Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 237 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the pool where the slide with the drop at the end, is there also going to be diving, jumping cliffs?

I'd love a cliff diving area. They'd have to staff it like a slide with people on the top and bottom, but it would be a blast. I'm sure the increased risk of injuries from people not hitting the water the right way would prevent it from happening here though.

Was going to bit they Jay Stein book for holiday reading but @Mad Dog had quoted it that many times I feel I know it inside out already ;)
I had read Genneway's previous book on the Universal Disney war, and it had so much good info that I made a mistake in not highlighting the important info. So when I read this book I highlighted the important info and bookmarked the pages that had it. But when I finished, it turned out that I bookmarked nearly every page and highlighted about half the text. There's that much good info. So the highlighting and page marking didn't help much since it's essentially the whole book. Bottom line though, Universal is largely still operating under Jay Stein's philosophy & ideas. And most of the Universal leaders are people who came up under his training. So, unlike Disney, that's had a lot of executive changes, Universal has been nearly a straight leadership line, even though the company has changed ownership numerous times. They are still the Universal of Jay Stein. Right now, they're kind of continuing in the direction he wanted to go in until they got bogged down by ownership changes that retarded the development Jay wanted. He would have loved working with Comcast, in my opinion.

If I go to the main site on my PC I don't see anything like that. Maybe mobile only? Nope nothing on mobile for me

Edit: Only way I see it is to go to the tickets2 site, maybe I need to clear cache?

The 3-Park 4-Day Park to Park Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ AND Universal’s Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park on the same day. Ticket is valid for any four (4) calendar days during a seven (7) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. This ticket also includes seven (7) consecutive calendar days of admission to select live entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk™ which commences and includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. TICKET IS VALID STARTING JUNE 1, 2017. The ticket will expire in full on the expiration date printed on ticket. Unused days shall be forfeited.

Last edited:
These are the concrete wall bases I was talking about. They are connected to a steel retaining wall that has been sunk into the ground as if to support something large. Could this before a highway blocking wall.
View attachment 3555

When they first started site prep they sank sheet piling along there so they could trench for large sewer/storm sewer pipes along the pilings. They were huge pipes. I expect a jersey type barrier but not a huge wall. More like the sound barriers you see along the rest of the interstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.