Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 254 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they are really booking to get this open. Everything seems to be accelerating.
They have to be, the Opening Date is being advertised worldwide. The opening date is a Hard Stop if they don't want a PR and Refund nightmare!

Cue the Price is Right mountain climb yodeling!
ika%20Moana%20testing%201.GIF

We have movement!!!!
ika%20Moana%20testing%202.GIF

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
ika%20Moana%20testing%203.GIF

Bit of a thread explosion here, lots going on:)

if only they could find a way to replicate that waterslide in Goonies.

HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYS

2lszn7m.jpg

From today:
IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Power washing the rock work before adding more details.

IMG_1581.jpg

They have added the big yellow bowed thing to the entrance building.

IMG_1578.jpg

Great pics :thumbsup:.

From what we can see so far............. that rock work looks expletive amazing

So another week off and some huge updates to come back to which was great to see, just remember one thing with slides too, if landscape was built up around them like they are built into the landscape there would appear to be less height which would also reduce the fun factor. I don't generally like heights but I like the adrenaline, I wouldn't get any adrenaline if everything appeared to be built in the ground. I know we are all different its just another perspective to look at it from so not always a bad thing if the supports are showing. Some theming of the supports would be nice though.

Also for a couple of questions I noticed no one answered:

Those platforms in the volcano are for the stairs, you can even see the stair stringers (outside supports for the steps) leading up to the platforms in the video. Also concept video shows platforms with stair leading too them. I would post screen grabs but I did this a while back and haven't got the time to dig them up right now.

Oh and some Bioreconstruct updates:

and finally a Wildgravity Travels video update and a tweet with more photos in the web link:

Great updates, it sure is moving fast now...

I like the the yellow arch structure, I guess it will have more added to it but I do like its simplicity on the skyline in its current state

I'm looking forward seeing the landscaping go in, will draw the eye away from those slides some aren't best chuffed with (@Mad Dog ;)). I would have loved to see total theming around the perimeter slides but I'm also a realist and understand that they had to draw the line somewhere, and whilst I don't mind the slides I do wonder what the thought process was with the colour against something a little more sophisticated, go away green and browns for example.

I just drove by. More scaffolding is down on the I-4 side of the volcano. And they are doing water dummy tests on the Blue and Green slides near the new Cabana Bay Tower.

Sounds like they are really booking to get this open. Everything seems to be accelerating.

I'm starting to get hope for softs on my upcoming trip. long shot but it's gonna be close

7 Weeks to go :clap::clap::clap:

Bit of a thread explosion here, lots going on:)

HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYS

2lszn7m.jpg

Great pics :thumbsup:.

From what we can see so far............. that rock work looks expletive amazing

Great updates, it sure is moving fast now...

I like the the yellow arch structure, I guess it will have more added to it but I do like its simplicity on the skyline in its current state

I'm looking forward seeing the landscaping go in, will draw the eye away from those slides some aren't best chuffed with (@Mad Dog ;)). I would have loved to see total theming around the perimeter slides but I'm also a realist and understand that they had to draw the line somewhere, and whilst I don't mind the slides I do wonder what the thought process was with the colour against something a little more sophisticated, go away green and browns for example.

I'm starting to get hope for softs on my upcoming trip. long shot but it's gonna be close

7 Weeks to go :clap::clap::clap:
Heh, is that a picture of you after that night at Mangos?......Yes, I'm envisioning softs well before the official opening date. The finish line isn't all that far away. It's mostly finishing touches, cosmetic & landscaping now......Looks a lot like the pool area at Sapphire eight weeks before it opened.....That army of workers tells me they're in a hurry to open it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
Is it too much to hope if I want a luau blowout for the grand opening? Polynesian formal wear with lots of pork and drinks? APs invited?
This is a "theme park", right?

Well, streetmosphere here should be some Hula Dancers with some drummers on the beach. Over by the quiet pool should be a large guy with a ukulele. At the bar near the rapids river should be a Hawaiian Lounge band.

They could really position this as an "after park" park if they were to roll out some live entertainment at about 5pm and go until 11pm.

I just found out that The Luau at Royal Pacific is closed. I really wish they had some place to do it at Volcano Bay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.