special food and souvenirs after seeing a fun and original show and ride a scary ride but instead the cattle buys stupid tickets for nothing and Evil Disney counts its money. So sad.
But..but..it makes money

If people are willing to pay extra money for pictures with characters then more power to Disney. I get disappointed with the lack of new rides, but when I see everyone waiting hours for a picture I realize why Disney has no incentive to build rides.

If people are willing to pay extra money for pictures with characters then more power to Disney. I get disappointed with the lack of new rides, but when I see everyone waiting hours for a picture I realize why Disney has no incentive to build rides.

Exactly..if people demand low quality then why would Disney not jump on the opportunity? The problem will be one day...it will become stale