Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theme Park, Play Park, Water Park, Liquid Park, Park .... Everyone has an opinion and that's great because it makes for good discussions, lets be honest though, whatever the marketing department decides to call Volcano bay it won't stop people turning up. Out of the millions that will visit what percentage will refuse to go because it maybe refereed to something that in peoples opinions it is not?

If you wanted to be real fussy a theme park is defined as an amusement park with attractions etc based on a theme. A water park is still defined as an amusement park however with water based attractions etc. So in theory if the water park also has a theme, which VB does then calling it a water theme park makes sense. Typhoon lagoon should also be called a water theme park as that also has a theme just likeBlizzard beach etc.

As for calling it a theme park they are also not wrong, it still meets the definition of a theme park just doesn't specifically identify it as having water based attractions. That is not based on my opinions either, just using the definitions to justify what they could call it... My personal opinion... I don't really care, I don't see why some get so hung up on it and I certainly wouldn't consider calling it a water theme park or just a theme park as a bad thing, just because it does not follow the norm does not mean they are incorrect to call it either of those two. Maybe all of the other water parks across the world should have gone with water park if they had no theme or water theme park if they are theme, just a thought. :lol:

"6 parks" =/= "6 theme parks"

We all know what they're trying to communicate, let's not drag the subjective theme park definition argument out there.

This is my break down. I'm counting at least 12 slides (not including the kids area), an incredible lazy river and a wave pool.

yfR9HtE.jpg

I really hope that water coaster has small show scenes. Yes, I said that. Look up "Voyage to the Center of the Earth" at Colorado's Water World park.

If they do something like THAT, I'll start coming around to the "water theme park" moniker.

I'm assuming we will get projected water screens on some of this slides.

Reactions: Ryan
I thought I'd try and merge the art work into google earth but all this does is show you just how out of proportion and scale this artwork is.

x8Ehnjq.jpg

I really don't know what to make of it. It seems too detailed to just be concept art, it's not detailed enough to be included on a park map, the proportions are way off and I can't tell if it's just a place holder for something coming.

I really don't know what to make of it. It seems too detailed to just be concept art, it's not detailed enough to be included on a park map, the proportions are way off and I can't tell if it's just a place holder for something coming.
It seems obvious to me that it's exactly what it is the artwork for the general resort map. Everything you mention is true of the IOA, USH and CW art as well. It's enough so all the key elements can be seen but intended to give a stylized view of the property.

June 1st y'all.

Earlier than I expected! This is good news, it means we get to see a lot of construction at a nice pace.

I thought I'd try and merge the art work into google earth but all this does is show you just how out of proportion and scale this artwork is.

x8Ehnjq.jpg

Nice effort Scott, I have noticed on the aerial views we have had of construction there seems to be a pass through in the volcano for a river but some object look like they are in the way so I am still undecided at this stage, will try and highlight them later tonight.

Also can someone put this in slow mo please I have only watched it about 50 times haha!!! forget the damn 'Map' this I'm sure is more accurate to what is planned!

18 attractions....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.